It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter I.D. Law in North Carolina Stands !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are deliberately avoiding my query.

Is it because the progressive movement knows that it is not positive and would not be met favorably with the public?

Is that why you guys have to cheat?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

But by your own "logic", doesn't it make sense to sacrifice a few for the guarantee of actual citizens voting and only voting once?

It's the collective that counts isn't it?

I understand the bitter jealousy.

Confucius say;

-if engine no start, check gas gauge

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I have avoided nothing. Stating for the third time: The Voter ID/Poll Tax is in place in 34 States.

You are the one that admitted that voter fraud exists only in the "impressions" and "beliefs" of the right wingers.

Voter ID, or let's just call it what it is ... the Poll Tax is in place to protect us against a danger that doesn't exist.

Bully.

Why don't you answer a question I've put to you indirectly twice now? Do you favor Literacy Tests?

Should we go back to 1810 or so and only let white male property owners vote?

Do you favor disenfranchising the American People and allowing State politicians to elect the Senate?

Speaking of cheating, you seem to know a lot about it ... so fess up, Mr. Beezzer.

edit on 1Sat, 09 Aug 2014 01:15:55 -050014p012014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Since I'm not white and I don't own property, the whole idea of only white property owners voting kinda sucks to me.

While you state that 34 states do this, why not allow the additional 23 states to do the same?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This is beautiful!

Voter IDs are not free. In most of the 34 states requiring them to address a problem that you yourself admit exists only in "belief" and "impression" after decades of careful search ... the IDs carry a fee.

Well since people can't afford them, guess its a moot point then ....Let's see whom is more likely to be able to afford an ID..Lord knows the citizens can't afford them, certainly not after having their jobs taken by all the illegals!!

So why are you worried that this is somehow injustice? According to your own logic illegals will have no problem getting an id, i mean money shouldn't be a problem .oh but wait....... in order to vote for an American on American soil, You have to be an AMERICAN CITIZEN!!! and requiring an ID kind of leaves those illegals out! Now I see where you're coming from!!

Pax

link   

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

- Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.

- More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.

- 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.

- Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.

link

Arkansas has voter id and it costs $5

The governor was turned away from the polls in May 2014 for not having the id they required in there law.

If your interested research the voter id in Wisconsin and see how in republican areas the DMV offices are open all the time yet in non republican areas they are open part time.

edit on 9-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So ... when you have nothing substantial to say about the issue at hand, and you're caught manipulating or misstating the facts of the matter (as seems to happen every time you and I interact) ... you're just going to throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks?

Please quote any reference by me to "the collective" in anything I've said here. Are you watching too much Star Trek again?

I think you're confusing reality with science fiction.

But, I have to point out, you're overdue to toss in an Alinsky reference ... or maybe Jeremiah Wright ...

You may be tired though. I can wait.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
For interested parties only;

Voter Identification Requirements | Voter ID Laws

First Time Voters

In addition to the laws governing what identification all voters must show at the polls, first time voters may face additional requirements. The federal Help America Vote Act (section 15483(b)(2)(A)) mandates that all states require identification from first-time voters who register to vote by mail and have not provided verification of their identification at the time of registration. The act lists a "current and valid photo identification" or "a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter” as acceptable forms of ID.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Please quote any reference by me to "the collective" in anything I've said here. Are you watching too much Star Trek again?

I was asking the questions !!!

Confucius say;

Over-reaction is not the better part of valor

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Good, let's toss in "the illegals" now! Might as well get the ol' right-winger wagon really rollin'!!!

Or ... we could stick to the topic at hand, which is nominally the court's decision in NC.

Did you have a chance to read it, perchance? As Foxy-Loxy suggested ...

Prime legalese if you like that sort of thing ... Here's a small dose:

As to the remaining provisions, the court finds that even assuming Plaintiffs (the United States) are likely to succeed on the merits, they have not demonstrated they are likely to suffer irreparable harm - a necessary prerequisite for preliminary relief - before trial in the absence of an injunction.

That's the supposed "Big Slap Down" that OP is touting ... of course, when you're okay with misleading titles, pure propagandizing, etc. it's not surprising that we're happy about one bunch of lawyers outmaneuvering another.

Didn't Mr. Beezzer say something about someone cheating?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another response of your inimitable quality posting style!

You don't really get much beyond the cut-and-paste level, do you Foxy?

Anything to say or shall we merely post emoticons back and forth?

Here; I'll give it a try ...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

You mean to tell me a DMV is only opened 2 days a week?? If money is a problem maybe they can sell off their Obama phones!! Stop with this nonsense! Ever heard of where there is a will there is a way!! And yet for you it would be better to have elected officials that were elected by people who cannot even provide identification of who they are or their place of birth?? Whom would rather cheat because they cannot provide the bare minimum!! Is this what you are saying?

Didn't we already do this? I mean Obama and his crazy admin. are in office right?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Voting without id worked since 1776.

The right just doesn't believe in America, GWB didn't believe in the courts so he set up gitmo. The right doesn't believe in the voting process (because they lose?) so they redistrict and bring in voter id. They don't believe that the Obama phones are from GWB......

I'm just not thrilled about giving the government more power over the people, or a party more power over the people.
edit on 9-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Since I'm not white and I don't own property, the whole idea of only white property owners voting kinda sucks to me.

While you state that 34 states do this, why not allow the additional 23 states to do the same?

Ha! An actual answer! Thank you Mr. Beezzer.

LOL ... I see what you're doin' ... you're trying to get me to agree to the famous Mr. Obama-thinks-there's-57-States thingy ... pretty subtle there, Mr. B, pretty subtle.

You won't find anywhere I've said I disagree, personally, with Voter ID. I've only pointed out that it's a Poll Tax and is only one tool in the Republican toolbox to disenfranchise the American people well, really only the aforementioned "undesirables" aka anyone who doesn't vote Republican.

You were the one who brought up cheating, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I'd reply more but right now I'm watching "Oculus" and it is messing with me.

Go vote how ever you want.

I'm going to be busy breaking mirrors and weeing myself!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tencap77
You're Very Welcome and I'm Glad your keyboard is safe

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Good god, paxnatus ... I know you're just throwing any old Righty-Republican geehaw into the pot but jeez

If money is a problem maybe they can sell off their Obama phones!!

Why don't you just roll out Mammy squalling "I don't know nuthin' about givin' no ID Mistah."

I really don't understand why folks ever accuse the wingnuts of being racists ...

/irony

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

A victory for the smaller government crowd.

No not really.

It could be a "victory" for the anti-big-government crowd though.

True Conservatives don't want any "elected" "officials".

Confucius say;

better to fight fire with fire extinguisher

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Why are you watching that crap so (presumably) late?

Might as well go to another site and read /nosleep. LOL

Okay, I'm toddling off to vote (maybe once, maybe twice, who can say?) for my free phone and my 40 acres.

Oh wait, Georgia is an ID State ... CURSES FOILED AGAIN!

Taa.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Why are you watching that crap so (presumably) late?

Might as well go to another site and read /nosleep. LOL

Okay, I'm toddling off to vote (maybe once, maybe twice, who can say?) for my free phone and my 40 acres.

Oh wait, Georgia is an ID State ... CURSES FOILED AGAIN!

Taa.

Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 21-2-417) requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person. This website is just one part of our comprehensive outreach and education program to ensure that citizens are aware of the photo identification requirement. Electronic versions of publications and press releases pertaining to this requirement are available here, as well. If you have questions, need more information or have difficulty getting a FREE Voter Identification Card, you can contact your county registrar’s office or the Secretary of State’s Elections Division at:

Georgia Voter Identification Requirements

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join