It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. church cancels gay man's funeral

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

because Jesus was God and was perfect.

Basic human nature is evil.

look at homosexuality.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

look at homosexuality.

As the "The Count" would say, let me count the assumptions:
Jesus was - 1,
Jesus was God - 2,
God is - 3,
Jesus is/was God - 4,
Both are Perfect - 5,
Human Nature is Evil - 6,
Evil Exists - 7,
Seven. Seven assumptions I Count in there....ha ah ah.....

How many of those can you back up without using The Bible as your only support???

Also, how exactly are any of those linked to Homosexuality?? Other than Human Nature I suppose.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

look at homosexuality.

Why do you think Homosexuality is evil?

EDIT: What I mean is, what about Homosexuality do you think is evil? Not what a book told you to believe and think, not what a cult told you to believe and think. What about Homosexuality is EVIL?
edit on 12-8-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

look at homosexuality.

As the "The Count" would say, let me count the assumptions:
Jesus was - 1,
Jesus was God - 2,
God is - 3,
Jesus is/was God - 4,
Both are Perfect - 5,
Human Nature is Evil - 6,
Evil Exists - 7,
Seven. Seven assumptions I Count in there....ha ah ah.....

How many of those can you back up without using The Bible as your only support???

Also, how exactly are any of those linked to Homosexuality?? Other than Human Nature I suppose.

i was replying to Texas SeeBee. you have to go read his post first.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

look at homosexuality.

EDIT: What I mean is, what about Homosexuality do you think is evil? Not what a book told you to believe and think, not what a cult told you to believe and think. What about Homosexuality is EVIL?

www.impactprogram.org...

poorer health across the spectrum

www.huffingtonpost.com...

suicide

www.examiner.com...

infidelity

not going to delve into
murder
domestic violence
purposely infecting each other with AIDS and other STD/STI
gay parades
homosexuality in prisons and jails
and on and on....

www.gaylesbiantimes.com...

get my point
current articles,
current facts
current events
current sick evil behavior.

current scientific articles, not a book, not a cult,
current up to date evidence that
it is a filthy dirty evil lifestyle.
edit on 14/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

look at homosexuality.

www.impactprogram.org...

poorer health across the spectrum

www.huffingtonpost.com...

suicide

www.examiner.com...

infidelity

not going to delve into
murder
domestic violence
purposely infecting each other with AIDS and other STD/STI
gay parades
homosexuality in prisons and jails
and on and on....

www.gaylesbiantimes.com...

get my point
current articles,
current facts
current events
current sick evil behavior.

current scientific articles, not a book, not a cult,
current up to date evidence that
it is a filthy dirty evil lifestyle.

This is the stupidest post any of us are likely to ever see on the internet. Ever. Here I was hoping you'd answer like a human being - silly me.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

your opinion BWK.

opinions are like a.......

everyone has one .........

i have interacted with you an a couple of threads
and take your comments about me and my opinions as a compliment.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
it doesn't matter how filthy dirty evil lifestyle you think the lifestyle is.
it doesn't justify renagging on an agreement that was made with a 24 hour notification.
like I said the pastor should have made sure all understood the policies before he agreed to do the service

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

From your Examiner link:

A more recent study on the rate of infidelity among lesbians and gays done by Alliant International University in San Francisco, reported on by Instinct magazine found that the number of gay men in committed relationships who engaged in infidelity has dropped in recent years.

USA Today expands on the findings in that study with the following information:

The number of gay men who cheated on a partner dropped from 83% to 59%. See 25 Reasons Why Men Cheat
The number of lesbians who cheated on a partner dropped from 28% to 8%. See 14 Kinds of Women Most Likely to Cheat on Their Mate.

Gays lived life on the fringe for many, many years - because basically they were pushed out of mainstream society. They are now starting to push back. They want to be mainstream, so they are starting to live the mainstream life, just with the same gender. They want stability, marriage, picket fence, dog in the backyard - the whole bit. Shouldn't we be encouraging that?

