It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter: Ebola Doc's Condition Downgraded To 'Idiotic'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
She makes a valid point...Charity Begins At HOME....
Not to cast personal aspersions on the good Doctor....but shes got a point about our own homeless and poor.....
Where are all these Christian heroes in places like Detroit say....or the downtown east side..................

She called a doctor stricken with Ebola an idiot for risking his life for providing medical care in the third world during a time when they need it most, work that he believes God called him to do.

Why does it have to be one or the other? There aren't thousands of charitable organizations, many of them faith-based, that do charitable work in the US? At what point does it become acceptable to you and Ann for people to leave the country for humanitarian missions? Should people not have gone to Haiti after the earthquake in 2010? Should the world not have responded to assist in the wake of the Indonesian tsunami in 2004? What about the Tōhoku earthquake/tsunami in 2011?

Her false concern for the down-trodden in America is evidenced by decades of her witless anti-poor blabbering. The whole thing is a charade to promote her disdain for human beings that don't fit her criteria for deserving concern.

Ann Coulter has become a millionaire many times over by spouting some of the most sociopathic vomit of any pundit in recent memory. She's the last person that should opine about charity.

edit on 2014-8-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: theantediluvian
She is not Idiotic, she is a Sociopath, she doesn't care what anybody thinks of her, it is her grotesque way of earning money. like most CEOs and Bankers.

Can a sociopath be psychotic too?
Like many on the extremes of political punditry, Coulter stretches her imagination to stay one step ahead of the pack. As you point out, this is how she makes her money, by being creative, taking notions that float around in her mind and coming up with outlandish opinions that feed the extreme right. Most often her statements are predicated on accurate assumptions of how the herd that follows her will respond. This time she seems to have been not so accurate on their willingness to follow.

Next time though.....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ann needs to be quarantined-she is clearly suffering from chronic foot in mouth disease.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Regardless of how horrible she is.....(have a little Christian charity will you...)
The point is made that the so called Christian ethic of charity and compassion seems to be sadly lacking in America....
You don't have to go five miles from any home in America to find somebody that could use a hand or a kind word even.....
If you have two shirts.......you know the rest......and its NOT happening here!

How about giving a little charity yourself ?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Not to cast personal aspersions on the good Doctor....but shes got a point about our own homeless and poor.....
Where are all these Christian heroes in places like Detroit say....or the downtown east side..................

Where are you in these places?

You cririsize him for helping people in the 'wrong' places. How many people have you helped?
edit on 8-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Ann needs to be quarantined-she is clearly suffering from chronic foot in mouth disease.

Clever analogy!

Ann is just a rightwing shock jock that knows exactly the demographic she appeals to.
It's a media business...distasteful sure.... but so is her audience.

And she has books to sell and needs to pimp her public speaking appearances to the right wing groups.

www.anncoulter.com...

edit on 8-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

We are also blessed with hot and cold running water in every home and as much soap as we want...even the homeless, even in small towns like mine there are shelters they can get clean at and get fresh clothing often run by churches or christian groups by the way.

Drs without borders have been asking for help since before this has become public if people want non Christian place to give money it is great in my opinion. As the map shows here this thing even though a new strain, is behaving like the known ones and it has been stopped even in those countries without our benefits.
www.doctorswithoutborders.org...
www.cnbc.com...

edit on 8-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Far to often I see people attacking the messenger and not the message itself. Truth be told I think the message has some merit. Christians want to spread the faith by planting seeds with desperate people around the world. You ever wonder why they are always going to the poorest parts of the world to spread the faith. I know why.

Yes this is charity but at a cost. I just want to add if you do missionary work and the charity is in any way dependent on faith I consider it evil in nature. You do not give to receive.
edit on 8-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Far to often I see people attacking the messenger and not the message itself. Truth be told I think the message has some merit. Christians want to spread the faith by planting seeds with desperate people around the world. You ever wonder why they are always going to the poorest parts of the world to spread the faith. I know why.

Yes this is charity but at a cost. I just want to add if you do missionary work and the charity is in any way dependent on faith I consider it evil in nature. You do not give to receive.

I wanted to write the exact same thing but you said it very well, so I'll just second that!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Ann Coulter was not speaking out against proselytizing, at all. She actually advocated proselytizing domestically in multiple points during her rant.

The gist of what she was saying is that any charitable work done outside of the US by Americans is a self-serving act by "narcissistic" (her word) individuals who are seeking praise from others. She addressed Christians in particular, apparently because she considers herself to be one, but her statements (sans domestic proselytizing) would be applicable to any American charitable organization operating outside of the US.

I far too often see people commenting without taking the time to read the source material. Please read her words and then point to the merit in what she's saying.
edit on 2014-8-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have no idea who Anne Coulter is, but I am with Sterlings posts on this one, and the message not the messenger.

Unless you are in a place of strength AT HOME you are in no position to help those further afield to efficate any kind of positive outcome....and that goes for all aspects of humanitarian help and aid.

