It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-Dollarization Accelerates - China/Russia Complete Currency Swap Agreement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-09/de-dollarization-accelerates-chinarussia-complete-currency-swap-agreement
from link....

The last 3 months have seen Russia's "de-dollarization" plans accelerate. First Gazprom clients shift to Euros and Renminbi, then the UK signs currency swap agreements with China, then NATO ally Turkey cuts ties and mulls de-dollarization, Switzerland jumps in the currency swap agreements, and BRICS create their own non-US-based funding vehicle, and then finally this week, Russia's oligarchs have shifted cash holdings to Hong Kong. But this week, as RT reports, Russian and Chinese central banks have agreed a draft currency swap agreement, which will allow them to increase trade in domestic currencies and cut the dependence on the US dollar in bilateral payments. “"The agreement will stimulate further development of direct trade in yuan and rubles on the domestic foreign exchange markets of Russia and China," the Russian regulator said.

Again i am no wizard with finances but most of us expect the dollar to crash is this a warning sign? Hope to learn more from the smarter guys here that know about this stuff. I am just trying to learn thanks all...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
Hope to learn more from the smarter guys here that know about this stuff. I am just trying to learn thanks all...

Me too

I wonder if this is all part of tptb master plan?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

And then the rothschild's came a tumbling down, replaced by a chinese equivelant as the emerging economy's become dominant, it is not really how rich you are as a nation but how you treat your citizen's and the (real not mathematical) average quality of life and there income relative to the cost of living and america's downfall has coincided with her elite hoarding the money that should have been in the economy going in circles to drive industry, wage's, consumerism.

When your workforce work for slave wage's and your elite have too much asset to actually use (if it was all being used in business and production inside the country it would not be a problem but they hoard it) then the system has started to decay, this happened a long time ago in america and the damage accelerated in the 80's and 90's beginning the downfall as more money was stripped out of circulation into fewer large private account's, they same thing has happened throughout the west.

It is the innevitable outcome of corporate friendly deregulation and corrupt financial institutions.

It is truly saddening though but the state of Detroit city is a indicator of the larger failure in the US economy, foreign import's to the state's taking away the job's of it's own citizens and reducing consumer expenditure in real term's so impoverishing the nation that hosts the very same financial tick's that sucked it dry of it's life blood.

Of course those Tick's will simply jump to another country when they have killed there host.

edit on 9-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The dollar will remain strong in the "America's" side of the world. I kind of see the Euro a thing of the past, although it will continue to be used, but the Russian and Chinese currency will be and already has taken a turn to be a power player on the world market. American politics screwed up big time by causing distrust to seizure of bank accounts on the whim at anytime. The problem is, people know that if money is not backed up by something other than the "honor" of its country, that the money will become worthless or near worthless one day. And this is happening as I see it even in Asia. Time for a change. Remember, no one knows how the Chinese think, and that maybe true of the Russians.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Russians and Chinese are so corrupt that you can bet they are already working out how best to screw each other over. This is very bad financial planning and mark my words it is going to lead to the greatest Sino-Russian failure since the cold war.
You don't increase business by isolating 75% of your customers.
Finance is a worldwide game and you never win by taking your ball and going home.
If the US/Saudi petrodollar game is seriously threatened they can simply deny oil to these countries until they freeze to death.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The Russians and Chinese are so corrupt that you can bet they are already working out how best to screw each other over. This is very bad financial planning and mark my words it is going to lead to the greatest Sino-Russian failure since the cold war.
You don't increase business by isolating 75% of your customers.
Finance is a worldwide game and you never win by taking your ball and going home.
If the US/Saudi petrodollar game is seriously threatened they can simply deny oil to these countries until they freeze to death.

