It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS / SBS to be deployed in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...-ZaC2Pwqzb

British special forces teams have deployed to Iraq to help rescue tens of thousands of refugees fleeing the murderous onslaught of Islamic State fighters.

Crack SAS and Special Boat Service operators are helping locate non-Sunni Muslims who have escaped IS - formerly known as ISIS - who are hell-bent on murdering non-believers.

About time. It seems the special forces will be assisting refugees who have been forced to flee, but will also be acting as the boots on the ground in regards to hunting out ISIS and picking out targets.

The Mirror’s military source added: “British special forces will play a crucial role, in getting the RAF’s air drops to the right people and in helping gather intelligence.

I wonder how Isis will react when faced against battle-hardened special forces, as opposed to unarmed villagers and children.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

I wonder how Isis will react when faced against battle-hardened special forces, as opposed to unarmed villagers and children.

ISIS front line fighters already voiced the challenge for the West to not hide behind Fighter Jets or Drone attacks

the 10,000 twitters (from ISIS Jihadists) challenge the West for infantry combat battles, where they will kick-azz....

the info is buried in this info page: www.dailymail.co.uk... s-Obama-launches-airstrikes.html
edit on th31140760611109412014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wondered if they would send the Special Boy Scouts in there, have a couple of old friends in there, I think of them often when things kick off...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I do not believe Special Forces are there for 'rescues' of any kind. In fact, I believe they were deployed long ago, along with various other units and operatives.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Hopefully when the SAS/SBS have saved as many refugees as possible,they will annihilate the ISIS murderers who don't deserve to share the air we breathe IMO.
ISis wish to mutilate all girls most sensitive areas(fgm)-that alone is enough to make me detest them,but they do much worse.
ISIS also kill kids,women and anyone who isn't a rabid sunni whackjob like them.
And they seem to enjoy it.

Let them all burn.
Here's hoping the Spec Ops do just that to them.
Sorry for sounding hateful.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think those special forces are in alot of places around the world doing re-con and Surveillance.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I very much doubt the SF presence in Iraq stopped after the green army pulled out. And I would expect the main role isn't the rescue of civvies but the gathering of intelligence, target acquisition and bringing in the air.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
I think those special forces are in alot of places around the world doing re-con and Surveillance.
most definitely. I just hope they aren't there to pave the way for ground troops to go in again.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh great tell the enemy that we've sent special forces against them....but i'd imagine that most countries have some of their special forces in the region if only confirm that they're getting from other countries

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Oh great tell the enemy that we've sent special forces against them....but i'd imagine that most countries have some of their special forces in the region if only confirm that they're getting from other countries
it looks like its a newspaper release rather than the government. Its a handy psychological message to the enemy. If they are worth anything they would have been on the lookout for foreign operators on the ground anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Although if you look at the bigger picture it could just be the UK trying to show a response to current events.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Send in the SAS and kill every member of ISIS - If they are not stopped they will make Osama Bin Laden look like Mickey Mouse.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't think they will be doing much.

The UK is not wanting to get the military involved in Iraq

My guess would be that these guys are there to ensure that the aid drops fall in the right areas and to gather intelligence regarding any other non-military aid the UK could provide.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They are just there for show...wake up...what good would twenty or thirty specials do in the whole scheme.....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

You are right all of what is going on everywhere is a well organized plan that is very old and those in power push the buttons, when the buttons get sticky they send in the dogs to poke and prod until the desired effect is achieved...

That does not mean the threats are not real just that they will always feed thier greed first...

but yes many diff groups are there some a day after 9/11 and they are each and everyone of them that were inserted the day after 1 man armies deep in the doo doo some will never leave others not until end game is realized...

while im at it know iran and europe are in for dark days indeed...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I don't think they will be doing much.

The UK is not wanting to get the military involved in Iraq

My guess would be that these guys are there to ensure that the aid drops fall in the right areas and to gather intelligence regarding any other non-military aid the UK could provide.

They are likely providing on the ground intel to ensure both non-lethal and lethal aid packages drop on their intended targets..

Forward air control, damage assessment and relief coordination.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

They would already be on the ground.

Well at least, US special forces are, doing recon and tagging targets for the airstrikes.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

They are likely providing on the ground intel to ensure both non-lethal and lethal aid packages drop on their intended targets..

Forward air control, damage assessment and relief coordination.

I would disagree,

The UK governments position is no military assistance other than providing aid.

The Americans will have their own guys on the ground gathering intelligence and directing air power.

The UK just need a few guys on the ground to say "this is where to drop the aid".

In fact, I would actually go as far to doubt that the UKSF are even operating inside Iraq just now, the media are notorious for saying the SAS are being deployed to ever war zone on earth. SAS/SBS sounds cool, it resonates with the public who see men in black and Nick Stone books every time they see the headline and it makes them want to buy that paper to read more. That is why you almost never read about SRR or E-Squadron because the public don't know about them and don't want to read about them.

If i could place a bet on it i really would go as far as saying that this story from the Mirror is utter BS.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't write the possibility of it off so quickly.

These special forces get around more than you think, and are often the first in before any sign of military action has taken place, for the US to have made airstrikes, there would have been men on the ground, probably marines but could easily be Australian SAS or British SAS, as they're the best at it.

What gets reported in the papers is a fraction of what they're up to.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: mr-lizard

you shouldnt be allowed on these forums, your a terrorist

ISIS front line fighters already voiced the challenge for the West to not hide behind Fighter Jets or Drone attacks

the 10,000 twitters (from ISIS Jihadists) challenge the West for infantry combat battles, where they will kick-azz....

the info is buried in this info page: www.dailymail.co.uk... s-Obama-launches-airstrikes.html

ive read your posts

you are clearly an islamic terrorist sympathiser, i have read many of your posts making light or joke of the matter and even defending isis,

why dont you get the hell out of here!

edit on 11-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join