It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania Breaking News-Innocent people sent to jail ,TV news channel almost shutted down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

Ok. I see that you gracefully deflect and go around answering the question I posted.

LE: Do you have any other arguments apart from those put forward by A3, arguments that you simply repeat them to try to give them some sort of legitimacy ?!
edit on Sat0000003122014 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

There will be a big protest tommorow in Bucharest.Right now,the leader of romanian military (or something like that) said that tommorow 10.000 disponibilized soldiers will be in this protest

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Almost every question I asked you haven't gave a response

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Who, Dogaru ? You make me laugh, the only thing Dogaru leads are a pair of retired army personnel with no other purpose than to support Voiculescu/A3/PSD's actions that would give them back their HUGE benefits gained on no other basis than offering their support to whoever benefitted them.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaulTheDuke

Ok. So just a handful of people you know.

OMG!! 7.4 billion said YES to the demision of this president and you say just a couple.About the referendum in 2012,how in the world in a 19 billion people country there are 18 billion which can vote?It was prooved that they included dead people in the list in order to not reach the valid limit.

How big is Romania? With 19 billion people it must be awfully crowded.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

billion = miliard.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Whatever....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Respect.............

There is no place for personal attacks and bickering on ATS.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

Should it continue, temporary posting bans may be applied.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

ETA
Do NOT reply to this post

edit on Sat Aug 9 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You are absolutely right and I have to admit that I went too far.....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm the type that reads threads before responding...I'm through the whole two pages and so far I'm reading a bunch of claims with nothing to back them up. Not a single link to be found, other than a mod reminding everyone to be respectful.

Awesome thread

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It is nice for a change for the political bickering to be neither GOP/Dem or Arab/Jew.

Give us here at ATS some links, background info, etc. so we can form an educated perspective and I for one will get on board.

Looking forward to you posting some pics from the protests. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The links are in romanian....I haven't found any english translated article about this.I am sorry and I know that I should have been used links.
RIght now I am also busy and I will try to get a deep search on the internet as soon as I can
edit on 9-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaulTheDuke
a reply to: abe froman

The links are in romanian....I haven't found any english translated article about this.I am sorry and I know that I should have been used links.
RIght now I am also busy and I will try to get a deep search on the internet as soon as I can

We all have access to translators online, no need to find an English article.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's a matter of time...what's up with all these countries going batpoop crazy???

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Oh man, enough BS. He's not a victim, he's a thief and liar and I'm glad this trial finally finished.

That Voiculescu dude got convicted for money laundering and accomplice to money laundering. He was one of Ceausescu's henchmen before Commies were thrown from power in December 1989. Romania was so isolated back then, that you would really have to be a big shot and gain Ceausescu's trust to get in the position Voiculescu was. He was manager of a company dealing with export of Romanian building materials all over the world. Come the street movements in December 1989, Voiculescu "forgot" to wire money for exports already finished. So in January 1990 he had somewhere between 150 to 300 million dollars in money stolen from the Romanian state. No one without close ties to the repressive regime could have such a fortune. For comparison purposes, an average salary back then was 150 dollars. So yeah, that much money!

And the fact he finally got convicted for: ten years ago he "bought" 2.7 square miles in Bucharest, capital city of Romania, only paying ~140.000 dollars. That's a couple hundred times less than the real value of that land. The trick? He bought it from a company formerly owned by the state and where he, through corruption, chose some good-willing managers. The manager also got convicted to 8 years in jail for this same crime.

So yeah, not much breaking news, not that much of an injustice. Here's what the most admired former Romanian Justice Ministry (and former prosecutor, too) had to say about this long trial:

Justice and law have won again in Romania

Today’s verdict and sentencing of Dan Voiculescu proves Romanians can trust the professionalism and fairness of our judiciary. Despite a lynching by the Voiculescu-controlled media, the judges and prosecutors involved in the case managed to demonstrate that the law is equal for all. And in doing so, they have overcome a corrupt system created by the former communist secret police.

Romania’s success in this criminal case represents a blow also to the Ponta government. Prime Minister Ponta and his allies have been brought to power, and kept there, by the likes of the convicted Voiculescu.

Every time justice is rendered against corrupt politicians – justice that is based on evidence – Romanians gain yet more confidence in the rule of law.

The judges also decided that part of Voiculescu’s assets will be confiscated. While good news, more must be done in this respect.

My directive adopted by the EU about the extended confiscation of assets derived from criminal acts must be implemented urgently in Romania. Romanians need money stolen from them by corrupt politicians and elected officials.

In 2005 I laid the foundations for independent justice in Romania. Today, Voiculescu’s verdict and sentencing reflect the achievement of almost a decade of solidification of the rule of law and judicial independence in our country.

And here's who Mrs. Macovei is: en.wikipedia.org... (English link)

I hope she gets elected president and help us finally get back our country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join