It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Act Failed - To the Dreamers & illegal kids - Turn In Your Parents, then you can stay.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I used to say there is No need for immigration reform people only needed to obey the existing laws. Now I do feel like we need a change in immigration law - we need to encourage illegal children to turn in thier parents for immediate deportation and exile.

Why? Because the Dream Act has Failed. The critics of the Dream Act saw this coming. See all those kids trying to cross the borders in recent months? Thats Exactly what the critics predicted the Dream Act would create and it has.

Opponents of the DREAM Act argue that it encourages and rewards illegal immigration, acting as a "magnet" attracting more illegal immigrants and creating a chain migration by family members.[55] Other stands include viewing it as importing poverty and cheap labor, being a military recruitment tool, having economic and social burdens (subsidies from state and federal taxes, degradation of the public school system and neighborhoods), and as being unfair to American-born and legal immigrant parents and children who must pay full tuition at state universities and colleges. Some concerns center on the parameters of the proposal, specifically that it would admit individuals who have already formed their identities overseas (i.e. people who arrived up to age 16), that illegal aliens up to age 35 are allowed to legalize through it,[56] that it would result in massive fraud similar to the 1986 amnesty, and that it will encourage additional illegal immigration.[57] There are additional concerns that the DREAM Act will shield gang members from deportation.

en.wikipedia.org... - And yes, we are finding out lots of those "kids" are in fact thuggy gang members.

The "Dream Act" is a nickname for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program. Several versions of the Dream Act had been considered by Congress over the years and the one they wound up accepting in the summer of 2012 became the DACA program.

The Dream Act is Only supposed to be for those kids who have lived here for 5 years BEFORE the date of the Dream Act's inizalization. It would not cover kids entering America today. The current language states it like this:

1) Been under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012
2 )Arrived to the United States before reaching their 16th birthday
3 )Continuously resided in the United States from June 15, 2007 (last five years) to the present
4 )Been physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, as well as at the time of requesting deferred action from USCIS;
5) Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or had any lawful immigration status expired on or before June 15, 2012
6) Been in school at the time of application, or have already graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, or have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard or the U.S. Armed Forces
7) Not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

en.wikipedia.org...

So if the act doesn't apply to all those kids trying to gate crash our boarders today, Why are thier perents sending them? It's because they do not have thier facts straight and act out of Fear thinking the USA is better off for the kids than where they are now.

Why did the Dream Act supporters place these restrictions on the act (and also why it took so long for Congress to approve a version of the bill) because they did not want a free for all with everyone and thier mother coming to America illegaly - No..

Very SELFISHLY, they the Dreamers and Dreamers supporters themselves thought Only to include thenselves in their little group.. well not so little as there are an estimated 2 million illegal kids in the USA that could receive these free goodies from our government.

Very Selfish of those Dreamers - and yet, thats exactly what happened, we have thousands of families with kids, more than ever before trying to cross daily thinking to get in on the action and it's causing big problems! It's hypocritical too because they only want those things for their group - a group of illegals who do not deserve anything from this government in the first place.

Obama wants these kids in the military, he just signed into Law that they can join up for benefits normally reserved for Americans who choose to serve.

I don't want that nor do I think most vets want that - these kids came here illegaly - they do Not respect the USA. How can you trust someone to fight for the USA when they didn't respect the USA enough to come here legally in the first place? You cannot. This will be Obama's downfall.

I have a Solution to this madness. It is very simple. We need to encourage illegal children to turn in thier parents for immediate deportation and exile. This will discourage families from coming here illegaly once they see kids turning in their parents. The kids want a better home and We The People want to know if those kids will Respect the USA unlike their parents, so this is the BEST way to do it. Get emotions involved, put it all right out there on the line - get tough.

Together with massively publishing the Dream Act only applies to those who were already here for 5 years Before the start of the Act will greatly stim the tide.

Do you folks Really believe all those thousands of kids are sent here without thier parents? Thats ABSURD. You are telling me we have parents who care so little about their kids as to send them travling thousands of miles alone to get to America? Those kids I tell you have instructions to hook up with the parents once they all get through the gates.

We might have the wacko here in the USA like the lady who drove the kids off a bridge into a lake to drown them but you are asking me to believe thousands of parents are that mentally unstable? I'm not getting it.. it's not possible that many moms and dads can be that messed up. I believe this is being done on purpose to make it harder to catch the adults who are sneaking in via other means.

Those clever criminals!

First we heard about the kids, then we learned the government is keeping the numbers of actual families secret from us. Those kids can't get in on the Dream Act so they are screwed.

Tell ya what kids.. turn in your mom and dad to be deported and exiled, then you can stay and become a citizen. You will never be able to see your mom or dad again unless you legally visit them because they won't be allowed back in the gates.. even for a visit. This IS the price you pay for your parents being criminals. Get over it, or you can get deported with them.

I want to hear from all you Dreamers out there - would you turn in your parent?

If you answer No, then tell me - what punishment do you think is fitting for your parents who broke the law to get you here?

Seriously let me here from you illegals and we'll have a serious civil discussion.

"Those who refuse to uphold the law, are just as quilty as those who BREAK the law." Quote: John Phoenix 2014
edit on 8-8-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

I get chided for making one sentence replies, but really, the whole immigration issue is a moot point. Nothing Congress might pass will fix the problem. Honestly, I don't think most of them even care. And, the spider web of conflicting laws and regulations is far to complex for most Congress Critters to even understand.

Its such a lost cause, I'll be interested to see if you get any replies at all to this post.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well for one, unless folks read the whole post to see where i'm coming from many will read the title and think I must be kin to Hitler - how could anyone even consider such a drastic action as separating kids from their parents. We need a solution that discourages illegal entry into the country, and this idea will do that.

Also, remember lots of these kids claim themselves they came here on their own - I wonder how many times an immigration official had to hear that line repeated before he started to believe it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I doubt that it will do anything more than make them have greater dislike for the US, and to be even more insular and less cooperative.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Kids or no,send them all back,enforce the law,deport and block out the border,no amnesty!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Kids won't turn on their parents. What will work is if we stop giving illegals jobs and freebies and special attention and privileges. They will no longer have a reason to be here and other people won't have an incentive to come.

After every amnesty came millions more illegals. One invasion after the next. People were warned this would keep happening but seem to think that everything is rainbows and lollipops. They cried for open borders, all the while ignoring the gangs, thieves, murderers and pedophiles, diseases, etc. waltzing over the border.

We have work visas for seasonal jobs for foreigners, we have proper ways of coming here legally, but we do have limits on how many foreigners from different Countries we take in and they can't all be from South of the border.

We have done nothing but reward the bad behavior of the parents by giving their children everything they need and want. They get in state tuition for colleges when our kids struggle and need help with discounted rates. It has always been double standards and people are resentful and have had enough. Illegals get the jobs, welfare, cheap housing, medical, etc while our own desperately poor suffer.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

And it's stuff like this why the Republican Party is quickly becoming the laughing stock among the growing majority.

I'm not saying that the OP republican, but
Keep in mind Obama approved DACA in 2012 and destroyed Romney in the election when it came to the votes of minorities

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

And it's stuff like this why the Republican Party is quickly becoming the laughing stock among the growing majority.

I'm not saying that the OP republican, but
Keep in mind Obama approved DACA in 2012 and destroyed Romney in the election when it came to the votes of minorities

Exactly. Willing to sacrifice the nation for his election. Noble of him.

new topics

top topics

join