It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure if Hope is a good thing or not. It was supposed to be the one evil that stayed in Pandora's Box when all the other evils escaped because no one knew if it was evil or not.

Maybe it could be either depending?

I want to think it's a good thing. I don't care if I'm wrong. I need to think it's a good thing.

This video is very inspiring. It is fourteen minutes of people caught on camera performing random acts of kindness. It is a bit of a tear jerker though so it's definitely not fit for work.

This is from Dr Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, one of my favorite Guru's. She really is a breath of fresh air in this world.

ex]Dear Brave Souls: TRUE CALLING. CALLING FOR NOW. CALLING FOREVER. Knowing all the answers [besides being a mathematical improbability] may not be as important as knowing three good eternal questions. One I care for, watch over its eternal flame, is "How?" Not, will I, wont I, can I, cant I... but how. "How will I? How can I?" It has brought me this far, from 'so far down it looked like 'up' to me.' You too, think of your eternal questions that are like a set of oars with one to spare-- for rowing you forward in your meant life-- through the waters you are in now... through to the farther shore you know you are called toward. There's no guarantee there will be success. Only striving. But what is noble? Ask yourself, that the mountaineer stood at the peak waving the flag that would fall to threads in time... or the the struggle up the rock face-- the stories of which stay alive forever... You decide. To each his own. To each her own. In each soul's own way that fits. This comes with love, Dr.e CODA

I love this next video. The poor homeless guy was sat on the pavement when Anonymous turn up and start shouting through a megaphone at passers by to give him money. Well, at least their hearts were in the right place!

This video is just a reminder, I'm sure you have all seen it before. This is Charlie Chaplin giving a very moving speech in the film The Great Dictator.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
OMG I love George Carlin, this man tells it as it is and makes you laugh at the same time. He is definitely in my top three comedians!

I think now more than ever we need a little George Carlin.

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
Malcolm X

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

A lot of truth is said in jest.
Eminem

Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
Swami Vivekananda

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
Galileo Galilei

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is Russel Brand pointing out flaws in the speech of a talking head at Fox news. I don't agree with everything he says but I really like his style.

If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.
Mao Zedong

I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.
Fidel Castro

You can kill a revolutionary but you can never kill the revolution.
Fred Hampton

new topics

join