It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. jet fighters strike ISIS in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- Two U.S. F/A-18 jet fighters bombed artillery of Sunni Islamic extremists in Iraq on Friday, escalating America's military involvement more than two years after President Barack Obama brought home forces from the country.
Obama on Thursday authorized "targeted airstrikes" if needed to protect U.S. personnel from fighters with ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State. The U.S. military also could use airstrikes to prevent what officials warn could be a genocide of minority groups by the ISIS fighters.
Though the United States is supporting Iraq militarily, there won't be U.S. combat troops on the ground, and it ultimately will be up to the Iraqi government and security forces to resolve the ISIS threat, White House spok

U.S. jet fighters strike ISIS in Iraq

Its about time the US did something... Maybe this will discredit the idea that the US had any involvement with the creation of ISIS.. but then again.. I didn't see anything about them killing ISIS soldiers, rather just bombing their artillery... so i guess its possible this could just be for show.. What do you guys think about this situation?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well considering that Islamic militants typically hide behind civilians, taking out their artillery is a good start.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SUBKONCIOUS
What do you guys think about this situation?

I think that those that created the monster are attempting to destroy the monster.

The maelstrom that is the (un)balance of power in the Middle East will keep bringing violence, bloodshed and creating new instruments of terror. The consolidation of current enemies into one cohesive unit (ISIS) for the purpose of ultimate destruction, will only backfire into the faces of those outside forces who created it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

Too little, Too late, Isis is a satanic organization and need's to be thoroughly eradicated, namby pamby mister nice guy tactic's are not up to the challenge to it is past time to turn the media coverage of the right side off and let the soldier's do there job with none of this police action nonsense, they really need to go medievil on those scum bag murderer's, no quarter, no captive's, you know they hung christians up by there feet in an abatoir and cut there head's off.
The are Rapists, Murderer's, Theives and followers of a cult founded by a peodophile so how much more Satanic do they have to get before the world call's a wart a wart.

edit on 8-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think this is a good step , i agree that is is way too late , they shoud have started bombardments 7-8 months ago when Fallujah fell.

But the current iraqi "government" in my opinion had a big part in letting this get out of hand , almost the same as the invasion more then 10 years ago , act like there is nothing going on , the rats flew....

This Maliki fella probably didn't even come out of his hot tub during the entire march from Islamic state from Syria to the outskirts of Bagdad.

It is my personal opinion that you can never let people who commit these kind of atrocities gain a beachhead anywhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
I think that those that created the monster are attempting to destroy the monster.

Puppets were fun growing up.

Now not so much...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
F%$% yes.

Kill the rats.

Watch the rats flee, chase them into their festering holes. Run rats, run.

I've never been so happy to see scum bags incinerated.

flesh off the bones, no group deserves it more than these monsters.
edit on 9-8-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Bring back the A-10.

Second line, problem sorted.

bally

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

It seems like a good idea to gather all violent monsters around and give them a mission to accomplish,and then wipe them all up and enjoy the credit for doing that...Three birds,one stone ,ain't that bad eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Finally, this administration did something to try and slow down this group. That said, how much did it cost the taxpayers to destroy a "convoy" of seven pickup trucks? How much did we spend to take out a mortar position? Yes, from the reports, we took out seven p/u trucks and a mortar position.

Where are Iraq's neighbors? Saudi Arabia has a lot of US military equipment to include fighter jets and yet they've done nothing to stem the tide of this group, a group that has directly threatened them. I think Iran has done more to stop this group than any other country in the world. The Peshmerga's are the only thing keeping Iraq a country at the moment and their treated like second class citizens.

Again, glad to see the US doing something but just can't get to excited considering the money spent to take out a few p/u trucks and mortars.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wonder if the ISIS would even exist today in Iraq without US airstrikes back in 2003, not to mention funding/supporting fighters in Syria, Libya and the Arab spring in general. Now more airstrikes to fix the problem. Will whoever comes out of this on top be any better or even worse yet again? Worth pondering. I know the ISIS is the most evil that evil can possibly get but I remember the same being said about Saddam and the rest we helped remove.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've just been reading about the most recent wave of executions in Iraq. Isis have been beheading children, raping the mothers and then slitting their throats and also crucifying the fathers.

In a public park, Isis have placed the severed heads of children on poles and sticks. I've just seen about a dozen harrowing pictures of these mass executions. The one that shocked me the most, was a 'publicity' picture designed to frighten the enemies of Isis, which consisted of a little girl about three years old, covered in dirt with four or five rifles pointed into her face. She didn't even look scared, just utterly confused.

Another image was of a naked woman being held down onto what looked like a medical table by four men, her throat is being sliced and a bucket is collecting the blood underneath her.

I refuse to link it.
--

I am vehemently anti-war, so it's a very strange feeling for me to be actively supporting the air strikes on these monsters. There's no words to describe the horror and disgust and sadness inside of me as a result of seeing those pictures.

I only hope the air strikes are quick, accurate and powerful. Send those rats back to hell. No mercy.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

If only God would hear our prayers but yes they need to go somewhere worse then hell, this is hell or at least Iraq is but they are beyond evil.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
strange.. had no idea this thread was still open.... the mods closed it, but i guess they realized they made a mistake and opened it back up again... Thx Mods!

Anyways... lots of really insightful input guys.. thx!

I remember seeing a video a while back that caught my attention, and this thread reminded me of it for some reason.. it's Dick Cheney talking about what happens after the toppling of Iraq's government..

Once you got to Iraq and took it over, took down Saddam Hussein government, then what are you going to put in its place? - Dick Cheney

www.youtube.com...

Is it possible that, in their minds, a highly organized Sunni extremest regime is the best place holder for destabilized countries in the middle east?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is how it went down..

Hi, Bahgdadi, it's me Obama...

Oh Hi Obama Baby wassup dude..

Listen, if you stick some of that old artillery out in the desert we'll come along and Bomb it, we'll get some cool footage of it as well, you know, we have to throw the msm a bone here and there so as to fool the Sheeeple.

Ok, Obama Baby, we can do that..

And while you are at it, you could stick a couple of Idiots you dont trust in and around the Artillery pieces and we'll clean that mess up as well while we are at it.

Will do Obama Baby...speak soon xxx

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Or it could go like this...Hi bagi what'sup? hey listen dude so how about that plan is it a go go?...No Osi it ain't working between us no more ,my boys have decided to fly solo for a while if you's don't mind...Don't mind?! wtf you can't do that you have obligations...Obligators my arse if you don't like it French and the Germans are willing to pay double and they even relocate us to Africa and perhaps Europe and with a cool new name like Ozos or something and wow the little young tomatoes!...Hey man that wasn't on the contract you know we can bomb the hell out of you right now and forget about the whole thing and sit back relax and enjoy the credit don't you?...You do as you wish but we will publish everything on the media and internet and then start to suicide terror all your cities one by one... You know I should have baptized you when i had a chance when you were still a Jew you freaking sun of a gun... Maybe you should,Shalom baby Hossein if you changed your mind we will work for triple the price and license to produce and distribute CP on the net,your call baby your call.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur
Maybe we are closer to the truth than we openly jest about.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: shapur
Maybe we are closer to the truth than we openly jest about.

Yes but since this is a "conspiracy" site and we are considered just theorists, no one will take it seriously so the Elites do not exterminate us and our posts will remain here for the next generations to enjoy....cheers.

top topics

join