It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized Community Defense Is America’s Last Hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Organized Community Defense Is America’s Last Hope

from link..

Not long ago, I felt compelled to address the idea of self defense as a moral imperative in an article titled “Violence In The Face Of Tyranny Is Often Necessary.” My intention was to perhaps undo some of the propaganda conditioning that Americans have suffered over the decades that has taught them that “all” forms of violent action are “immoral”, including the defense of one’s person, one’s property, and one’s freedom.

The recent uprising at Bundy Ranch in Bunkerville, Nev., confirmed my predictions that many Americans are tired of playing by rules chartered by the establishment and are ready to take measures outside of the boundaries set by the system. The reality is that change will never come without consequence and cost, and when faced with an entrenched tyranny, if the citizenry cannot present the threat of physical consequence to their oppressors, the oppressors have no motivation to relinquish power.

To use the schoolyard analogy yet again, it is a fact of life that the class bully will not leave a victim in peace because he is enthralled with the feeling of power over others. The bully will not stop because he has no incentive. Protesting only encourages him. Using the system as a shield only amuses him. Logic and reason only anger him. Punching the bully in the teeth is the only incentive he will respect. If you show that you can disrupt a tyrant’s abuse of power anytime you wish, if you show that you can hurt him back, only then will he take you seriously.

I pretty much agree with this. People have to understand no one can protect you and your family but you. When someone is kicking in your door at 2 am to rob or hurt you make all the calls you want but they will get there after the fact. u know the saying when seconds count the police are minuets sometimes hours away.People have the right defend them selfs and need to take a stand and push back no matter how big the bully is.Perfect example was the Bundy ranch weather you agree with him or not it proved 1 thing we can push back against the feds/government they don't want to wake up the bees nest so to speak. Their are millions of like minded Americans and given a good enough reason we will stand and fight..

edit on 9-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Fixed URL Link

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8
Maybe if there were an organization that could "police the police", that would be a start.
I think I would google "police the police" and see what comes up.
Thugs and bullies only understand pain.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Personally I think we (the US) should have local organized military that are Seperate from the US Military complex. That train, have bases, are a seperate run establishment from the Government, To keep the Government in check. Im not talking about local militias either, but well trained, funded, and organized through the actual citizens. Citizen Army

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why are you all so paranoid and insecure?

You are creatying the world you so often complain about.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Yep.
Cops don't beat people to death for traffic violations. They don't shoot unarmed citizens.
It is all just a product of our fertile paranoid minds.

Better Google search 'cops shoot unarmed man' there bud.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Don't feed them please.
With all of the daily overwhelming not evidence but proof, this persons intent is more than known.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The problem is not just the cops, it is systemic. You can't hold the people in power to the same standards as the citizen because "you can't fight city hall".

If you go after corrupt individuals, there are plenty of people in power to cover their butts. If they do pursue justice on behalf of the people, it is only to throw a fall guy to the dogs and make the public feel like they are doing their jobs.

Just remember, they use the laws to their advantage or they ignore them or change them to suit their agenda. You can't fight that without money, power and connections and if you have those, you are one of them to begin with and won't rock the boat.

edit on 9-8-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 9-8-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: another typo

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Personally I think we (the US) should have local organized military that are Seperate from the US Military complex. That train, have bases, are a seperate run establishment from the Government, To keep the Government in check. Im not talking about local militias either, but well trained, funded, and organized through the actual citizens. Citizen Army

How much are you willing to contribute to the effort? I'll set up a paypal account for you to make your monthly payments to....

sound good?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yep.
Cops don't beat people to death for traffic violations. They don't shoot unarmed citizens.
It is all just a product of our fertile paranoid minds.

Better Google search 'cops shoot unarmed man' there bud.

1. I am not your "bud" but thanks for the sentiment.

2. Those cops are your fathers, your husbands, your sons, your brothers etc. And yet you decide to join them by taking up arms and joining their ego fest rather than tackle the problem at the root.
You are no better if you are part of the problem you seek to eradicate.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ok.... BUD.

I grew up with cops. I still have them in my family.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hey bud,
they may be fathers, sons, and brothers but the day they decided to use their given authority to exercise authoritarianism and excessive violence on their fellow countrymen, they became traitors to the United States Constitution

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Ok.... BUD.

So what are you going to do about them?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Completely agreed with the OP!

I think the most important element is a sense of community, where the strong protect the weak...while I'm not a personal advocate of violence or weaponry, I am happy I am surrounded by a beautiful "warrior class" in the local arena who aren't afraid to kick ass if push comes to shove in a overbearing tyrannical situation, and I'll happily join in and defend those under my wing as well in a manner consistent with my personal methodology.

It's really more about a balanced and inclusive community than an all out war on real or perceived authority around here....it might be more chaotic in a major city, but I hope neighborhoods there have a similar ideology. The most important thing is not to over-react and over-generalize all of "TPTB" by one broad brush....there are good people out there in all walks of life, watching out for their fellow citizens.

edit on 8/9/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting/clarity

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Ok.... BUD.

So what are you going to do about them?

Did you read my original post?
I think your knee jerked.
I addressed your contention that people are paranoid for thinking that police are bad.
Now you are urging me to become a cop killer?

Troll much?

new topics

top topics

join