It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon Halong hits Japan, 1.5 million to evacuate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
With all the other stuff going on in the world right now I was not even aware of this storm. BUt they are saying the levels of torrential rain were already unprecedented and there is serious threat to life and it could inflict massive damage.

!.5 million were ordered to evacuate.

This is all Japan needs I hope Fukushima is safe..

The typhoon made landfall near Aki, Kochi prefecture, on Shikoku island at around 6am (0700 AEST) on Sunday, an official at the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

On Saturday, the agency issued its highest warning for Mie prefecture, some 300km west of Tokyo, as the outer bands of the storm were already lashing the region and other areas of southwestern Japan.

The warning means that the storm poses a threat to life and could inflict massive damage, the meteorological agency said.

link

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The last time a storm swamped Japan and created massive runoff at the crippled plant…

Link

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
With all the other stuff going on in the world right now I was not even aware of this storm. BUt they are saying the levels of torrential rain were already unprecedented and there is serious threat to life and it could inflict massive damage.

!.5 million were ordered to evacuate.

This is all Japan needs I hope Fukushima is safe..

The typhoon made landfall near Aki, Kochi prefecture, on Shikoku island at around 6am (0700 AEST) on Sunday, an official at the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

On Saturday, the agency issued its highest warning for Mie prefecture, some 300km west of Tokyo, as the outer bands of the storm were already lashing the region and other areas of southwestern Japan.

The warning means that the storm poses a threat to life and could inflict massive damage, the meteorological agency said.

link

wtf, was on the weather report this morning but hadn't heard anything else about it until now.

this one might be a record event,

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Indeed with the news of war, Ebola... all escalating, many things are being pushed aside. Not to dismiss those as non important at all but news seems slow and wrapped up. First time I've heard of this, thanks for sharing.

As an international site, am sure there may be a few people from this site in Japan. Sending regards.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Then in Hokkaido , Japan was a 6.0 EQ !!!

prayers for all

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
How have they not built a huge high dam around this plant before another storm like this rocked in, they had plenty of time to put some sort of major protection over/around the affected parts by now.

Having said all that, i do of course hope with pure luck, that the plant doesnt get it too bad this time around

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Japan is really not a safe place to live. Hope the best for all life there.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Prayers to all those in the path, may whatever deity they worship guild them and protect them,

And may some semblance of normality return to that battered nation soon.

new topics

top topics

join