It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with South American Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I found these at a local yard sale and I'm trying to find out more about them. They were marked at the sale as Peruvian, but my research so far leads me to think they could be from Ecuador. They are hand made paper, pressed into a mold and painted. But alas, not signed. I'd love to know more about the artist. Can anyone out there help?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Beautiful...
Have you tried google images?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yes, I tried that. I've tried everything I can think of ! It's driving me insane.

The best clue I found was on a travel blog that mentioned an Ecuadorian artist who goes by the name "El Nativo" He apparently has a shop in Otavalo, Ecuador and the work pictured was similar to mine, though the article said he painted on leather, not paper.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seaside sky

those are awesome! nice find.
hunting down south american native art forms on the internet can be difficult. I haven't seen these before.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Thanks Pirhanna !

They were a terrific find - I've never seen anything quite like them. Original paintings, but not signed anywhere. I'd like to find more of them.

Thanks for bumping this up top again. I'll probably do that myself over the next couple days as it might take awhile to get an answer.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm still searching for information, and still coming up with nothing. Anyone know anything about this artwork? Come on, ATS -- this is the place that always comes up with the answer !

join