The whole suicide issue is because of the rejection by society. Get rid of the rejection, and you get rid of the suicides. Simples.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

my reply was to BWK.

feel free to butt in anytime
to add your valuable $0.02 worth.

maybe the pastor only found out that the guy was gay 25 hours before the ceremony.
perhaps the family neglected to inform the pastor, thinking they could sneak one
by, not in the closet but in the casket, and prop up a semblance of respectability.

this is probably the same pastor in Florida who burned a Koran.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
how are we to know what kind of religious quirks any one business or church has until they tell us??
is it really our job to confess the sins of our dear loved ones to the pastor when he ask he officiate a ceremony??
really?? he should have a set policy in writing and it really doesn't sound like he had one since his rejection stemmed from the complaints of others in the congregation.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

your opinion BWK.

opinions are like a.......

everyone has one .........

i have interacted with you an a couple of threads
and take your comments about me and my opinions as a compliment.

Yep, you're right - everyone has an opinion. Your opinion is warped and evil, you've been sucked in by the satan you thought you were running away from and now you're blindly spitting your hate, bigotry and evil on to other people. It doesn't stick to the likes of me, who has come accross the likes of you many, many times before and in a battle of wit and intellect always comes out on top.

If you're wondering why, it's because not only are you wrong and bad, you know you are wrong and bad. You've just dug such a deep hole for yourself that you either can't get out or found a comfy spot to sleep in and decided to stay.

I'm not so sure that is the case with the pastor in this story, though I probably wouldn't be far off. I think it's a matter of trying to keep his congregation happy and in these times of slipping church attendance, I don't blame him.

Never-the-less, the family should have known better than to try to have this man's funeral at a hateful, bigoted, evil church. A harsh lesson to learn for them, but a valuable one that the won't ever forget.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

really, and homosexual relations are about LOVE right?

4.5 % remain faithful to their TRUE LOVE after what three years of MARRIAGE.

Homosexual men purposefully infecting younger homosexual men with AIDS and other STD/STI?

this is LOVE.

The average length of homosexual relationship is six months?

THIS IS LOVE????

This is the kind of stuff that makes me vomit.

I am writing a letter to the pastor of the church thanking him for standing firm on his convictions.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I attended a small church for many years. they tried hard to portray the image of being loving and accepting..
till you went along with a group of them for dinner after sunday church service!
Then well they would start with the legalese and doctrines. Everything from which is the correct method of baptism? what should be said? Is it the name of the father son and holy ghost or is in the name of jesus acceptable..
after awhile you kind of get the impression that they really weren't that loving and accepting. My husband was the first to leave the church and I really don't know why he did. I continued on awhile longer even though my husband would have preferred I stay home. Then one day I heard one lady tell the other
"Well if her husband doesn't want her to come to church she shouldn't be here."
so I Ieft the church. I don't really think they were talking about me but that didn't matter. The message was clear to me. Salvation and God is open to women...as long as the man wants it to be!

the members probably still go knocking on doors inviting women to their church but well I do wonder why?? shouldn't they be talking to the husbands first and asking them for permission to talk to their wives!

edit on 14-8-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

really, and homosexual relations are about LOVE right?

4.5 % remain faithful to their TRUE LOVE after what three years of MARRIAGE.

Homosexual men purposefully infecting younger homosexual men with AIDS and other STD/STI?

this is LOVE.

The average length of homosexual relationship is six months?

THIS IS LOVE????

This is the kind of stuff that makes me vomit.

I am writing a letter to the pastor of the church thanking him for standing firm on his convictions.

I'm sure the pastor will appreciate your support. I'm not entirely sure what you're ranting about in the rest of your post, though. I have an inkling that it has to do with what you consider to be love and your version of statistics regarding the break-up of gay marriages.

Incidentally, it doesn't matter what you think love is, or should be and with a heart and soul so full of black hatred, I am glad that is the case.

Well, seeing as gay marriage isn't legal in many places, you're unlikely to get good and reliable statistics - perhaps you might consider supporting the cause so we can get some more reliable information?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

50% of heterosexual marriages end in divorce. You call that true love?

80% of heterosexual marriages involve infidelity at some point in the relationship. You call that true love?

Heterosexual men raping women. Heterosexual college men giving heterosexual college women the "date rape drug", so they can score. You call that love?

Heterosexuals are EVIL - all of 'em!

See, I can do that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join