It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented: German General Appointed Chief of Staff of US Army Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

The German general, should be tried for treason.

A german general being part of the US army, is like a jew joining the SS.

edit on 9/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

originally posted by: pennydrops
Easy solution,

Get out of Europe, saves your tax dollars, saves EU tax dollars (cost us money to have you there....disgusting as Im sure you would agree if the roles were reversed).

Everyone is happy (apart from the US govt, but really, who gives a damn about them?

US army EUROPE????? what the chuff is that? We have our own army thanks. The US really needs to get its troops out of other countries. I know the govts agree to this but the people here just grow a hatred for it. Not good for EU and US relations at a people level.

I so wish we would just bring all our guys home, and GTFO of other folks lands.
We(the US) have no business keeping a standing ARMY for geopolitical propoganda or force projection needs in any other country on earth.

We have by far the biggest, most powerful Navy ever assembled. If we needed to bring war to any corner of the globe, we could do so.

I say we bring all our guys home, and let the rest of you guys sort out your differences on your own.

Just my 2 cents, ignoring it is probably the best option. I am nobody to decide these things for entire continents and countries.

I totally agree, the US is serving no purpose at all in the EU. They are not doing anything apart from costing us (EU) and you (US) taxpayers hard earned money.
We dont need you, you dont do anything anyway, so what is the point????

Not to mention all the crap the local residents near the bases have to put up with.
edit on 9-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Easy solution,

Get out of Europe, saves your tax dollars, saves EU tax dollars (cost us money to have you there....disgusting as Im sure you would agree if the roles were reversed).

Everyone is happy (apart from the US govt, but really, who gives a damn about them?

US army EUROPE????? what the chuff is that? We have our own army thanks. The US really needs to get its troops out of other countries. I know the govts agree to this but the people here just grow a hatred for it. Not good for EU and US relations at a people level.

We(the US) have no business keeping a standing ARMY for geopolitical propoganda or force projection needs in any other country on earth.

We have by far the biggest, most powerful Navy ever assembled. If we needed to bring war to any corner of the globe, we could do so.

I say we bring all our guys home, and let the rest of you guys sort out your differences on your own.

Just my 2 cents, ignoring it is probably the best option. I am nobody to decide these things for entire continents and countries.

I totally agree, the US is serving no purpose at all in the EU. They are not doing anything apart from costing us (EU) and you (US) taxpayers hard earned money.

If someone attacks (Russia) our troops need to be close. Just the threat of US troops is enough to demand caution.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Easy solution,

If someone attacks (Russia) our troops need to be close. Just the threat of US troops is enough to demand caution.

There are many countries in the EU, all with standing armies. We dont need you here all the time. You guys are more at risk from Russia than us. People here dont quite mind Russians as much as you do ( they are our neighbours, and europeans holiday there all the time). Lots of them living here, nice people too, mostly. Im sure the feeling is different in eastern EU but thats a different thread.

You are NOT the world police, that is a role given to you by yourselves. God only knows why our Govts. accept such a massive US presence in the EU, the people hate it. Imagine if as many foreign troops were stationed in the US. You guys would throw a fit.......just like we do.
You have your nukes here, WTF. We are targets for you. I hope you understand the hatred of US presence this causes. No problem with the US people as you have as much control over your govt as we do, which is not much at all.

This is not a dig at the US, just trying to get understanding from the Western EU residents point of view.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Easy solution,

There are many countries in the EU, all with standing armies. We dont need you here all the time. You guys are more at risk from Russia than us. People here dont quite mind Russians as much as you do. Lots of them living here, nice people too.

Russian people are fine, Putin is not. you do realize standing armies are great .. until you run out of ammo. NATO/Europe could not even supply themselves in Libya, how do you think they would fare against a real enemy? Seriously you have no idea how badly you need US armed forces there, much more than we need them there. The best way to avoid conflict is to have a military presence that is too great to mess with, and sorry, the US is the only country with that kind of power. Go ahead, bust your budgets and spend a lot more on your military to actually supply those standing armies, then we can cut our spending, I would love that. Until you beg your government to increase your taxes to do so, stop complaining.

