It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas vows no truce until demands are met

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What choice have they got?
The space they live in is constantly shrinking, and they can see that soon they will cease to exist, so what have they got to lose? Nothing!

Give them back the ability to live properly, without fear of being wiped out, and maybe they'll stop throwing the rockets.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Nope. They want to destroy Israel. They've stated it numerous times. The only possibility for peace in the region is the removal of Hamas, which is practically impossible.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeZet

You dont get it. What I am suggesting is giving HAMAS enough rope to hang itself with. If they get everything they want and its publicised and swore to in agreements in the UN and under stipulations HAMAS would lose all support and trust if it broke the deal first.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeZet

Nope. They want to destroy Israel. They've stated it numerous times. The only possibility for peace in the region is the removal of Hamas, which is practically impossible.

If you were forced to live in the same conditions as they are you too might say such things. Maybe if they could live without threat - without walls - without sanctions, they might not say such things.
Give them a standard of life thats worth holding onto and they might not want to fight anymore!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hamas is under the impression that the West desires peace or a cease fire with them...this is wrong. The West desires conclusive military operations that end the show and send it into syndication. Israel and Hamas are just rehashing a tired story line that should have been cancelled years ago.

Why a single structure is still standing in that land is confusing to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Give them a standard of life thats worth holding onto and they might not want to fight anymore!

B.S.
The only thing Hamas wants is Israel gone and they won't stop until that happens.

If the Palestinians want peace then they themselves have to get rid of Hamas that's the only way that Israel will see that the real people want peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

If you were forced to live in the same conditions as they are you too might say such things. Maybe if they could live without threat - without walls - without sanctions, they might not say such things.

Here's my take on the situation. Hamas is never going to end the violence. The Palestinians may want peace, but not gonna happen until Hamas is gone. The Palestinians don't have the weapons or forces necessary to run Hamas out of town. When Israel needs to bolster their military, they call up reserves, many of whom live all over the world. The Palestinians should call for all supporters, be they Palestinian or vehement supporters, to come and help them get out from under Hamas' rule.

If just a small percentage of those who truly believe the situation is as dire as it is represented on here, in the media, and at the protests around the world, this problem could be solved very quickly. Don't forget to send us a postcard.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, I look at it this way....

If a moron with a death wish barricades himself in his home long enough to be surrounded and absurdly outgunned by police, to then run out blazing away with a .38 revolver? We would accurately say he committed suicide by cop. Indeed.

If Hamas has chosen to fight to the end, no matter what, with a first world military holding fully operational domestic production to support them? I guess we can accurately call this suicide by Israeli.

Perhaps..... naww.. It's so far fetched..but... Wouldn't it be something to see the Palestinians who don't share the same death wish help that whole chosen fate thing along for Hamas? I mean there are FAR more of one than the other, and Hamas will get many but can't get everyone before having no one left.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Well, I look at it this way....

If a moron with a death wish barricades himself in his home long enough to be surrounded and absurdly outgunned by police, to then run out blazing away with a .38 revolver? We would accurately say he committed suicide by cop. Indeed.

If Hamas has chosen to fight to the end, no matter what, with a first world military holding fully operational domestic production to support them? I guess we can accurately call this suicide by Israeli.

Perhaps..... naww.. It's so far fetched..but... Wouldn't it be something to see the Palestinians who don't share the same death wish help that whole chosen fate thing along for Hamas? I mean there are FAR more of one than the other, and Hamas will get many but can't get everyone before having no one left.

It may end in suicide by Israel, but it started by a home invasion by Israel.

I'm glad Britain gave Canada independence rather than Israel like the Palestinians suffered. I would be labelled a terrorist for defending my homeland and identity just like the Palestinians are.
edit on 9-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Firsrly, Israel uis constantly encroaching (not peacefully either) on Palestinian land....
How many illegal settlements have sprung out of the land belonging to the Palestinians......
If Israel doesn't stop this genocide soon...I could see the two million arabs that live in Israel rise up to support the Gazans.....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I know how strongly you despise Israel.

Opinion Noted.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I'm glad Britain gave Canada independence rather than Israel like the Palestinians suffered. I would be labelled a terrorist for defending my homeland and identity just like the Palestinians are.

Would you defend your homeland by strapping bombs to your chest and blowing yourself up on a double-decker bus in London? Markets perhaps? Would you kidnap/murder British civilians to further your cause? Would you fire unguided rockets into towns "occupied" by your invasion force? Would you put your kids in the building you are firing rockets from to discourage counter-battery fire?

If the answer to any of the above is "no", then you would not be "defending your homeland and identity just like the Palestinians are." You might instead be an "insurgent" as opposed to a "terrorist".
edit on 9-8-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

Would you defend your homeland by strapping bombs to your chest and blowing yourself up on a double-decker bus in London? Markets perhaps? Would you kidnap/murder British civilians to further your cause? Would you fire unguided rockets into towns "occupied" by your invasion force? Would you put your kids in the building you are firing rockets from to discourage counter-battery fire?

If the answer to any of the above is "no", then you would not be "defending your homeland and identity just like the Palestinians are." You might instead be an "insurgent" as opposed to a "terrorist".

You, me, any Israeli, could never judge what the Palestinians do till you, me and any Israeli went through what they have. You seem to categorise every Muslim in every ME nation, save Israel, as a suicide bomber like depicted in a Hollywood film or other western media.

Xuenchen, a member here has enlightened me on how it may have happened, that you would have such views or that such action would occur. You should read through THIS THREAD posted a few years ago and ask yourself if such tactics could be as useful in the ME today as they were a century ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I know how strongly you despise Israel.

Opinion Noted.

Well I don't hide it. Nor do I work as hard as some to keep my opinion straight down the middle with a slight tilt.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You, me, any Israeli, could never judge what the Palestinians do till you, me and any Israeli went through what they have.

I appreciate your honesty.

Yet, that's wrong. I can firmly state that kidnapping and murdering civilians for any reason is wrong. I can firmly state that blowing up buses filled with men, women and children is wrong. I can firmly state that launching rockets at cities for the purpose of causing civilian casualties is wrong. I can firmly state that putting your children in jeopardy so that your enemy won't shoot back at you is wrong.

That's the problem -- you and those who think similarly don't really believe it is wrong to do what the terrorist organizations are doing. You say, "killing civilians is wrong by anyone, but..." And you list various sins of the Israelis (and those certainly exist).

Yet, the REAL "but" is that you don't really believe it. You just admitted you cannot say it is wrong -- you cannot judge it because you don't believe it is actually wrong. You think it's justified or possibly justified by the circumstances. At least your post was a refreshingly honest one and didn't hide behind the politically correct facade like these sort of posts generally do.

What on earth would you and your ilk say to someone who said, "Noone could never judge what the Israelis do till you, me and any Israeli went through what they have"? Your fangs would come out for sure.

Some things are morally reprehensible and complete indefensible. Blowing up women and children (or even trying to) in an attempt to make a political statement is always wrong.

You seem to categorise every Muslim in every ME nation, save Israel, as a suicide bomber like depicted in a Hollywood film or other western media.

The only thing possibly rivaling your first comment for "wrongness" is this one.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: SkipperJohn
Hamas needs to come out and fight like men and stop hiding behind citizens, schools, ETC. They sure do talk alot of crap don't they?

Yes, they sure do talk a lot of smack. In fact, both sides talk too much. I don't know what all of Hamas' demands are, but I do agree with ending the blockade and opening their ports. That's not unreasonable in my opinion.

Except there is a reason for it ... it seems reasonable until you understand why Israel is doing it.
www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join