It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama’s lack of response to ISIL was a huge mistake

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

In fact I am a retired one.

Really? You are the same guy that balked at me a year or so ago when I predicted exactly this outcome during the U.S administrations drum beating for war with Syria over Assad's alleged chemical weapons use. I went so far as to state that I felt the outcome (or goal) was the establishment of an Islamic caliphate by radicals and you flat out told me how that would never happen.

So maybe it's a good thing you are retired.
edit on 10-8-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
just to add evidence that the WH sat on it's hands & allowed ISIL/Isis/IS to thrive, flourish, plunder, murder and conduct atrocities against displaced groups....

SNIP:

Saleh Mohamed, co-president of the Democratic Union party...The military wing of the Syrian Kurds, the Peoples Protection Units,
had crossed over, Mohamed said, to help local Kurdish peshmerga fighters in Iraq who are facing Isis jihadists.

"These people (ISIS) want to change everything back to the way it was 1,500 years ago," he said. "We knew it was dangerous for Sinjar and the Yazidis.
Isis fighters view them as unbelievers---> but the Kurdish regional government [in Irbil] withdrew their forces." (after being snubbed by asking for assistance)

He said his party had warned the US and the UK six months ago that Isis was planning attacks "No one took us seriously.
[But] now the jihadists have advanced weapons and money, they can do what they want on their own."

www.theguardian.com...

so much for the "We Will Not Permit Genocide by ISIS to Any Groups of non-Sunni, Muslims" said by Obama in recent days
the USA was approached by the Syrian Kurds with DUP and the Iraq Kurds about aid and assistance 6 months ago...(right around Feb. 2014) and denied any helping hand

btw... The caliphate, IS/Isis, et al seems to be growing because all the AQ affiliates in Syria have joined the IS in Iraq to get rid of the Shia led gov't in Baghdad...
the only armies left in Syria to fight the Assad armies are the mercenary AQ core...
its a Riot Scenario, with the Caliph Ibrahim & the inner central planning team allowing the individual Jihadists to run unchecked most of the time...while the imams tell the footsoldiers that to kill a Christian gets you to paradise...
and they all get paid at least 30 (pounds ?) per month to boot

edit on th31140767482110472014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31140767495810492014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Obama is secretly cheering them on. He doesn't care about dealing with any problems other than legalizing illegals and restricting the rights of Americans. He let that group grow and grow and grow and now is just appeasing people with puny air strikes while they run around killing everyone and everything in their path. Google "Isis Beheadings" and you'll see how bad it really is. They're killing Christians left and right. If they were in Africa pulling this, Obama would have sent troops there immediately.

I don't want troops on the ground, but we have to ramp up the strikes and obliterate them, and anyone else helpig them, as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here's what Obama should have done as soon as they took Mosul:

Immediately bombed them to smithereens!

The bleeding hearts/USA haters/Republicans would have had a lovely time demonising the USA and Obama if that had been done!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

OBAMA SKIPPED ALMOST HALF HIS DAILY INTEL BRIEFS - CAN'T BLAME INTEL AGENCIES FOR ISIL
"In the fallout over President Barack Obama blaming the intelligence community for the rise of the Islamic State, a new report has surfaced showing that he attended less than half of his daily intel briefings.

"The Government Accountability Institute, an investigative research organization, said the president went to only 42.1 percent of his intelligence meetings, known as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB, in the 2,079 days of his presidency through Monday, according to Breitbart.

"The GAI report also revealed during his first term he attended 42.4 percent of the briefings, while Obama has even reduced that number in his second term, with just a 41.3 percent attendance record."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join