It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter I.D. Law in North Carolina Stands !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I really don't understand why folks ever accuse the wingnuts of being racists ...

Question, is the entire country of Canada racist?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I really don't understand why folks ever accuse the wingnuts of being racists ...

Good point.
And just imagine how far some of our northern neighbors have to travel to get their ID from a government office!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Great news. I find it sad that we have to do something like this to try to ensure legitimate voting, but if it weren't for fraud, it wouldn't have come up.

Step two is getting every other state to follow North Carolina's lead.

Step three is getting rid of the voting machines.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
No voter fraud huh?? Let's look at the evidence! And heads up, just because you do not like the source, does not change the facts!!

There is a video detailing Voter fraud in Ohio:foxnews

dispatch.com

Fox News

And many, many more!!

Pax

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Once again, voter registration fraud is not voter fraud.

I know let's make it illegal to be shot by a gun in order to keep illegal guns out of the hands if criminals, makes as much sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Gryphon66

Here is one case in one county in NC. Just one.

And she had 16 counts against her. I think your source is garbage as is your premise.

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of absentee ballot. After that, realize that the subject under discussion (as Voter ID's have NO EFFECT on absentee ballots) is in-person voter fraud. After that go to your favorite search engine and type any variation of the following "no evidence of voter fraud." Perhaps you'll find a source more to your liking, though, not liking a source doesn't invalidate facts.

Best,

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have made no comments about Canada.

Perhaps if you ask a reasonable question rather than a vague, empty rhetorical one ...?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
No voter fraud huh?? Let's look at the evidence! And heads up, just because you do not like the source, does not change the facts!!

There is a video detailing Voter fraud in Ohio:foxnews

dispatch.com

Fox News

And many, many more!!

Pax

Issues with voting machines are not voter fraud.

That's election fraud and is a completely different issue (and is not addressed at all by the ubiquitous Voter ID solution.)

Let's agree what the topic is here; we're discussing the validated Voter ID law in NC, and associated issues. That's in-person voter fraud, i.e. someone goes and votes more than once by using someone else's identity, etc. That's what the hubbub on the rabid right is supposedly all about, when it is obvious that the goal is disenfranchisement.

Absentee ballots are not the issue (Voter ID has no effect.)

Voting Machines are not the issue (that's election fraud and would not be affected by Voter ID.)

Issues with Voting Rolls and Registration are also not the issue (although that comes closest out of all the crap being thrown against the wall here to being affected by Voter ID) ... but there's no evidence in the Dispatch article that there is or has been any wrong doing and certainly no evidence of VOTER FRAUD (i.e. someone goes in to vote illegitimately and is stopped by the almighty Voter ID) ... in fact, most of the "disqualified" voters simply haven't voted in four years, or have moved away, or some other explanation ... at least, according to the source provided. Bad record keeping on the part of State and Local GOVERNMENTS not individuals.

But then, y'all love you some guvment when it's acting according to your own dictates, right? /eyeroll

Seriously, you guys can see the differences there ... surely?

Are you that desperate that you'll just point at anything and shriek SEE!

edit on 17Sat, 09 Aug 2014 17:09:10 -050014p052014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
How about this...if it is so difficult for a black person to get or have an ID, then does that mean most black people are driving without a license? Which is breaking the law?

Give it up, you've been caught Progs. One of your weapons in winning elections may soon disappear. And that was the ONLY reason you wanted a simple thing like identification to vote. You've again proven what I know...you will lie, cheat and steal to get your way. No law or constitution will stand in your way.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It's not justification enough to limit freedom for speculative danger, if it were true, we would have gun control in this country.

More people die each day because of gun violence than there are cases of actual voter fraud, but you all are ready to limit that freedom unconstitutionaly for the very rare instance.

But no gun control?

Where in the constitution does it say you need a paper to vote?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'd think the lefties would be gleeful for this.

Many on the right say that voter fraud gets progressives elected.

With voter ID, the righties would have no argument then.

The progressives could just laugh and laugh.

As usual, your terminology is muddled.

Are "the lefties" also "the progressives" also "the liberals" also "the Democrats"?

As opposed to what "The Only Honest and True American Party of Freedom, Justice and God's Will" aka the Republicans?

No "independents" in there? How 'bout the "moderates"?

Gotta pick a side, right? Red Hats Good, Blue Hats Bad?

Notice above, the reality of 34 states requiring Voter ID in one form or another ... so that "problem" is solved.

What next? Literacy tests? Need to own property to vote? Or should we just let the State Houses decide everything?

We ALL KNOW how honest local politics are, amirite?

Well, this independent 100% agrees with voter ID laws.

It's just common sense. Prove who you are, then you can vote.

Plain. Simple.

Yes VALID free Basic ID's should be provided in any state with Voter ID laws. BUT, it is the citizen's responsibility to go get one. It's the 21st century, there are multiple modes of transportation to choose from. Even free services. No excuses.

It is not Government's role to coddle you, just give you the opportunity to voice your opinion and vote.

And as far as property owner votes, yes in some instances you should be a property owner in order to vote. Any kind of issue that pertains to property taxes for instance. Why should someone who doesn't own land be able to vote on that? It's common sense again.

edit on 9-8-2014 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Right next to the requirement to show papers to buy a gun?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

The 15th Amendment refers to "Citizens" voting.

