It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS / SBS to be deployed in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

for the US to have made airstrikes, there would have been men on the ground, probably marines

No this would be a job for JSCO not the Marries.

could easily be Australian SAS or British SAS, as they're the best at it.

Why?

If the Americans want to have FAC's on the ground they would just drop in a few of their own guys to do the job, just works better than way other than having to work through multiple command structures and systems from different militarises.

What gets reported in the papers is a fraction of what they're up to.

True but that still does not mean every time the media say's "SAS deployed to new war zone" that its true.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok, you've lost me, what's JCSM?

And I say marines because it was a naval operation using F/A 18's, only makes sense that it's naval personnel on the ground as support.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Things are getting out of hand, this is the worst scenario almost at the moment

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They likely have been deployed for a while doing borderline "legal" actions.

SAS/SBS are not the best in the world cause they sit on there arses doing nothing.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I would not want to be a member of special forces right now. there has to be guys in SF right now that are just saying f this crap.

this # is bad. these isis guys are the result of 12 years of mutilating iraq

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

And I say marines because it was a naval operation using F/A 18's, only makes sense that it's naval personnel on the ground as support.

Not really, JSOC can use navy air power nothing wrong with that.

and i have no idea what you mean by JCSM, is that part of MARSOC or something?

I suppose that their is some part of MARSOC that could do the job, i just think its more likely that JSOC would take the lead. If you think otherwise that is fine, we will probably never find out anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry, I had a bout of dyslexia, maybe auto correct changed it to JCSM or something..

I was asking you what JSOC meant, as I've never heard of it

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

20 or 30 SAS can do a whole hell of a lot of damage to these filthy rotten isis dogs , especially with air support. I say bravo

boys make em pay for the evil they have committed. A perfect bunch of warriors to say hello to isis with. Fare thee well

brave lads.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Juts to point out that this is the Mirror, so it may not actually be true.

However, it is likely that there is some form of presence on the ground to coordinate airdrops. As the airdrops are coming from the US and the UK, with perhaps France joining in too, there is likely national collaboration.

As to the comments on SAS and SBS just going off and slaughtering IS! That's not what special forces do, but nice sentiments.

Regards
edit on 11/8/2014 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I was asking you what JSOC meant, as I've never heard of it

ah sorry.

JSOC is the United States Joint Special Operations Command they have control over tier one units such as DEVGRU and 1st-SFOD-D, the ISA and 24th Special Tactics Squadron and probably other undisclosed special mission units. They can also call on units from tier two units when needed.

its a branch of SOCOM that has been getting quite a lot of attention in recent years there is loads of literature on it if you want to read up more.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They maybe aren't the best in the world but they don't sit on their arses doing nothing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join