You edited your post so I will address it. You claim no one asked us to be the world police, sorry, that is in fact wrong, YOU asked us to be the world police, and OUR tax dollars have been spent doing it.

Make your government step up and make the TOUGH decisions. Until that happens we are stuck in the situation we are in. Do I want America to police the world? NOPE. The inaction of Europe and their reluctance to make any decisions whatsoever unless forced to do so is why we are still in the same position we were in 70 years ago.
edit on 9-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Take your concerns elsewhere ... and your fight with the Russians.

Sooner or later, we'll throw your troops out ... I suggest you have them leave, before that happens.

edit on 9/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Sooner or later, we'll throw your troops out ... I suggest you have them leave, before that happens.

Ooohhh scary. Who saved Europe's ass multiple times already? Who will be there to do it again next time?

I have no concern, nor a fight with Russia, Russia only picks on those it can actually beat, like Eastern European countries.

When Europe engaged Libya and it ran out of ammo in a week who did they ask to support them? That's right. How about you take your drivel elsewhere. Get your government to fund their military and grow a backbone.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Easy solution,

There are many countries in the EU, all with standing armies. We dont need you here all the time. You guys are more at risk from Russia than us. People here dont quite mind Russians as much as you do. Lots of them living here, nice people too.

Russian people are fine, Putin is not. you do realize standing armies are great .. until you run out of ammo. NATO/Europe could not even supply themselves in Libya, how do you think they would fare against a real enemy? Seriously you have no idea how badly you need US armed forces there, much more than we need them there. The best way to avoid conflict is to have a military presence that is too great to mess with, and sorry, the US is the only country with that kind of power. Go ahead, bust your budgets and spend a lot more on your military to actually supply those standing armies, then we can cut our spending, I would love that. Until you beg your government to increase your taxes to do so, stop complaining.

You edited your post so I will address it. You claim no one asked us to be the world police, sorry, that is in fact wrong, YOU asked us to be the world police, and OUR tax dollars have been spent doing it.

Make your government step up and make the TOUGH decisions. Until that happens we are stuck in the situation we are in. Do I want America to police the world? NOPE. The inaction of Europe and their reluctance to make any decisions whatsoever unless forced to do so is why we are still in the same position we were in 70 years ago.

I, along with most EU residents respectfully disagree on ALL levels, this is our home, Im sure you would agree when I say, If the people do not want you here, you should not be here.

Why should we have to live by your nukes?? I know for a fact you would NEVER agree to foreign nukes on your soil. This US attitude that the world needs your protection is running very thin, you are making us targets, not protecting us.

We have military, your comments about ammo are not valid. If we had supply problems in Libya Im sure the forces have rectified that one rather quickly. We produce tonnes of ammo in countries all over the EU. That is no justification whatsoever.

As for taxes, I agree, you should leave cos you are costing us too as well as the US taxpayer.

Its not about being ungrateful, we just dont need you or your nukes. If we ever do, we will ask. Just like we would not hesitate to help you if needed.

Would you agree to foreign nukes on your land?? Especially when you have your own already?
I love the american people, we have so much in common. Im not attacking the US, just stating what it feels like to have this over our heads as im sure you would feel the same, do you not understand that?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Easy solution,

I, along with most EU residents respectfully disagree on ALL levels, this is our home, Im sure you would agree when I say, If the people do not want you here, you should not be here.

Why should we have to live by your nukes?? I know for a fact you would NEVER agree to foreign nukes on your soil. This US attitude that the world needs your protection is running very thin, you are making us targets, not protecting us.

We have military, your comments about ammo are not valid. If we had supply problems in Libya Im sure the forces have rectified that one rather quickly. We produce tonnes of ammo in countries all over the EU. That is no justification whatsoever.

As for taxes, I agree, you should leave cos you are costing us too as well as the US taxpayer.

Its not about being ungrateful, we just dont need you or your nukes. If we ever do, we will ask. Just like we would not hesitate to help you if needed.

Would you agree to foreign nukes on your land??