Get your own house in order before you can help any body else......otherwise EVERYONE become fish out of water floundering on the river bank.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have one word that describes and she should not be on the air....FN Idiot!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Help me to understand this.
She is knocking people for doing a Christian act, which we are directed by Christ to do, and SHE calls them narcissistic?
And she calls herself Christian. I must have been raised wrong. I thought being Christian was to be acting "Christ like".

No wonder they think there is a war on them, their members are leading it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I have no idea who Anne Coulter is, but I am with Sterlings posts on this one, and the message not the messenger.

Unless you are in a place of strength AT HOME you are in no position to help those further afield to efficate any kind of positive outcome....and that goes for all aspects of humanitarian help and aid.

Get your own house in order before you can help any body else......otherwise EVERYONE become fish out of water floundering on the river bank.

Rainbows
Jane

Doctors dedicating their own time to treating people in desperate need in foreign countries are going to cause us to be "fish out of water floundering on the river bank?" I'm sorry, but I find this statement to be on it's face, wholly ludicrous.

So as long as there are people in need in the US, which has been since DAY 1 and will like continue to be a condition until THE END, Americans should not engage in humanitarian work in foreign countries?

What about the examples I noted above?

2004 - Indonesian tsunami
2010 - Earthquake in Haiti
2011 - Tōhoku earthquake/tsunami in Japan

No assistance should have be given? Even if you believe that to be the case, an Ebola outbreak running out of control in African countries is certainly a concern for people outside of the continent of Africa if for no other reason than the fear of it becoming a global pandemic. What about if something terrible happens in our own country and we're the ones in need of foreign aid? Should we nobly decline their aid because foreign countries have people of their own in need?

Ridiculous. If that's not bad enough, this woman has the nerve to INSULT somebody (idiot, narcissist???) for using his medical training outside of the US?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Where? At churches. Where else would Christians and various other religions be? Are you peeps really that insecure about your problems that when we STOP helping Americans and go some where else; now you want us here. Holy crap!

Americans are long gone, why should we help?

Phil Robertson, Owner of Chick Fil A, Hobby Lobby, etc...are all great examples of how our beliefs get torn apart but you are requesting us to be in Detroit or lets say Chicago?

Let me put it in perspective for you not so smart peeps. Christians go else where in the world to do better things. Mormons do most of their mission trips here in the United States. If you peeps would do some research before spewing false opinions as fact, you would know this. But, this is a hating religion planet that wants us to do the Lord's work at home.

Ironic isn't it?

I know I will not get any stars for this, but publicly making peeps look stupid is my specialty. I'm sure someone will come along and quote me saying how bad my grammar is or how stupid I am for believing in God.

I don't care nor do I care about any of you. I want the Ebola to mess up the world, I think it will do good ridding out the stupidity that is currently a worse plague than Ebola.

It makes me frustrated seeing people speed in and out of traffic, putting others at risk. Slamming doors on the elderly. Shooting each other. Punching pregnant women in the face. Lying, stealing, adultery, greedy and various other immoral issues. This is what you PEEPS are against but fully embrace it yourselves.

None of you are any different than the governments or Israel. You break laws and have no problems with it.

Yes, speeding is breaking the law. If we had no rules of the road, it would be like Russia where accidents happen all the time.

Keep living your lives like hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Honestly , there was a time that I rather liked Ann although now she is just out to say anything that will get her publicity and the more outrageous the better.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

Im retired....its what I do to pass the time butt cheeks.....id be willing to go out and help outside the country too...but us old people don't get that opportunity....you have to be younger to get those positions mostly.....needless to say I am willing to work for any good cause for simpler room and board anywhere....
so go figure....
She still makes a very valid point.....and not about the doctor being an idiot...but about Christian hypocracy which is as rife as the prairie wheat fields....

Where are you in these places?

You cririsize him for helping people in the 'wrong' places. How many people have you helped?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
To all you 'christians' ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you chose to study theology instead of christianity as in the Bible.......you would see you are clearly missing the message of Jesus as a humanitarian.
End of.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: johngrissom

I don't care nor do I care about any of you. I want the Ebola to mess up the world, I think it will do good ridding out the stupidity that is currently a worse plague than Ebola.

I know I will not get any stars for this, but publicly making peeps look stupid is my specialty.

Then you better prepare yourself for "the sickness" because that was one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

edit on 8-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Doctors have to get in there at ground zero to stop diseases like this that have the potential to become worldwide pandemics. Coulter is so self-absorbed she doesn't get it. These doctors are sacrificing their time and efforts for all humanity.

She isn't the only right wing idiot spouting trash talk about this crisis, check out the comment from Donald Trump:

– “Ebola patient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days – now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE!”

– “Stop the EBOLA patients from entering the U.S. Treat them, at the highest level, over there. THE UNITED STATES HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS!”

– “The U.S. cannot allow EBOLA infected people back. People that go to far away places to help out are great-but must suffer the consequences!”

"People that go to far away places to help out are great-but must suffer the consequences!" Wow, what a piece of trash you are, Trump. You and Coulter should be locked in a room together, maybe they'll do the rest of the world a favor and throttle each other.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join