It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're more likely to be killed by lightning than Hamas rockets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
From simple research,

en.wikipedia.org...

One estimate is that 24,000 people are killed by lightning strikes around the world each year and about 240,000 are injured.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since 2001, Palestinian militants have launched thousands of rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip as part of the continuing Arab–Israeli conflict. As of July 2014 the attacks have killed 28 people,[1] mostly civilians, and injured more than 1900 people,

Yes lightning strikes all over the world, and Palestinian rockets are aimed only at Israel, but the point stands: In 13 years TWENTY-EIGHT deaths is barely 2 per year on average. I guarantee more than 2 people die each year in Israel from DUI's, shootings, car accidents or almost any conventional accidental cause of death.

For all the multiculturalism that Jewish politicians preach and praise in European countries and the US, why can't they lead by example and simply INTEGRATE Gaza? Show some freakin humanity, tear down the walls and checkpoints and treat Gaza as any other part of Israel, help them rebuild and make Israel into ONE nation. The US has many different cultures, colors, races etc, and yes, while it leads to tensions (we have more trans-racial murders every day than Israel does all year), we do manage.

Are Israelis afraid of the home-grown terrorism they would face if Gaza residents were to have freedom of travel across Israel? Well then stop breeding the hatred. No different to how America breeds domestic terrorists. Also do away with the religious symbol on the flag and the whole "Jewish state" thing. Maybe then they can start to have some meaningful change.

Israeli's want to have their cake and eat it too. They espouse the whole 'no religions', 'no borders', multiculturalism-is-good stuff, and then refuse to do it themselves. Biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. And they scream that THEY are under attack???

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Then they should stop firing them off and getting the crap handed to them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So you think Israel should stop defending themselves so that Hamas will have open season. And once Hamas rockets have killed a certain number of people then Israel should defend themselves? How many should die before they respond? And why would you compare this to lightninig? This entire OP makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is a sick thread.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

The idea is just false dude.

Lightning strikes don't aim to kill people, it's a chemical reaction, it just happen. These rockets do get launched to kill... I hope you see the point... Right there.

Just no dude... NO.

edit on 9-8-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This entire OP makes no sense.

It does if you hate Israel even existing, as according to some people they have no right to exist, thus they should not defend themselves against terrorist attacks.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

So you think Israel should stop defending themselves so that Hamas will have open season.

Thats the DOD version, thanks. Funny, all 60 plus IDF died inside Gaza border. How is 'invading' actually 'defending'?

Kind of like the US DOD and its defensive invasions all over the ME?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
So you think Israel should stop defending themselves so that Hamas will have open season. And once Hamas rockets have killed a certain number of people then Israel should defend themselves? How many should die before they respond? And why would you compare this to lightninig? This entire OP makes no sense.

At what point did I say Israel should stop defending itself? Iron Dome supposedly works quite well, so why change?

Or is the IDF ground invasion what you call "defense" ? Funny how something called "Israel DEFENSE force" has launched a huge offensive and killed thousands.

So all you Israeli terrorist lovers:

Are you

A) blind
B) stupid
C) or is it a deliberate twisting of the truth that you are so dedicated to?
D) all of the above

I think you guys are just scared sh|tless because Israel has been outed for what it really is:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

So all you Israeli terrorist lovers:

Zero credibility, thanks for clearing that up
edit on 9-8-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I just wish those were the only two things that could kill me.
I'd be stylin.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

and eveyone knows that if you are an incredibly incompetent would be homicidal bomber you're just a lovable cuddle bucket. and no one should do anything about you. they should just let you go on so that eventually one of your homicidal attempts get through.
)

I dun know if the pro hamas anti-Israel posters here are Middle Eastern Islamic types or if they are far left or far right westerners with terminal recto-cranial inversion. either way; these pro hamas threads are some of the most appallingly stupid vacuous empty headed I. Q. destroying drivel i have ever had the misfortune of exposing my eyes to.

edit on 9-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

and eveyone knows that if you are an incredibly incompetent would be homicidal bomber you just a lovable cuddle bucket. and no one should do anything about you. they should just let you go on so that eventually one of your homicidal attempts get through.
)

I dun know if the pro hamas anti-Israel posters here are Middle Eastern Islamic types or if they are far left or far right westerners with terminal recto-cranial inversion. either way; these pro hamas threads are some of the most appallingly stupid vacuous empty headed I. Q. destroying drivel i have ever had the misfortune of exposing my eyes to.

Very creative and I approve, star for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
False equivalency at best. You could have at least attempted to extrapolate the average lightning strikes in Israel to make your point....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Holy crap the Israeli shills are out in force tonight!!!!

You guys always have the same chants too, it's so obvious you all read from the same hymn sheet.

"Israel's not supposed to protect itself?!?!?!"

LOL same old drivel. If you say it enough times, does it become true???

3,000 Americans killed? Worst terror attack in history.

2,000 Gaza residents killed in "defense" operations? Oh, just Israel 'protecting' itself, nothing to see here.

You guys are PATHETIC.

It's too late for your non-sensical spin, the world has seen your real faces, and the whole world is turning on you.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

now i'm only going to show you this once...

pickeringpost.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i simply can tell the difference between good and evil. it's quite a handy skill to have and sadly it appears to be lacking more and more in these latter days.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
Holy crap the Israeli shills are out in force tonight!!!!

You guys always have the same chants too, it's so obvious you all read from the same hymn sheet.

"Israel's not supposed to protect itself?!?!?!"

LOL same old drivel. If you say it enough times, does it become true???

3,000 Americans killed? Worst terror attack in history.

2,000 Gaza residents killed in "defense" operations? Oh, just Israel 'protecting' itself, nothing to see here.

You guys are PATHETIC.

It's too late for your non-sensical spin, the world has seen your real faces, and the whole world is turning on you.

No, sorry, offensive rockets don't equal win and never will.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy
False equivalency at best. You could have at least attempted to extrapolate the average lightning strikes in Israel to make your point....

I pointed that out in my own post.

I used lightning because it's something commonly compared to when discussing probability. As in, "you're more likely to be struck by lightning than be bitten by a shark"

I actually did try to look up the figures of lightning deaths in israel, but there was no information available.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
did you see the one where the terrorist's failed to remove the suicide vest from one of their fallen jihadis during the funeral procession?...BOOM!
edit on 9-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

i dind't but either way ..LOL...some of them certainly are not the sharpest tools in the shed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join