It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter I.D. Law in North Carolina Stands !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, you don't believe in having an ID to vote because voter fraud is rarely prosecuted?

Well crap, why are we wasting all this time and money doing firearm background checks then? No ID needed right?

abcnews.go.com...

Since the NICS system was established in November 1998 a total of 160,474,702 background checks were made. Of these, around .006 percent of those attempted purchases were denied and .00008% (fewer than a hundred people a year) were prosecuted for lying on the form.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You believe voter fraud is widespread, you can't prove it but lets pass laws that studies have proved effect voters on the other side of the isle. It's political and ideological because you can't fathom that your side losses, often. Republicans have made it harder for Americans to vote by giving government more power over us.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

How many other states? 1 out of 34 is not a very convincing statistic.

Oh wait ... I'm talking about those silly FACTS again.

Beg pardon; carry on with the glorious truth only available on the Right Wingers table.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Thanks A Lot for posting that cartoon! It's been a long time since I've had the simple pleassure of expelling molten tomato soup through my nostrils, I missed the keyboard if your concerned!
Well Done

I no longer vote. It's POINTLESS. That has been proven, don't you agree? Voting changes ABSOLUTLEY nothing. And since the constitution is officially DEAD, why worry? Chaos can be fun, and it's the natural state of the Universe.
If no one votes, what happens? It's still SSDD! We usually barbecue and get drunk on election day. It's just as constructive an activity and it's better than having to deal with those always pissy election volunteers !

We already know that more than 70% of voting age adults in this country care absolutley NOTHING about the political process, which is good. It means at least 70% of the population is NOT INTERESTED in organized crime, which is just another name for "Feral Government" or as originally introduced "Federal Government"

Voting for democrats and republicans, it's like voting for hitler or pol pot.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So, you don't believe in having an ID to vote because voter fraud is rarely prosecuted?

Can't quote anywhere I said anything even faintly resembling that, can you?

Why?

Because I didn't say anything like that -- not even close

But you keep making claims for me and mixing in other favorite wingnut issues if it makes you feel better.

Let me know if you actually want to discuss facts rather than what you believe.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Between 2000 and 2010, there were:

649 million votes cast in general elections

47,000 UFO sightings

441 Americans killed by lightning

13 credible cases of in-person voter impersonation

OK, what is this for other than saying voter fraud is rarely prosecuted?
edit on 9-8-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So if they convict 10,000 drug offenders, there should be no problems with the "uncaught" ones.

Makes about as much sense as "if the 10,000 green fairies that only I can see voted, it might change the outcome."

Or maybe "how many angels can vote while dancing on the head of a pin?"

The imagination has no limits, does it? Just ask Walt Disney.

The facts: Voter fraud has been proven time after time after time for the last 30 or so years to be so miniscule as to be considered non-existent.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How many other states? 1 out of 34 is not a very convincing statistic.

Oh wait ... I'm talking about those silly FACTS again.

Beg pardon; carry on with the glorious truth only available on the Right Wingers table.

But we are only talking about a court decision involving North Carolina.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just another reason to force an id on you. Want to do your constitutional right? Gonna need to see some papers. I wonder how many gun owners are against needing their ID to purchase a gun but are for this. ... but that is a whole other thread.
And are we really going to sit here and act like only one party commits vote fraud?
Scott walker in Wisconsin anyone?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Thank God there's a court with common sense. Just watch Holder appeal this. (I don't trust our judges. SCOTUS found a way to legitimize Obamacare.)

It's hard to believe any honest person with a functional brain would object to voter ID. Oh, wait....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

1. It's a quote from a linked source. Not authored by me.
2. Because ... it doesn't say what you're saying it says?
a) First I supposedly said it (I didn't) and now the article bit supposedly says it (it doesn't).
b) Do you see the word prosecuted anywhere? No? Know why? It's not there.

Know what else is not there? Voter fraud.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

edit on 0Sat, 09 Aug 2014 00:44:46 -050014p122014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Right. Every post in this thread is obviously discussing NC only. Not.

Too bad not everyone finds you as amusing as you find yourself.

Have you actually read the Court decision ?

You might be surprised.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But we are only talking about a court decision involving North Carolina.

Right. We're only discussing NC here. NOT!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Read it when I read the article framing it in your typical right-winger propaganda.

What's your point?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Call them (you) leftists, progressives, whatever. . .

The point is, the conservative right has been n this issue because of the impression that there is voter fraud.

Now, if I were a progressive leftinista, I would endorse voter ID because it would remove so much teeth and wind from the conservative/tea party/righty/GOP movement, if a progressive got elected.

The ID is free. There ain't no cost. You could crush the conservative movement in one stroke.

Brilliant! Huh?

Why aren't you all doing it?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

What will be the next argument, one wonders ... questioning the competency of anyone not voting Republican?

No, haven't you heard, everyone will be required to pass the TCS...."TEST OF COMMON SENSE"!! Then Justice would be served! Bwahahahahaha!

Pax

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So ... let's just simplify things and categorize everyone not voting a straight Republican ticket as "undesirables" then?

Would that suit?

Voter IDs are not free. In most of the 34 states requiring them to address a problem that you yourself admit exists only in "belief" and "impression" after decades of careful search ... the "free" IDs carry a submerged fee (usually subverted to the cost of acquiring a "Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate" which in the great State of Georgia costs $25.)

But again, your team has won this one, and now, there's a Poll Tax reinstituted in most of the United States of America. You remain strangely quiet on your group's next goal-post ... is it going to be Literacy Tests? Property Tests?

Or are you just going to let the good ol' boys in the State House decide everything?

Power to the People, right?

Pffft.

edit on 1Sat, 09 Aug 2014 01:04:18 -050014p012014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1Sat, 09 Aug 2014 01:05:19 -050014p012014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I would LOVE to see a reliable Test of any Sense at all ... Common or otherwise.

An Honesty Test would be even better.

Maybe those green fairies or the dancing angels will provide one or the other ... but in either case ... I fear there wouldn't be any politicians left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join