It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Guys in the Woods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

www.youtube.com...

So obviously you can make a reality show about anything.
As a producer/director with a small production company; I'm open to ideas for future projects.
I have made "Reality show" trailers in the past for other producers but none of them appealed to the market.

Therefore I open a cyber suggestion box to ATS members........

ANY IDEAS?

If you want to write a proper proposal in industry standard format, use this

www.celtx.com...

WARNING....if you have ideas you might want to personally develop....DONT PUT IT ON THE .WWW
edit on 9-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How about a ghetto version of housewives of 'insert city'.
You could call it 'Bitches in da Hood'.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

How about a ghetto version of housewives of 'insert city'.
You could call it 'Bitches in da Hood'.

Yeah, almost anything with women who have large breasts has an appeal to a certain demographic.
Beer companies would stand in line to advertise on such a show.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I'm not a big fan of reality TV as it's rarely real. But I've wondered why some one hasn't had a Big Brother type show with older singles. You know, "cantankerous and set in their ways" older folk 50 to 60ish. Still spry enough to compete in various events though.

I think that would be funny as hell.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I'm not a big fan of reality TV as it's rarely real. But I've wondered why some one hasn't had a Big Brother type show with older singles. You know, "cantankerous and set in their ways" older folk 50 to 60ish. Still spry enough to compete in various events though.

I think that would be funny as hell.

Well noted and thanks. My people are on it!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

How about a reality show based upon life living/married to a stripper?

Men particularly, have this unrealistic fantasy about the possibilities available to them going to a strip club AND about how the ladies may or may not behave.

It could take a few different perspectives. Follow one whom is married, one who is single, throw in a few different variables such as the temptations of drug use and money........the jealousy involved with having a relationship ie trust issues.

If it has been done, it hasn't been done well!

It would be very interesting.......

Trust me, I could tell some great stories of my experiences. Crazy bunch those dancers are......

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yeah, that's easy; I've got a ringer for you.

You make it about cats. You have one rescue cat (or three) and 18 contestants all vying to see who can get a cat to let the contestant take it home.

Like The Bachelor/ette programs, only with cats, and Lincoln Galaxy as the host.

Done deal.

Your welcome.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I might like "Utopia" as that sounds pretty interesting. I'll be looking at it once it's on HULU.

Another show I think would do well would be a political based show. Find those who are very well set in far-right and far-left beliefs and set them up in a mixed bag (maybe 12 per team) to help some one get elected. Those who are running for office would also have to be a extreme ends with one another as well. In between, there would be competition as well, something along the lines of "Jeopardy" to test their political knowledge, both local and National.

Much hooping and hollering, wailing and gnashing of teeth would be in abundance I believe.

Election laws though may get in the way of any active campaign sabotage which we all know would happen.

But I think that it could be a learning experience for many watching it. If it were successful, chances are both parties would lose voters due to them declaring another party or just going Independent.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I like it!!! Our problem is that of a very limited budget; barely enough for craft services actually.

Strippers...and Ive known a few, are invariably motivated by money up front. I don't blame them.

The consortium I'm a part of usually works on a deferred payment schedule; that is to say, if the project is
successful then you get a portion of the profits. We either fund the projects ourselves or might float a crowdfunding
campaign such as kickstarter or indygogo. Sometime we take a short trailer to a "pitchfest" to try and raise
some interest in making the project into a marketable product. Even New Media requires money; the life blood
of the entertainment business.

fadeinonline.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yea, very true.....however, the mentality of some of them? The chance to get filmed and possibly get noticed? I know the one I was with would have jumped at the chance to be in a film.

I was also thinking about the stigma attached to the children of women in this career.

Try finding a "play date" for them when parents realize what mom does for a living! Now the men LOVE it!

Anyhow, I have thought of this many times while watching some of these ridiculous reality shows and when I saw your thread and what you do for a living, I thought I would just throw it out there for you! It's not like I will ever make money off of it, so why not someone else?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sweet, I'll play!

