It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How democracy may be just…another scam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Indeed you notice how America says: “The Iraqis have to figure it out on its own now”

Forgetting that it was AMERICA that destroyed it, THOUGH, UNDER THE LAST PRESIDENT BUSH.

So then we are to absolve AMERICA OF THE DEED BECAUSE AMERICA DID IT THROUGH ANOTHER PRESIDENT? SO AMERICA IS ABSOLVED IN THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION? FREE FROM BLAME BECAUSE IT WAS DONE IN ANOTHER ADMINISTRATION!

I think the word is continuity.

Is this a way to absolve America from its foul deeds?

I think the word is
SCAM!

America the beautiful
Is a con man

America!America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with scamhood
From sea to shining sea!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Freedom sucks. I guess we should've left the iron-fisted dictator in power. At least he kept the radical yahoos pretty much in line, or at least as in line as a despot and his psychopathic sons can keep.

You can have freedom, or you can have order and security, but especially in that middle east quagmire of religious fanatics and ancient tribal animosity, you're not going to get both anytime in the near future.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Better realising now, than not at all. Well done you.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Freedom never works With People with underdeveloped mindset.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I thought Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti destroyed Iraq ?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Freedom sucks. I guess we should've left the iron-fisted dictator in power. At least he kept the radical yahoos pretty much in line, or at least as in line as a despot and his psychopathic sons can keep.

You can have freedom, or you can have order and security, but especially in that middle east quagmire of religious fanatics and ancient tribal animosity, you're not going to get both anytime in the near future.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yup.. Can't wait to get outta here and move to North Korea.

edit on 9-8-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

Very wrong. Developed, under-developed.. Liberty is one thing you are granted from birth.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Know what else sucks? Improperly applied sarcasm. If you REALLY think you're "free" just because you think you want to do what you would be forced to do in a dictatorship anyway, I'll take my statement back.

You can have metaphorical chains, or you can have literal chains, but especially in that Western quagmire of religious fanatics and ancient tribal animosity, you can have both!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

How am I wrong? Even if you're ganted with Liberty is it not not enough to change the mind of someone whos been brainwashed since birth!

Why do you still think muslims still kill each others?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Why does anyone kill another? Because they have the freedom of thought.

Your idea of restricting freedoms in under-developed countries just reeks of a totalitarian mindset.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Forgetting that it was AMERICA that destroyed it, THOUGH, UNDER THE LAST PRESIDENT BUSH.

It goes way further back than that.

After "our" Shah of Iran was deposed and our embassy taken hostage, Saddam was armed to pay Iran back, killing untold numbers on both sides. The money from oil paid to Saddam further corrupted him to keep him in our pocket.

Then we goad him into attacking little Kuwait and used that act as the excuse to invade the whole region where we remain to this day.

Iraq resources are the crown jewels and the American Embassy there is the diamond on top.

If any one wants to understand what the most recent invasion is about and what the US is going back to defend there…

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Perhaps but Iraq and Libya where better off with their former leaders and they at least could keep things under control + they where cool guys, meaning you could make comic figures from them etc..

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No your wrong, Bush Cheney and all those neocons destroyed Iraq.
Cause and effect is clear. If one wants to be in denial of that well then fantasy has its own issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Interesting comments on freedom…
The thing is though; this “freedom” here in America is an experiment of some sort at best, and a fantasy at worst, since one has to ask: are we really free?
Or has just the leash been extended a bit.

Are kids growing up in a drug and gang infested ghetto really free?

How do I have freedom when the dope I ran into as a teenager just came out of nowhere.

One day I was playing basketball and football and all of a sudden drugs are all over my environment.
Where is the freedom?

Also the post isn’t about freedom since “democracy doesn't define freedom it only defines elections.

Iran has elections

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Oh, "Freedom of thought"?

Did you even read my posts? And I never talked about under-developed countries...

Everyone thinks differently and they have the right to do so! But when you've teached a child to hate on someone or something for a very long period will it effect the person negatively...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well an animal can live in a forest and that's ok (at least when there are not 2 many off them, they get shot off then).
But if I want to live in the forest I will get arrested...

There are so many rules and everything is basicly owned by someone, every piece of land, fences everywhere...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: xuenchen

No your wrong, Bush Cheney and all those neocons destroyed Iraq.
Cause and effect is clear. If one wants to be in denial of that well then fantasy has its own issues.

I thought the Iran-Iraq war (1980-1986) killed 1 million people and cost $1 trillion ?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Iraq resources are the crown jewels and the American Embassy

Bing Go. Yep. That American Embassy.... FORT is a better word. Built with the latest tech and fortifications to be as impregnable an outpost as possible. But if the Iraqi soldiers are in retreat, well then, can't have that fortress falling into the the hands of the other guys now can we.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Under-developed mindset is what you said, and you applied that to an entire region.

I just take offense when someone says freedom is not the answer. May not be perfect, but nothing is.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

if the Iraqi soldiers are in retreat, well then, can't have that fortress falling into the the hands of the other guys now can we.

Yep, thirsty children on a hill be damned. American Interests full speed ahead.

ETA: Sorry T.M., that was the wrong quote from a different reply. All better now…
edit on 9-8-2014 by intrptr because: wrong quote replaced

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join