It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visitors From Space - Finnish UFO Documentary from 1992

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

A UFO documentary from 1992, directed by Juhan af Gran. He is quite the eccentric. This documentary is pretty dubious in my opinion. It spins around a lot of early 90's pop ufology memes. Still it has at least one case at lot of you probably haven't heard about right at the beginning.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's a very interesting video, for those who haven't seen it, check out the part starting at the 18 min. mark, especially when the guy starts talking about how they analyzed the photos, I am still watching it but I thought that was pretty impressive.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
thanks i haven't seen it -

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: phantomflier

Here's the video

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FutureThinker
That's a very interesting video, for those who haven't seen it, check out the part starting at the 18 min. mark, especially when the guy starts talking about how they analyzed the photos, I am still watching it but I thought that was pretty impressive.
Peace

Whats impressive about it?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thanks op, watching now.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: phantomflier

The section with Phyliss Van Schlemmer @ 39:07 is great fun to watch. She's clearly telling the truth as she sees it and probably believes her account completely. Her concept of the moon informs her story as she seems to believe that there's no gravity there. This meant she had no cognitive dissonance between the notion of aliens holding her hands to stop her floating away and the unlikelihood of her memory being accurate.

It highlights the intrinsic difficulties of believing contact/encounter stories. Some of my favourite accounts include these alleged close encounters and yet there's no definitive way to separate the liars from the deluded or the truthful.

The video is a new one on me and quite enjoyable as a piece of history. It surprised me that it's from 1990s as it's so 1970s...even down to the theme of friendly visitors. Old Wendelle's in there waxing about the hoaxy Meier case and Virgil Armstrong's cheerfully stating the number of different races that are visiting. Good stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

At imdb there is no record of him producing anything in the 1990's www.imdb.com...

edit on 9-8-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

That makes sense. If the video was a person, it'd be wearing flares and an afro.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: Kandinsky

At imdb there is no record of him producing anything in the 1990's www.imdb.com...

Seems like whoever uploaded was mistaken then. I just took it from the video.

join