I'm pitching "The Whole Hog" and 'tis a winner....

So contestants face off and each has a live pig, which they have to devour in it's entirety before any one else to win - skin, bones, bunghole, the lot.

They start with no tools at all so it will appeal to the survivalist and primitive skills audience for fire starting and improvised tools/slaughtering weapons skills, but of course the pig is also organic and can be eaten raw so that's the organic/macrobiotic peeps accommodated for as well.

There is the all important bacon appeal by the bucket load, folks who want to feel that they are offending those pesky Muslims will feel all warm and loved and militant vegans and such could be included by allowing them to defecate etc in front of those evil meat eaters In the hope of putting them off. For a more family friendly alternative, they could berate the contestants with left wing ideology while sporting the most hipsterish of garb - this is naturally rage inducing to many bacon cultists and may even be taking things a step too far. I shall leave it up to the producers to decide which option is more humane.

I have not figured out a prize yet, maybe free top-notch treatment for a stomach infection and surgery to remove bone splinters from one's exit hole.

Seriously, I think I have won this already.
edit on 9-8-2014 by skalla because: Typos

edit on 9-8-2014 by skalla because: Refined my magnum opus

edit on 9-8-2014 by skalla because: Meh

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Crap.
I just saw your disclaimer at the bottom of the OP.
I was planning on retiring early with the residuals from 'Bitches in da Hood'.
Just when did you add the disclaimer?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
or a backstage view of strippers,like in the dressing room! Aside from some fun for the viewers,you get the whining and drama between the dancers.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
"Reality Hunt"

Two groups of hunters with 3 people in each group have to split up and hunt down the people in other "reality" shows.

Once hunted and found they will shave the targets heads, cover their whole bodies with permanent marker and beat the crap out of them. Each team gets 10 points for each "star" they capture.

Each team will get 1000 points for each producer of the reality show that get the same treatment.

I hate all the shows and there is no "reality" in any of them. I remember when the closest thing to a reality show was Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and other animal shows.

I guess I just don't understand why people watch them. Is your life is so boring that you have to live through others?
What I have seen from commercials it's not even funny, it's just sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There are so many people these days who think they can tell everyone else how to really live life better. How about Perfect Society - a show where you take a random group of people who all think they can design the perfect Utopia and give them the tools for setting it up in an isolated community somewhere. Film their struggles for an extended period of time (a year?). Then air the ensuing hijinks as everyone realizes that it's all much easier on paper than it is in reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Not entirely sure why (maybe because they were fellow Oregonians) but I watched every episode of Little People Big World when it was on. I loved watching Matt Roloff try to manage all his crazy projects without making his wife angry, and the property they had was awesome.

I will not watch Fat Guys in the Woods ever.
edit on 9-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: fooopa!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There are so many people these days who think they can tell everyone else how to really live life better. How about Perfect Society - a show where you take a random group of people who all think they can design the perfect Utopia and give them the tools for setting it up in an isolated community somewhere. Film their struggles for an extended period of time (a year?). Then air the ensuing hijinks as everyone realizes that it's all much easier on paper than it is in reality.

Verry interesting. This sort of sounds like a "Reality" show I worked on back in o6. It was actually, scripted, rehearsed, coached, directed and produced. Totally bogus...

www.youtube.com...

Thanks everyone for your contributions....keepem coming you're not limited to just one.

edit on 9-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Crap.
I just saw your disclaimer at the bottom of the OP.
I was planning on retiring early with the residuals from 'Bitches in da Hood'.
Just when did you add the disclaimer?

Sorry bout that....write it up...if "Fat Guys" can make it, I see no reason why yours wouldn't work.

Could we spice the title up a bit? How about "Hood Rat Bitches in the House of Shame"

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

That almost sounds like Bill Hicks' idea for his show...except replace Billy Ray with Miley

graphic language ahead!

new topics

top topics

join