It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Travel Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have thought about this for couple of months now, travel somewhere remote
I got the idea when a close friend of mine told me, "Dude do something!" And he was right, I should do something. But the question remained what to do? Then I came across this, Travelling the world without a passport, any tips? by IkNOwSTuff.

I Always wanted to travel the around the world since I was young and wanted to take risks and do it by my own. I have read about people travelling from the USA to Siberia, Russia to all the way to Germany and they have a awesome time, meeting new people and discovering new things.

Things gone very wrong for me and I've had enough! And therefore I will do something similar as IkNOwSTuff! Yeah, it's not original, I know! And why now? I have for 1 year now been sitting on the coach watching TV or on been on the PC watching youtube for how many hours, who knows! It is strange because I do not even like watching TV or being on the internet all day long, but it's better then staring at the wall... If I do this maybe I will change and stop being so lazy...

Sadly it seems like times has changed to much and things can turn out very bad if you are not careful. Damn borders, we are all connected! I want to go somewhere where it's cold... My goal is northern Siberia. And I plan on getting there right before winter starts and Then slowly go back to Norway

My disadvantages:
I sadly cannot speak any Asian Languages... I do understand Japanese, but I guess that is a lost cause.
I get confused very easily.
I look like a Hybrid alien, not Asian looking nor white, or anything. People call me Long face, hahaha...

My adv:
I am short, barely 1,75m. I might blend in with the local population, we all know asians are short...
I am Fairly dark skinned, and can make myself look like a Filipino, I have my ways.

My stats:
Very patient
I can run very fast
Ultra slim body so I can fit anywhere(almost).
I can survive almost 1 month w/o food.
Can manage 4 days on stand-by without water and not hallucinate.
I can mimic voices of 11 year old girls, creepy? Whatever, pft! It might be helpful.

If I meet other foreigners then I think I cam communicate with them. Pretty much can speak English and German very good and I understand all Scandinavian Languages...

I am planning on going from Myanmar(Burma), but which is the best route I do not know...
Option 1. I can go to Sikkim, India and then take traders road route to Tibet, China
Option 2. Go to Kathmandu, Nepal or somewhere near there to then Enter Tibet.

Then I want go to either Mongolia or Kasakhstan after spending some time in China.
After being in Sibera I plan on going back to Norway. Let's hope no Polar bear wants to eat me, k?

My disadvantages:
I sadly cannot speak any Asian Languages... I do understand Japanese, but I guess that is a lost cause.
I get confused very easily.
I look like a Hybrid alien, not Asian looking nor white, or anything. People call my Long face, hahaha...

My adv:
I am short, 1,75m
Fairly dark skinned, and can make myself look like a Filipino.

My stats:
Very patient
I can run very fast
Ultra slim body so I can fit anywhere(almost).
I can survive almost 1 month w/o solid foods and I've managed 1 week with just 7 dl of water...
I can handle the cold. Two years ago I jumped in a lake naked and it was in January, it was like -30 or -35
I can mimic voices of 11 year old girls, creepy? Whatever, pft! It might be helpful.

If I meet other foreigners then I think I cam communicate with them. Pretty much can speak English and German very good and I understand all Scandinavian Languages...

I plan on doing this sometime this month, I will just take bunch of cash, but only use when I need it! I plan on doing Part-Time to pay for for a place to stay somewhere.

Any tips or advice you guys want to give me? And if anyone has done something similar than it'd be nice if you could give your insight to it and what hardships you had to face.

edit on 8 8 2014 by elixz because: correction

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Be prepared for a very long stay in prison when you get caught in an asian country without a passport and valid visa . Unlike western countries illegals dont get mollycoddled. Prison is if your lucky some places like myanmar .. cambodia .. laos you may just end up shot instead ..

Also being a foriegner in an asian prison both guards and inmates will make your life a living hell.

Dont be an idiot get a passport and proper visas for the countries you want to visit.

Definetly do not try that in japan gaijin dont last long in japanese jails.
edit on 8/8/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

Punkadelic, why not?
But you need a car, unless you are really crazy.
I wouldn't do it without a car anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've been to most of the countries you plan to visit and I can assure you, you ain't getting in without a passport whether you blend in or not. I didn't read the post you referred to but traveling in any country on this side of the world with wads of cash and no passport is asking for trouble. My two cents...good luck if you attempt it though.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a great adventure... the results could be life changing in both a good way, bad way, or a bit of both. These days with the heightened security around the world, the days of wild west travel is not going to be quite the same.

Get a passport, and do it the right way...

Trivago can help you find the perfect imprisonment facility, at the perfect price. Select your cellmate, and length of stay in years without being charged... Search, and click!

On a serious note... if you are going to travel, get a Canadian flag patch on your gear where it is easy to see. We have so many folks from everywhere in the world, most people are just happy to tell us that they know someone from Canada. When they ask if you know Dimitri in Toronto, cheerfully say "Yes!... He lives 2 igloos down from me!"
Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Good advice on the Canadian flage, when people I don't know in Russia ask me where I am from (unless I am drunk) my reply is "Canada, eh?" When a little too drunk the Texan in me comes out...

a reply to: justnotnormal

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I plan on walking all the way, taking car is too easy... And I am entering like 4-5 countries, I surely would need a lot more then just a visa to enter.

I think if I went on this adventure my life could change to something else more desireable.

Well if rute through asia doesn't work then I Guess I will start from Far east Siberia, maybe that might work better? But I want to enjoy my travel and see how I can meet different People. If I pick Sibera then it'll only be Russians I guesss...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello again guys

If i get caught by the authorities can I file for let's say assylum? Is that possible in countries such as India, nepal, China or even Japan?

I suspect if I made a excuse by saying I am stateless or try to sound as Asian as possible might make the guys less suspicious? I just want a adventure! I do not plan on getting caught to be honet, I just want to se what happens a long the way. If worst comes to worst I hope I will at least enjoy the time.

But if I get caught I assume I can try to file a assylum permit or something? I will just say I am stateless and I have no relatives? Who knows that might work... What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

By the sounds of it... You are not looking to travel, you just want to have dangerous stories to share. Perhaps a trip to Deroit after midnight would be cheaper, and would surly give you some adventurous stories to share... Just saying.

new topics

top topics

join