It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic militants hold hundreds of women captive in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The spokesman for Iraq's human rights ministry says hundreds of women from the Yazidi religious minority have been taken captive by militants from the Islamic State group.

Islamic militants hold hundreds of women captive in Iraq

Well....looks like they are really trying hard to bring a war on. This is like the boko-haram mess. I wonder if they are taking a page out of their play book or were possibly taught by the same trainers.....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Somehow I don't think these women are going to have the same fate of escaping as the boko haram captives did. I fear they are going to kill them all and very likely have already started. From all the news reports, these guys are just leaving vast swaths of bodies in their path of destruction.

They seem to be taking over some large cities too. This is apparently in Mosul, which is the second largest city according to the report. They also seem to be gaining numbers and support.

How does a group like this continue to gain so much support with all the horrific things they are doing to people?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Your right, I think they were all trained and funded by the CIA!

Why are all these stories sounding so similar in nature recently..... and so timely..... Coincidences? If you believe in coincidences that is, unfortunately I believe in providence.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Your right, I think they were all trained and funded by the CIA!

Why are all these stories sounding so similar in nature recently..... and so timely..... Coincidences? If you believe in coincidences that is, unfortunately I believe in providence.

The coincidences I guess could be trumped up to one group just following the news and doing what another successful group has done. They are also reportedly keeping them in schools which would make it all the harder for the US to be able to hit without major backlash.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If that's the case we could always let the IDF go and solve the problem! I hear they have a special way of dealing with these situations.....

Sorry, I couldn't resist, even on the most serious of issues.
But it would seem 'they' have been busy getting ready for all this somewhere. Due to the scale of things happening I can only assume this is going to either get much worse or historically worse, as it progresses. I am on the east coast overlooking NYC so these things do come to mind a lot. 911 is a day I will never forget and regardless how it happened, it happened due to these smaller issues flaming up.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Another factor in this is the Mosul Dam. I would hope they wouldn't blow it, but if they want to kill thousands and destroy an area in a matter of hours....this is the most vulnerable those downstream have ever been. That would be a blow that ISIS would start a war over. I read an article that stated if the dam was blown it could result in half a million deaths within hours.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I've had the news on all day waiting for them to blow it up. Right now it's strategic to keep it in one piece but sooner or later that will change. I hate to be so cold on so morbid of a subject but this group is well trained, well funded and now well armed. They played this like a game of chess and I'm waiting to see what happens next.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't know if they'll kill them. If they are of child bearing age, they may just take them as concubines. It's the old and unattractive ones who have to worry about being killed.

We are talking about deeply fundamental Muslims. Multiple wives are permitted, and one way to claim more for Allah is to take women of their enemy and breed more Muslims on them (as crude as that sounds).

Unless this new version of Islam is even too fundamental for that approach.

top topics

join