That is their side of the world. Russia and China both have oil. I do agree with you on how they are going to screw one another over, but every businessman does that.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you wanna see how this is going to end up look at the standard of living in those countries. China imports around 6 billion barrels a day and Russia signed a deal with Iran to help make up for their import oil losses due to sanctions. They don't really "have their own oil". This is precisely why the House of Saud would like to see action against Iran.
You see these venomous snakes have only each other left to turn to after pissing off everybody else.
Iran,Russia,and China are the kids nobody picked to play so they're going to go make their own team, and it's still going to suck.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Russia and China are too smart to go to war with each other. It will never happen. Their east Asian border will become a superhighway of russo-chinese commerce in the coming days, mark my words.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You don't know how wrong you are. This is not the 1950s. These emerging economies are reaching a plateau of prosperity the west could only dream of, had it not created a society of complete a#holes the world hates, and wants nothing to do with.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It does signal the end of the US dollar as the worlds currency reserve. As for if the US economy falls gradually or suddenly depends on many factors.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Really just jumped in here to point out that the Rothschild family doesn't lose anything if the dollar collapses or is devalued.
They already have the physical assets in place to start a new currency if needed.
It wouldn't surprise me to find it's already printed.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
1. Zero hedge has to be the most unreliable, purely speculative sight concerning finance.

Here is what is so great about this coming collapse. All the stooges who have been on the execution end of this dollar madness are screwed. If your name is known by anyone at all your are doomed just like everyone else. While these last one hundred years the names we knew believed, and acted like they were in the in crowd they will find out they are doomed like those they sought to hard to degrade.

The one percent is doomed too, if not more then the 99 percent because they have no real skills. Who the hell is going to give a hedge fund lackey the time of day in a collapse?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: switchqm8

And then the rothschild's came a tumbling down, replaced by a chinese equivelant as the emerging economy's become dominant

Bahahah, tumbling down? To what, only 100 billion dollars? awww
edit on 9-8-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The reported U.S. Debt to GDP Ratio is already above great deflation and ww2 levels. It equates to a staggering $500,000 of debt per taxpayer and that's without including unfunded liabilities.

If you include unfunded liabilities (look reports by Boston University economist Laurence Kotlikof ) real US debt is above 200 Trillion which equates to something like $5-10 million of debt per taxpayer.

The Fed has been buying its own debt through proxies to try keep the ball rolling but clearly that debt cannot be swept under the rug forever.

World will continue to desert the USD in favor of bi-lateral agreements with its trading partners.

Winters coming.
edit on 9 8 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: glend The US economy is built on war. We will kill you all before we lose the dollar.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Yes but more countries are leaving USD faster than you can invade em! So it will have to be a greater war (WW3) or face a revolution. Both choices look ugly.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: LABTECH767

Really just jumped in here to point out that the Rothschild family doesn't lose anything if the dollar collapses or is devalued.
They already have the physical assets in place to start a new currency if needed.
It wouldn't surprise me to find it's already printed.

I think you don't know how the world works. Money talks and bs walks.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: glend
Nobody is leaving the dollar...yet. But yeah this leading to WWIII is not unseeable.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: glend
Nobody is leaving the dollar...yet. But yeah this leading to WWIII is not unseeable.

ww3 will never occur unless the people in charge are a lot more psychotic than I think they are. Not with weapons at least, maybe all wars from now on will be purely economic. If you think the 'people in charge' will destroy the world for thousands of years to come (thats what military ww3 would entail I presume) than I dont know, it does make sense if they all have their epic bunkers though, so maybe that is the plan.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'd say we are seeing the eventual inevitability playing out. You can't have a great nation without a great economy and for that you have to make stuff people want to buy. I have seen this play out in manufacturing. Increasing competition and pressure from better and cheaper products from overseas while the younger our workforce becomes the worse attitude they have. We now have generations of people that want to be constantly entertained. They, generally speaking here, don't want to work for it.

Where did our place in the sun materialize from? We lucked out post WWII. Manufacturing was by far northern hemisphere and most of that got beat senseless in the war. Sometimes I wonder if our "leaders" (I say that loosely) had contrived this. Ruin is the best money mover and the best chance to skim somebody Else's wealth. Start a fight between two people and mop up after they have beat themselves senseless. Be the arbiter of peace afterwards and benefit from the confusion and pain.

So the pendulum swings, as it always does. Nations rise and fall and the fall is precipitated by the people becoming too comfortable and going to sleep intellectually. So now here we are. Some of us realizing long after others that the ride is almost over and we have to disembark the pleasure boat we've been on very soon. So watch that currency swing.

And for those that don't think it matters did I mention we don't make anything anymore. Wonder how much that big screen will cost with a greatly devalued dollar? How about them pants made in Honduras? Talapia for dinner anyone?? Lolol...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join