It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Assemblying Robots! Huge Breakthrough!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I highly suggest watching the video of these origami robots. Imagine self building buildings or vehicles!

This tech will explode after this application of technology. Exponential growth, imo.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: Fixed link

mobile.extremetech.com...
edit on 8-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That wasn't nearly as fantastic as i had hoped.
I imagined a robot building another to a point where the one being built could take over the assembly on it's own.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Thought the same!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't call that "self assembling" but more like "self shaping".

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I agree with all of you, but 3D technology has already been producing some amazing things. This tech will expound upon itself quickly. With the supposed tractor beam recently created, we are on the verge of some huge technological breakthroughs.
Eventually someone will create a machine that can create matter & quickly resolve the world hunger problem.
edit on 9-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: Typo

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Bad news for the Origami Folders Union.
Or would that be Origamists Union?
edit on 9-8-2014 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I agree with all of you, but 3D technology has already been producing some amazing things. This tech will expound upon itself quickly. With the supposed tractor beam recently created, we are on the verge of some huge technological breakthroughs.
Eventually someone will create a machine that can create matter & quickly resolve the world hunger problem.

Well, as you mentioned it! We dont need machines to solve the artificial world hunger problems, we just need to remove a few greedy aholes.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

We already can create matter. Problem is how much energy it takes.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is cool.....breakthroughs seem to come in waves...one giving a boost to several more.....
The growth of this segment of research will expand exponentially like the growth of memory in computing......
The applications are myriad....Ships that build themselves in Bottles......how cool is that......S&F!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is cool.....breakthroughs seem to come in waves...one giving a boost to several more.....
The growth of this segment of research will expand exponentially like the growth of memory in computing......
The applications are myriad....Ships that build themselves in Bottles......how cool is that......S&F!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The thought of robots building robots reminds me far too much of the terminator films and sometimes life imitates fiction lol

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
robots making robots

some day it'll happen

robots have already replaced a lot of assembly jobs

top topics

join