It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter I.D. Law in North Carolina Stands !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The U.S. District Court in North Carolina has said *NO* to the Eric Holder Justice Department.

The Justice Department argued against the voter I.D. law.

Details in the story and the Court decision.....

A Federal Court smacked down Eric Holder’s Justice Department today when it refused to block North Carolina’s “controversial” voter ID law. The law, which simply requires voters to bring a valid ID to prove their citizenship, was attacked in a lawsuit brought by the Justice Department last September.

Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch, decscribed the decision as a huge setback to Eric Holder:

“It is an embarrassing defeat for the Holder Justice Department. The court’s decision eviscerates Eric Holder’s politicized and racially inflammatory legal assault on commonsense election integrity measures. The court expressly rejected the Department of Justice’s contention that minorities are harmed by commonsense measures that help secure honest elections. The court’s dramatic rejection of Holder’s legal theory shows that that the DOJ’s lawsuit, which was coordinated with political activists at the White House, was always more about cynical political and racial appeals than upholding the law.”

Breaking: Eric Holder Was Just Slapped Down By Federal Court Over Voter ID

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is a good thing. We should know who is voting...especially now with all the undocumented criminals coming into our country.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yay! A vote for common sense. Dept of (in)Justice will probably appeal it anyway.

Hey I wonder if my CCW counts as a valid form of ID?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is a clear travesty of Election Justice! (I just made that up.)

How can any official, who runs on progressive policies, have any hope to get elected when they are denied Election Justice? (trademark beezzer corp.)

People can't know the truth!

They are stupid! See who they have elected in the past???

That's why Election Justice (buy the t-shirts at beezzer_buymystuff.org) needs to prevail in the world!

And when I say world, I mean "world"!

We elect "global" officials who oversee all forms of issues over many countries. So illegal aliens are actually encouraged (through Election Justice ) to vote!

*Voting stations are now open throughout South America. Don't wait! Vote Now!

(Election Justice remember, you heard it here first!)
edit on 8-8-2014 by beezzer because: spelllig

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is a good thing. We should know who is voting...especially now with all the undocumented criminals coming into our country.

Agree 100%.
This is GREAT!
Hell, we need I. D. for every thing else in life in America, Why not, It Makes Sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What!

How is this possible? Voters should not need ID. It disenfranchises illegal voters and those who want to vote more than once, or busing to vote in a district that is in jeopardy of not being a Democrat win! This is anti - Democratic (Democratic Party that is).

It is every Democrat American's right to vote, vote often, bus in people with you to vote often, and should not need an ID!

This is a travesty of social justice!

What is wrong with people!

(Sarcasm)

I still don't understand how the HuffPo crowd can still argue this point with a straight face. You need ID for EVERYTHING else in this country. But they know the real deal.. whatever it takes to win. To them the result of the win justifies the means.
edit on 8-8-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Between 2000 and 2010, there were:

649 million votes cast in general elections

47,000 UFO sightings

441 Americans killed by lightning

13 credible cases of in-person voter impersonation

Source - Mother Jones (let the source-damning begin)
edit on 23Fri, 08 Aug 2014 23:39:45 -050014p112014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then why is just one political party so afraid of legitimizing votes?

I agree the number of convictions is small.

But I honestly believe that there is wide-spread fraud and that voter ID would eliminate much of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It is every Democrat American's right to vote, vote often, bus in people with you to vote often, and should not need an ID!

a reply to: infolurker
You're absolutely correct, We stomp on their rights to vote as often as they want, in as many districts as they want, we need to keep a stoop'en.

Holder Loves to Sue to keep those Votes coming into the Party.

edit on 9-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A history lesson....

On December 14, 1984, Chief Judge Frank Mc­Garr of the U.S. District Court for the Northern Dis­trict of Illinois publicly released the federal grand jury's report on the 1982 election-only the third time in the history of the court that a grand jury report had been made public. The evidence re­vealed substantial vote fraud in Chicago during the November 2, 1982, election and found "that similar fraudulent activities have occurred prior to 1982."

Where There's Smoke, There's Fire: 100,000 Stolen Votes in Chicago

read the entire article.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Man... you can't believe that!

