It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're getting overrun and the danger is increasing... we need to open our eyes': Sheriff leading

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

And Sheriff Lance has not just experienced Mexicans or Central Americans coming across the border.

He said: 'In Port Mansfield, we have had Chinese people and Polish people coming in illegally by water. It makes you wonder what is coming through. Maybe we are just scratching the surface.'

Having worked for the FBI and served in the US military in Vietnam, Spence has been an officer of some description for more than four decades.

And he has definitely noticed a sharp upsurge in violence in recent years. He explained: 'It’s not like it was years ago when people were just looking for a job or something to eat. Now if they ask for something and they don't get it, some of them will take it.

'We're getting overrun and the danger is increasing... we need to open our eyes': Sheriff leading probe into murder of Border Patrol agent claims armed illegal immigrants in military fatigues have been spotted on Texas ranches

YEAH JUST KIDS more like gangs and trouble makers. Again America is a nation of legal immigrants NOT ILLEGAL. This problem is going to cause a lot of people sadness and grief because we are allowing the lowest of the low to just walk on in and cause all types of crime. Most will not care until it is their mother or sister ect getting raped or killed. The sheriffs and militias need to get to work because like usual our government is not
edit on 8-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: dam spell check..

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

I agree, time to take the law in Americans own hands. I think Americans have become dumbed down by the inept leadership in America thinking it is OK not to really care. Kind of like polluting the waters and saying its OK to drink it. Just doesn't make sense on what is happening along the border these days. Can you imagine eating at any restaurant soon and hear the dishwasher coughing his foolish head off and thinking, oh my god, and illegal with TB. Yep! Don't kid yourself. Having the past experience in the restaurant business taught me one thing, low wage workers can not go to the doctor unless there is govt help to foot the bill. So yes, there are many, many workers in the food industry with dry coughs and other illnesses.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

We've been getting overrun for years. Nothing new. Except it's in a higher volume as of late and Obama turns a blind eye to it. Yet he has no problem bombing ISIS but he can't do anything about our DOMESTIC issues.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The gangs are becoming a big part of the problem. Forget about what race might be "worst" for it.

Immigrants travel over both legally and illegally and if they cant find a job or a home they are tempted with joining a gang for money and safety.

Not all do, sure, but some do and then they are doing nothing for the country in any way at all. Ive been watching the mexican/american boarder situation for a while now and the guy is right, its definitely getting rapidly worse.

Of course i say this as an outside observer from the UK obviously what i say is to be taken with a pinch of salt. However we have our own immigration issues, and its much easier to get here illegally - but at least the violence and crime issues arnt as bad *yet*.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Very true like these bad boys of California, Nuestra Familia. Only two things happen when you join a gang, death and prison.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The problem when dealing with gangs most dont give a crap about going prison the take it as a badge of honor. Most feel they have to go to prison as validation of them putting in work/crime.When i was growing up i seen the gangs evolve from jumping people and using bats and knifes to just shooting up the whole street. I have dealt with a lot of gangs growing up and the are getting much more violent. Most people are blind to them because well it does not affect me attitude. Well they have been moving to the more upscale towns also.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That article, the OP and subsequent comments remind me of the movie - "No Country For Old Men"...only, add 40 or so, years.
Being in West Texas, not too far from the border, the stories I hear from locals (acquaintances) who used to visit family, regularly, across the border, are pretty sickening.
One lady had to take weeks off from work (she was part owner in a business) because her dad had been kidnapped...while still residing in Ciudad Juarez.
It will only get worse...and probably at an accelerating pace, if word gets out that the government (or citizenry) is going to crack-down.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What should worry people is - regardless of you're thoughts on Immigration....Just LOOK at Mexico. I know a couple people who live in Mexico. The horror stories they could tell - they could literally go on for days about the things they have seen there.

All out gun battles between gangs vs other gangs or police in the city streets lasting for days on end. People driving around in pick ups with mounted heavy machine guns in the bed. It is like god damned Iraq down there.

And some people are perfectly okay with letting massive numbers of these same people who allowed this situation to occur in their country come here unchecked? It baffles the mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
What should worry people is - regardless of you're thoughts on Immigration....Just LOOK at Mexico. I know a couple people who live in Mexico. The horror stories they could tell - they could literally go on for days about the things they have seen there.

All out gun battles between gangs vs other gangs or police in the city streets lasting for days on end. People driving around in pick ups with mounted heavy machine guns in the bed. It is like god damned Iraq down there.

And some people are perfectly okay with letting massive numbers of these same people who allowed this situation to occur in their country come here unchecked? It baffles the mind.

It's baffling all right. Granted this is not a new problem -- going on for decades, but it's just gotten so bad it's incredible that the US government will not act now to secure the border.

Everyone knows Mexico is run by the drug cartels. Makes me wonder if certain powerful US politicians aren't paid by the cartels to do nothing. Disguised off-shore accounts?

Of course, I also believe the NWO crowd want to see the destruction of the US as a sovereign nation.

Any way you cut it, it's enraging. I don't have words to describe the level of rage I feel at the destruction of my country. Blast the politicians who sold their own country down the river for their own gain.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We have been getting more and more of the criminal element for quite awhile now:

fncic-voiacm.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

The U.S is in bed with the cartel. It's obvious at this point. They turna blind eye to any criminal acts they do. Why? Because they work for them.