So laws can be passed as long as nothing "unConstitutional" is done.

All subject to challenges.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Yes VALID free Basic ID's should be provided in any state with Voter ID laws. BUT, it is the citizen's responsibility to go get one. It's the 21st century, there are multiple modes of transportation to choose from. Even free services. No excuses.

It is not Government's role to coddle you, just give you the opportunity to voice your opinion and vote.

If the ID and the entire process of getting one are absolutely free and reasonable accommodations are made to insure that every citizen who wants an ID can get one, then requiring a Voter ID to vote isn't a Poll Tax. Reading back, that is the only comment I have made about the matter. Well, that and the fact that there has never, ever been any evidence of any nationally significant, in-person, voter fraud in this country ... so all the Voter ID harangue, simply, logically is not primarily directed at stopping voter fraud because it is obvious that is not happening.

What is it directed at? That's a matter of personal opinion. See above.

And as far as property owner votes, yes in some instances you should be a property owner in order to vote. Any kind of issue that pertains to property taxes for instance. Why should someone who doesn't own land be able to vote on that? It's common sense again.

Common sense, eh? So you'd agree then that only women should vote regarding the rights and limitations on the choice to end pregnancy, since only a woman can get pregnant? Gays and Lesbians should be the only ones to vote on marriage equality, because they are the only ones affected by the lack thereof? Should we only let felons vote on jail terms and criminal penalties because they are the only ones directly affected by jail and penalties?

Ad absurdum, I know ... but do you see the folly of your "common sense" approach?

The history of America disagrees with you. In America the fundamental right to vote, to participate in our government, is a matter of equality, that all citizens can vote, and actually, it IS the role of government to facilitate that process for ALL citizens, not the other way around.

One might remember the days when the government was considered to be the servant of the People, not our masters.
edit on 21Sat, 09 Aug 2014 21:00:28 -050014p092014866 by Gryphon66 because: Gilding the lily

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

*snip*

Give it up, you've been caught Progs. One of your weapons in winning elections may soon disappear. And that was the ONLY reason you wanted a simple thing like identification to vote. You've again proven what I know...you will lie, cheat and steal to get your way. No law or constitution will stand in your way.

I realize that this will make no difference to you, but, there aren't just two kinds of people in the world, it isn't just Republicans and Democrats, or "cons" and "progs" or any other false dichotomous variation of "US and THEM."

You're talking about your fellow American citizens, not your enemy, citizens who have the same right to participate in the political process as you do.. So what if they have different political beliefs? That's how our system has always worked. I realize that we've all been programmed 24/7 for the last decade or so to believe that there can only two sides and that you have to be either "for US or AGAINST US" but really, in the real world ... it just isn't like that.

Most of us whether liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, what ever THIS OR THAT you want to name ... are just regular people, taking care of our families, living our lives.

It is quite simply delusional to believe that a) all liberals/Democrats/Progressives are cheaters and even more importantly b) that in-person voter fraud has ever had any effect whatsoever on any national election when every study, every investigation, even by the GW BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT found virtually no evidence of said fraud anywhere they looked ... and they looked for FIVE YEARS.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
DOUBLE.
edit on 20Sat, 09 Aug 2014 20:58:11 -050014p082014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The "progressive" insult is a quintessential example of the conservative echo chamber at work. Most of them have no idea what it means. All they know is that it goes against whatever rabid and ingrained belief they have so therefore progressive=evil

The word progressive has been blasted around the echo chamber so much that now it has become their go to insult.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is a good thing. We should know who is voting...especially now with all the undocumented criminals coming into our country.

As a NC resident I couldn't care either way. Elections are nothing more than dog and pony shows, even at the state level. Winners don't matter.

The belief that voting is some how going to change the course of self-destruction that this steam rolling behemoth is on is utterly ludicrous.

Regardless of the voting issue, still happy to see Holder get knocked down in court.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This is a good thing. We should know who is voting...especially now with all the undocumented criminals coming into our country.

I disagree.
Nowhere in the constitution does it say you must provide a photo ID to Vote, only that you be a citizen. There are lots of other ways to prove citizenship. This Photo stuff is just another excuse to require compliance with the Real ID, and facial recognition tracking databases. The Voters ID is the only remaining “B-List” identity document that doesn't require a FR photo. Of course this is being sold to the GOP in so far as they believe that the poorer citizens and immigrants, who traditionally vote democrat, are less prone to be able to prove their identity sufficiently to vote. Its a case of “If you can't win fair, win by making sure that the other guys constituents can't vote against you.”

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

I disagree.
Nowhere in the constitution does it say you must provide a photo ID to Vote, only that you be a citizen. There are lots of other ways to prove citizenship. This Photo stuff is just another excuse to require compliance with the Real ID, and facial recognition tracking databases. The Voters ID is the only remaining “B-List” identity document that doesn't require a FR photo. Of course this is being sold to the GOP in so far as they believe that the poorer citizens and immigrants, who traditionally vote democrat, are less prone to be able to prove their identity sufficiently to vote. Its a case of “If you can't win fair, win by making sure that the other guys constituents can't vote against you.”

You know, No Where in The Constitution Does it Require You To Show I. D. To Buy Alcohol ( Beer, Whiskey, My Favorite Rum ) Either, But You Do!

edit on 9-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join