It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci fi movies and tv shows and Chinese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To be honest not even sure why this just popped in my head but hear it goes. I used to watch a lot of sci fi and i always noticed a lot of the background stuff like signs billboards ect most were in Chinese. One that comes to mind was the tv show firefly a lot of Chinese in the background.
I believe blade runner the movie with Bruce Willis and the flying taxi and red head cant think of the movies name. ect. May be the more knowledgeable ats movie tv buffs could add to the list. But any way with China buying up so much of America was this a way of subconsciously prepping us? Again not sure why i got this idea out of the blue but what do you guys think? Is my tinfoil hat on to tight lol. thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Were some of the scenes shot in China Town?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I guess it is because sci-fi is a depiction of the future. China over populating the future is something the west can relate to.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The movie with Bruce Willis and the flying taxi was called The fifth Element.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah, Chinese dominance isn't exactly much of a question as futurism goes...

I wish I was good at languages, sadly like most Americans I suck and Chinese is particularly hard.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In Firefly it was a result of America and China being the two superpowers that "made it" out into space - fleeing the 'earth-that-was' - or something like that. Chinese and English were the two primary languages in the culture(s) of that show.

Of course, Firefly got screwed over by idiots.

Best sci-fi show ever. IMO.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
In Firefly it was a result of America and China being the two superpowers that "made it" out into space - fleeing the 'earth-that-was' - or something like that. Chinese and English were the two primary languages in the culture(s) of that show.

Of course, Firefly got screwed over by idiots.

Best sci-fi show ever. IMO.

I can get behind that. Cowboys, ninjas, space and academies for better prostitutes. What more could you ask for!

new topics

top topics

join