That Far Right News Organization NBC is saying dead people somehow voted. They Lie!

www.nbcbayarea.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One party is not "afraid" of legitimizing votes.

It is not merely the "number of convictions" but the number of INCIDENCES of voter fraud that are miniscule.

Voter ID laws are in place in 34 states now with more likely on the way.

If that is the solution to a problem that didn't exist except within the "belief" of the right-wing then the problem is solved ...

... that problem that didn't exist despite decades and millions of dollars spent on finding the non-existent problem.

What will be the next argument, one wonders ... questioning the competency of anyone not voting Republican?

Voter ID, gerrymandering, unannounced changes in electoral procedure ... political dirty tricks ... speaking of fear, why are Republicans so afraid to hear the voice of the People?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I remember a day when conservatives were fully against the idea of requiring identification and other types of government tracking/counting...seems things have changed in the last 20ish years..now they are all about requiring ID at the expense of your liberties and civil rights.

I think its a good idea actually..always have. a free ID to everyone..nothing much in it outside of a pic, date of birth, name, and "official citizenship document" and that's about it...no other information ever to be added, no driving, insurance, criminal, or other info.

Glad conservatives have abandoned this idea of freedom from government and used a more logical approach...

(that's gotta hurt)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A victory for the smaller government crowd.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A history lesson....

Where There's Smoke, There's Fire: 100,000 Stolen Votes in Chicago

read the entire article.

Okay, entire article read. Why conflate the 100,000 number (an unfounded ESTIMATE) with the findings of the Grand Jury? You're not intentionally trying to mislead, are you?

Why?

Because, like every other supposed case of "voter fraud" the Big Numbers are made up.

From the article, the actual numbers ...

In its reporting, the Chicago Tribune discovered that the supposed home address of three voters in the 17th Precinct of the 27th Ward was a vacant lot. The paper also discovered that votes had been cast for seven residents of a nursing home who denied having voted-their signatures on the ballot applications were all forgeries

10 possible bad votes out of 3,670,000 votes. Not proven, POSSIBLE.

What's that percentage? 0.00000272% ... something like that?

Yeah. Massive.

(Not.)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'd think the lefties would be gleeful for this.

Many on the right say that voter fraud gets progressives elected.

With voter ID, the righties would have no argument then.

The progressives could just laugh and laugh.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I think its a good idea actually..always have. a free ID to everyone..nothing much in it outside of a pic, date of birth, name, and "official citizenship document" and that's about it...no other information ever to be added, no driving, insurance, criminal, or other info.

Glad conservatives have abandoned this idea of freedom from government and used a more logical approach...

(that's gotta hurt)

If the ID is required for voting, and the ID is not free ... then it's a Poll Tax. Pure. Simple.

Of course, considering that the Right also favors disenfranchising the People and returning the election of Senators to the professional politicians in the State Legislatures ... not to mention limiting the right to vote to property owners ... one is hardly surprised with Poll Taxes.

Look for selective "competency/literacy" tests to be instigated next.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

So if they convict 10,000 drug offenders, there should be no problems with the "uncaught" ones.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If the ID is required for voting, and the ID is not free ... then it's a Poll Tax. Pure. Simple.

DMV offers ID cards for those customers who require a photo ID, but do not require a Driver’s License. There is no fee for a Voter ID card, or if a customer qualifies for another no-fee ID. The cost for a standard Non-operator ID card is $10. An ID can be obtained from any Driver License Office, regardless of where you live.

North Carolina DMV

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'd think the lefties would be gleeful for this.

Many on the right say that voter fraud gets progressives elected.

With voter ID, the righties would have no argument then.

The progressives could just laugh and laugh.

As usual, your terminology is muddled.

Are "the lefties" also "the progressives" also "the liberals" also "the Democrats"?

As opposed to what "The Only Honest and True American Party of Freedom, Justice and God's Will" aka the Republicans?

No "independents" in there? How 'bout the "moderates"?

Gotta pick a side, right? Red Hats Good, Blue Hats Bad?

Notice above, the reality of 34 states requiring Voter ID in one form or another ... so that "problem" is solved.

What next? Literacy tests? Need to own property to vote? Or should we just let the State Houses decide everything?

We ALL KNOW how honest local politics are, amirite?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join