Paid and trained by the U.S and CIA.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

The U.S is in bed with the cartel. It's obvious at this point. They turna blind eye to any criminal acts they do. Why? Because they work for them.

-SAP-

I'm ready to believe it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So am I.

For over a decade, under multiple administrations, the U.S. government had a secret agreement with the ruthless Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel that allowed it to operate with impunity, an in-depth investigation by a leading Mexican newspaper confirmed this week. In exchange for information and assistance in quashing competing criminal syndicates, the Bush and Obama administrations let the Sinaloa cartel import tons of drugs into the United States while wiping out Sinaloa competitors and ensuring that its leaders would not be prosecuted for their long list of major crimes. Other revelations also point strongly to massive but clandestine U.S. government involvement in drug trafficking.

www.thenewamerican.com...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Surely apologists will come to the rescue that they should be allowed in America. They need to understand a few things because it's unfair what will happen to innocent people just because thy want to support this. We don't need more gangs, or gang wannabes that this may spark in the country. Imagine just going on social media to expose what they are doing, then they come after you? Imagine if you are a mayor(woman) of a town, trying and trying to have your town safe. But eventually, they succeed in your demise. Don't even want to go into detail of what they have done with victims. There's no sense of morals that we value, with these gangs. Law enforcement can no longer defend against them in many places. You'll be on your own. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The consequences of our border policy (or lack there of) will be felt in America and Canada for many years to come. If people knew just how corrupt both sides of this whole mess really is they might be sickened enough to actually demand something be done.. Unfortunately all this is not something new. The corrupt policies which have led to much of the problems in Mexico are alive and well in the USA .... with the money available it will IMO only continue to get worse...

www.borderlandbeat.com...
Coahuila Corruption Spreads to San Antonio :

By Jason Buch and Guillermo Contreras

A network of politicians and businessmen from the Mexican state of Coahuila relocated to San Antonio over the past seven years, and prosecutors say a corrupt group among them invested millions of dollars in illegal kickbacks here from drug traffickers and state contractors.

San Antonio has strong historic ties to Saltillo, Coahuila's capital. Intellectuals and landholders from the state, which borders Texas, took refuge here during the Mexican Revolution in the early 1900s. Further back, in the 1800s, Coahuila y Tejas was one state under Mexican rule.

Camouflaged among those escaping the more recent problems in the state are drug traffickers, unscrupulous businessmen and high-ranking Coahuila officials who laundered more than $35 million in kickbacks for state contracts, U.S. authorities say.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

It alleges that he laundered in San Antonio the proceeds of bribes, theft, embezzlement and drug distribution, another indication that the U.S. is investigating whether there's a connection between the alleged raiding of Coahuila's state coffers and the Zetas, a gang started by former Mexican special forces soldiers to be the Gulf Cartel's paramilitary arm.

Today, the Zetas are their own criminal organization engaged in a wide range of illegal activities including drug trafficking, prostitution, human trafficking and distribution of counterfeit goods. Like a traditional mafia, the Zetas also are involved in public works fraud, creating fake companies or suborning legitimate businesses and bribing public officials in exchange for government contracts that are inflated or never completed.

In October 2012, José Eduardo Moreira, Humberto's son, was found murdered outside the border city of Acuña, and several police officials were arrested in connection with the slaying.

In interviews after his son's killing, Moreira placed blame on narcoempresarios, businessmen with ties to the cartels who allowed the gangs to act with impunity. The Zetas in particular had spread their control to Coahuila's mining sector, Moreira said. The gang, he said, was responsible for a wave of violence that killed tens of thousand in Mexico, many in Coahuila.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So am I.

For over a decade, under multiple administrations, the U.S. government had a secret agreement with the ruthless Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel that allowed it to operate with impunity, an in-depth investigation by a leading Mexican newspaper confirmed this week. In exchange for information and assistance in quashing competing criminal syndicates, the Bush and Obama administrations let the Sinaloa cartel import tons of drugs into the United States while wiping out Sinaloa competitors and ensuring that its leaders would not be prosecuted for their long list of major crimes. Other revelations also point strongly to massive but clandestine U.S. government involvement in drug trafficking.

www.thenewamerican.com...

-SAP-

Thanks for the link. Explains a lot.

Years ago I remember reading about our troops protecting opium fields in Afghanistan. I refused to believe it at the time -- it was too much even for me. Now this stirs up memories of stories about the CIA & drugs in Vietnam.

Denial -- mine.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The CIA knows theres money in drugs. I bet they tax the hell out of the cartels too. So even more money. "To bring them in my country we get 25% of all sales". Boom. Ka-ching!

-SAP-

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And still, people want open borders and call us hateful and racist for wanting our laws upheld.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sad to say, but...........The American public in general has no clue of the future ramifications of allowing the mass influx of illegals into this country, nor do they seem to really care.

Things the American public would notice; The Kirdashian's has been canceled, Walmart raising their prices and the McDonalds drive thru is no longer open till midnight.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

-SAP-

Yep and the military work for the Gov and the cartels in Iraq. Remember the stories and photos of soldiers guarding the opium fields?

The war on drugs made the cartels even more rich and powerful, the same way bootlegers profitted from prohibition. The black market forces the price up. Marijuana would be worth nothing if we could all grow it in our yard!

Same game different players.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join