So now you speak for everyone do you? Must be nice having all that power. How about you SHOW me you have your supply issues ironed it. Sorry, you don't. want to know why? You don't want to spend the money, and because America has the biggest stick in the yard and you are our allies no one will ever mess with you. So you want to NOT spend the money, and still have all the perks. Life doesn't work that way.

How about you show me all the steps your government has taken to be able to defend itself from any threat without US assistance.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Just so we are clear, you would pay MORE in taxes with the US gone, because then your governments would have to actually fund their military's. Right now the US citizens are paying for your protection. Do I like it? Nope. Do I wish it would change? Yep. Am I willing to pay because I view Europe as my brothers, yep again.

The grass is always greener on the other side, maybe you should look into the hidden costs of the US pulling back it's soldiers.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Easy solution,

So now you speak for everyone do you? Must be nice having all that power. How about you SHOW me you have your supply issues ironed it. Sorry, you don't. want to know why? You don't want to spend the money, and because America has the biggest stick in the yard and you are our allies no one will ever mess with you. So you want to NOT spend the money, and still have all the perks. Life doesn't work that way.

How about you show me all the steps your government has taken to be able to defend itself from any threat without US assistance.

I speak with people all the time here and get an idea of what the general feeling is. You are a little aggressive. Im just trying get you to put yourself in our shoes to get a greater understanding of how we feel. It obviously doesn't work. Im not argueing with you, just posting my feelings and the general feelings of the local population. I read local press, watch tv documentaries etc. I do have a feel for what the majority here feel about this subject. It is discussed on news programmes a lot, more than you may think. Also the fact we have US nuke silos just 20 km away is a big talking point also.

We have new aircraft carriers, we are updating the trident systems, like most countries, the military is being constantly updated.

The Eu is second only to the US, We are spending plenty of money on our military. More so than Russia.

Eu military expenditure

Please, quit the aggression. This is ATS. We are brothers and sisters.

(post by bjarneorn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Ooohhh scary. Who saved Europe's ass multiple times already? Who will be there to do it again next time?

I have no concern, nor a fight with Russia, Russia only picks on those it can actually beat, like Eastern European countries.

When Europe engaged Libya and it ran out of ammo in a week who did they ask to support them? That's right. How about you take your drivel elsewhere. Get your government to fund their military and grow a backbone.

The Russians saved us in WW2.

They crippled the Nazis on the eastern front, losing millions of lives in the process. The US joined once we were past the worse. This is common knowledge.

jeez.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Easy solution,

I speak with people all the time here and get an idea of what the general feeling is. You are a little aggressive. Im just trying get you to put yourself in our shoes to get a greater understanding of how we feel. It obviously doesn't work. Im not argueing with you, just posting my feelings and the general feelings of the local population. I read local press, watch tv documentaries etc. I do have a feel for what the majority here feel about this subject. It is discussed on news programmes a lot, more than you may think. Also the fact we have US nuke silos just 20 km away is a big talking point also.

We have new aircraft carriers, we are updating the trident systems, like most countries, the military is being constantly updated.

The Eu is second only to the US, We are spending plenty of money on our military. More so than Russia.

Eu military expenditure

Well, you are correct you have been polite, the other poster was fairly rude and I responded to you out of turn. Let me rephrase the question. Do you believe NATO needs bases in Europe?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

[snip]

I have no fight with Libya, in fact ... you can take your lame puppets, who do your bidding in Europe with you.

You never saved us, you only came here to steal patents ... rob people of their gold. Your troops are nothing but common thieves. Your troops are nothing but mass murderers in uniform, defiling people all over the world ... and don't tell me you saved us from the russian threat or the nazis. Hey, the nazis killed 6 million jews, you killed 9 million germans after the war. The only reason your troops are here, is to ensure that your crimes stay hidden.

As I said, take your fight with the Russians elsewhere ... and fight your own wars. Take your lame puppets with you, when you leave.

It's always the same. The yanks have no idea about what really happened here. Saving Private Ryan is historical fact to some of them.. It is this attitude that sets them apart from the rest of us.......in a very negative way. Aggressive and violent. Never able to empathise with others, yet very quick to critiasize others for stuff they do themselves. This is a perfect example. We have an ATS member being very aggressive, but we all know, if the tables were turned, we would not hear the end of it.!

