It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors near Toronto say patient has Ebola-like symptoms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I am usually fairly skeptical of pandemic scares (and 99% of other threads on this site), but I don't think this will induce panic.. it will induce a level of fear that frankly, I think people are missing right now in regards to this. This will almost certainly go global. It may well end up being contained in more developed countries, but we will see this all over the place. This one has my eyes a bit wider open than other threats in the past. The H1N1 and other "pandemics".. I didn't even bat an eye.

The mere fact that this has a 21 day incubation period, and this was -not- contained to that area, means this could be all over the place by now. I don't think people are fully aware of how fast and exponentially this sort of thing can spread. One person can infect 3k + people. One person infects we'll say.. 2k people.. those people infect say.. even 1k people.. do you have any idea how bad this can get, and how fast?

This outbreak has been largely ignored by other countries. This may be one case where lack of empathy for a small outbreak in a third world spot will come back to bite everyone in the butt. I also don't think people realize how horrific and terrible this particular virus kills. If you are not scared and cautious, you probably should be.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Does anyone know how long it takes for a positive diagnosis after samples have been taken? On a side note almost all articles pertaining to this possible case are no where to be found. They really need to suspend flights

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nightrider83
Does anyone know how long it takes for a positive diagnosis after samples have been taken? On a side note almost all articles pertaining to this possible case are no where to be found. They really need to suspend flights

Nightrider, it seemed to be approx 2 days to get results back. But in a few cases, they have not reported results at all even though they should be back by now.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Michelle129th

Michelle, thanks for the links! I live here in Canada so this story is something Im following

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much. It seems that most people who 'show signs' of having Ebola are testing negative for it... Unless they just came from where the disease is actually coming from. I posted last week, about how someone told me that they had a 'confirmed' case in Ohio. Turns out the person was just sick with the flu, she tested negative for it. Apparently a person that they thought had it in New York also tested negative. I think for the most part, we're safe, pretty much everywhere. The best thing to do is when someone start showing signs, test them immediately, and put them in isolation. And if you notice yourself becoming sick, just keep an eye on it. Your best defense is knowledge about the situation.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I bet it will turn out to be like all the other scare tactic news stories: the test came back negative.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

This isn't a scare tactic, except by maybe the media with misleading headlines, because even the officials have stated very emphatically that this is just a precaution because the patient is either from Nigeria or was visiting during the time when they could have possibly come into contact with someone carrying the disease.

No one here wants to start a panic over a flu.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Another article recently published:

Patient in isolation in Brampton as Ebola tests run

Nothing really new except that one of the doctors brings up a very valid point.

In a statement released late Friday, Dr. Eric Hoskins said that lessons learned from the SARS epidemic have resulted in hospitals “fully equipped to deal with any potential cases of Ebola.”

Technically, the best place for a potential breakout would be in Ontario because they've already dealt with a pretty serious outbreak in recent history.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's taking a long time to get these test results. No?
Seems other cases are confirmed either way much sooner

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Someone pointed out that it is the weekend and the lab the tests were being sent to might be closed until Monday.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I heard on the local news that

1. The patient is improving and
2. The results will be in Sunday by 6 pm

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This situation where the Ebola is being said to be transmitted via bodily fluids keeps buggin me...if this becomes an International problem as the WHO has mentioned....a lot needs to be addressed. Open borders need to end. Air flight is bad enough as far as chances for transmission...but think about this, if air flight continues, the TSA agents are a problem, relevant to helping transmit disease. Think of those filthy rubber gloves examining peoples groin areas and the possible bodily fluids that can be there from time to time...gross, I know but true nevertheless. Top that with videos that already exist of TSA handling colostomy bags, urine bags and even taking the tubing off of them to examine them,.....wow, talk about bodily fluids...videos of dirty diapers being handled by those folks and their hands even reaching inside of diapers and adult under pants.

If things are that much of an International problem or even if there is a slight chance for same, borders need to be closed, planes halted and TSA especially stopped. They say plane passengers are being watched and precautions are being taken but I feel like not nearly enough is being done relevant to all of that...will see.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
America is on the alert. It will be almost impossible to get through the gates of the emigration area at all international airports without a screening for a fever. So don't worry guys.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Brampton (and the Greater Toronto Area) can relax a little now:

Ontario's Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Eric Hoskins confirmed that the man, who recently travelled to Canada from West Africa, where the outbreak has prompted states of emergency, is now "doing well" and anticipated to have a "full and speedy recovery."

"I can now confirm a recent case that underwent testing at the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg was found to test negative for Ebola virus disease," Hoskins said in a release, posted to the Ontario ministry's website.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Yep, just as most of us thought it.

Patient in Brampton Hospital tests negative for Ebola

I still feel like the hospital did the right response and were just being cautious.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal
Filthy buggars
You have a good point.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Hey , I live right here in Toronto and this got me so scared. Im probably going to move out haha. I hope everything is going to be alright , cause there was a lot of outbreaks everywhere lately.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Very great info in that website here!

ebola symptoms

<< 1  2   >>

join