I appologise to the majority of Americans, I know you are not all like this, but I get a little angry when hearing this BS. I do love the majority of you.

edit on 9/8/14 by masqua because: edited incivility

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Easy solution,

This is the jist of it all.

We place US troops in problem zones and beg them to attack our guys so we can destroy them.

It hurts my feelings in some ways, but the peace kept by such idiotic ways is not questionable.
Humanity is always on the verge of of all out WAR, the fact these idiot politicians have kept it all together this long.........we all hate on them a lot but my God man........they havent let us kill everyone yet.

I dont like to praise these scum, but they have saved us many times, from much needless bloodshed.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Easy solution,

This is the jist of it all.

We place US troops in problem zones and beg them to attack our guys so we can destroy them.

It hurts my feelings in some ways, but the peace kept by such idiotic ways is not questionable.
Humanity is always on the verge of of all out WAR, the fact these idiot politicians have kept it all together this long.........we all hate on them a lot but my God man........they havent let us kill everyone yet.

I dont like to praise these scum, but they have saved us many times, from much needless bloodshed.

False. If this was the case we would have troops in Ukraine, or in Georgia years ago. Our current government (since the 90s is my definition of current) has made mistakes of gigantic proportions. That doesn't mean the US or the world is better off with no US presence. It means the US presence needs to be meaningful, and we need actual leaders who are working WITH our allies.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

The Russians saved us in WW2.

They crippled the Nazis on the eastern front, losing millions of lives in the process. The US joined once we were past the worse. This is common knowledge.

jeez.

How incredibly shortsighted you are. Had Russia beat the Germans and Marched all the way through France what do you think Europe would look like today? America DID save you in WW2, you just fail to understand how.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Another American "brainwashed" moron ... go home, take your troops home. Go sing your national anthem and sing to the flag. Go "home" with your drivel ..

I have no fight with Libya, in fact ... you can take your lame puppets, who do your bidding in Europe with you.

You never saved us, you only came here to steal patents ... rob people of their gold. Your troops are nothing but common thieves. Your troops are nothing but mass murderers in uniform, defiling people all over the world ... and don't tell me you saved us from the russian threat or the nazis. Hey, the nazis killed 6 million jews, you killed 9 million germans after the war. The only reason your troops are here, is to ensure that your crimes stay hidden.

As I said, take your fight with the Russians elsewhere ... and fight your own wars. Take your lame puppets with you, when you leave.

It's always the same. The yanks have no idea about what really happened here. Saving Private Ryan is historical fact to some of them.. It is this attitude that sets them apart from the rest of us.......in a very negative way. Aggressive and violent. Never able to empathise with others, yet very quick to critiasize others for stuff they do themselves. This is a perfect example. We have an ATS member being very aggressive, but we all know, if the tables were turned, we would not hear the end of it.!

I appologise to the majority of Americans, I know you are not all like this, but I get a little angry when hearing this BS. I do love the majority of you.

Yes .. I am the aggressive one .... hilarious.

a reply to: BABYBULL24

The German general, should be tried for treason.

A german general being part of the US army, is like a jew joining the SS.

[snip] Go sing your national anthem and sing to the flag.

Sometimes I wonder if people like that are worth the trouble.
edit on 9/8/14 by masqua because: edited incivility in quote

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Easy solution,

Eu military expenditure

Well, you are correct you have been polite, the other poster was fairly rude and I responded to you out of turn. Let me rephrase the question. Do you believe NATO needs bases in Europe?

NATO?, Im talking about specific US military bases and equipment. NATO is another topic altogether. Would you like our nukes near your house?

Just trying to make you see it from our point of view.

Would you like our nukes next to your home?????????

PS, there is no excuse for your attitude. If someone else is being like that with you. Do not respond likewise as that makes you as bad as them.

I will no linger converse with you as I feel you cannot empathise.

Sorry to any other members I may have upset.l I do love Americans, just some of you ( like some of us, and others too) are so full of BS, I blame the movies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join