It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter: Ebola Doc's Condition Downgraded To 'Idiotic'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Frothy-mouthed insane person, Ann Coulter, went on quite a bizarre rant a couple days ago.

EBOLA DOC'S CONDITION DOWNGRADED TO 'IDIOTIC'

Here are some choice excerpts:

Which explains why American Christians go on "mission trips" to disease-ridden cesspools. They're tired of fighting the culture war in the U.S., tired of being called homophobes, racists, sexists and bigots. So they slink off to Third World countries, away from American culture to do good works, forgetting that the first rule of life on a riverbank is that any good that one attempts downstream is quickly overtaken by what happens upstream.

But serving the needy in some deadbeat town in Texas wouldn't have been "heroic." We wouldn't hear all the superlatives about Dr. Brantly's "unusual drive to help the less fortunate" or his membership in the "Gold Humanism Honor Society." Leaving his family behind in Texas to help the poor 6,000 miles away -- that's the ticket.

There may be no reason for panic about the Ebola doctor, but there is reason for annoyance at Christian narcissism.

That's right folks, rabid demagogue Ann Coulter wants you to believe that Christians who travel to foreign countries to do charitable work are narcissistic attention whores who slink off to third world countries out of fear of being labeled homophobes or racists.

Looks like she's gone a little too far even for the far right media:

Daily Caller: Ann Coulter Is Wrong About Kent Brantly

Sorry, Ann, but this is absolute horsecrap.

Red State: Ann Coulter is great, but I’d rather be like Kent Brantly

I don’t know if Coulter was simply trying to make a point by overshooting the mark, or if she really believes, as a Christian, that Dr. Brantly’s efforts in Liberia were wasted. It doesn’t matter though. What Coulter wrote is irrelevant.

The American Conservative: Ann Coulter, Dr. Kent Brantly, & Telescopic Philanthropy

UPDATE: Gang, I thought I was clear in the first posting: I think Coulter is almost entirely wrong. I say “almost” not because I believe that Dr. Brantly shouldn’t have gone overseas as a medical missionary, or because I believe that American Christians should not go overseas — I don’t believe either of those things, and I have written here before that Dr. Brantly is, in my view, a hero. And so are all those men and women like him.

I wonder if upon reflecting how far she's put her foot into her mouth, Ann Coulter realizes that in fact, she's the idiot?
edit on 8/8/2014 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

edit on 10/8/14 by masqua because: Title edit by author request

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow, she's a real piece of work. I'd love to see her get a dose of her own medicine. She's a horrible person.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I found her remarks to be evil and self-attention grabbing. I have no other words to describe them. Unfortunately there is an audience out there for this stuff and this isn't the last we'll hear from her.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
She makes a valid point...Charity Begins At HOME....
Not to cast personal aspersions on the good Doctor....but shes got a point about our own homeless and poor.....
Where are all these Christian heroes in places like Detroit say....or the downtown east side..................
edit on 8-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

She also said radiation from fukishima wasn't harmful...www.abovetopsecret.com...

She needs to be dropped in the middle of the Ebola victims, or put on the ground in fukishima to show people for real how strong her will power is against radiation or ebola....She is such an idiot and shouldn't be speaking in public!

edit on 8/8/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Although her comments are off base imo, there are many many people who do charity work and volunteer work secretly for the attention. Although they do get real satisfaction and they likely genuinely care, non-Christians and Christians alike are frequently guilty of humble-bragging about their "altruism" and plans to take part in such things.

Singling out one group or another who does this is just silly though. Next time she goes to some charity banquet, someone should grill her about how much she really cares about the cause, or whether she does it because it makes her look good. If its the former, then stay at home and send the money without wasting resources on a fancy to-do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow right wing media attacking other right wing media over insane comments, never thought I would see the day!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
She is not Idiotic, she is a Sociopath, she doesn't care what anybody thinks of her, it is her grotesque way of earning money. like most CEOs and Bankers.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I would call this the typical ravings of an egotistcal media whore at its finest. And you can quote me on that.
This, I do not have a word I can use here in polite company, has very obviously never had a single idea of a thought of another person in her entire miserable live.

I will, however, send to her my best wishes for the rest of her live to be lived just as it has been so far. I would not want her to ever experience the shear joy of giving from her miserable soul.

Pardon me for the last statement. I did not mean to demean any one who may actually have a soul.
edit on 8-8-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That Coulter guy is either a master troll, or an evil, insane tranny.
He would have to drop his drawers and let me have a look before I am buying that is a female.
He could be a radical leftist playing a very sophisticated prank to put some stink on the right-wingers.
That would be pure genius.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
She is pure scum.... just a disgusting and despicable human being.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Regardless of how horrible she is.....(have a little Christian charity will you...)
The point is made that the so called Christian ethic of charity and compassion seems to be sadly lacking in America....
You don't have to go five miles from any home in America to find somebody that could use a hand or a kind word even.....
If you have two shirts.......you know the rest......and its NOT happening here!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I think I'm the only one that agrees with you on this here.

I too find it disgusting when christian missionaries go to Africa to give starving children food, only after they enrol and attend in bible school/study. Who would of ever thought the church could be so hypocritical as that! (sarcasm)
edit on 8/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Not to cast personal aspersions on the good Doctor....but shes got a point about our own homeless and poor.....
Where are all these Christian heroes in places like Detroit say....or the downtown east side..................

The US has free clinics for the poor nearly everywhere, there are medical vouchers and aid cannot be refused almost everywhere...

On the other hand some of the places these Drs go have zero medical Doctors and absolutely no alternatives.

Preventing disease outbreak in THOSE places can save thousands of lives. There is Zero comparison!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
She's an idiot.

She's an idiot when she spews insane crap about the left, and she continues to be an idiot when she spews insane stuff about the right.

I hope people on the Left don't try to come to her defense because we all see her insanity when she rants about the Left and shouldn't side with her just because she is bashing the Right now.

I also hope people on the Right see her now for what she truly is and stop giving her attention when she has her insane rants about the left.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Its more about evangelizing than anything, get the kids when there young and they will believe for a lifetime. Its what they do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Forgive my ignorance, who is she. Does she work for the Govt. If so, isn't it her responsibility to look after the poor on US soil?

I* appologise again for my ignorance in this matter. A little clarification though would help us 'foreigners'.

edit on 8-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
That Coulter guy is either a master troll, or an evil, insane tranny.

He would have to drop his drawers and let me have a look before I am buying that is a female.

He could be a radical leftist playing a very sophisticated prank to put some stink on the right-wingers.

That would be pure genius.

Show her a twenty and she might just show you what you want.

Judging from this and other statements she has made, she will do anything for the money.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

The US has free clinics for the poor nearly everywhere, there are medical vouchers and aid cannot be refused almost everywhere...

On the other hand some of the places these Drs go have zero medical Doctors and absolutely no alternatives.

Preventing disease outbreak in THOSE places can save thousands of lives. There is Zero comparison!

Exactly.... it's lazy and frankly stupid to compare the two.
How many people in Detroit have their intestines turning to mush and leaking out.... how many are dying from horrid, tropical diseases?

Of course people could be kinder and government and charities could do more for the homeless and sick of the USA.... but the people in West Africa are in grave danger and need as many Doctors as possible out there.

People that criticise this or say it's egotistical to go and help "foreigners" before your fellow countryfolk just have no clue.
It's like those people who say "Hey we shouldn't send aid abroad.. we have our own poor here who need credit for their iphones and are still wearing last seasons Nike sneakers... it's appalling how poor they are"

There just is no comparison.

edit on 8/8/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: stirling

I think I'm the only one that agrees with you on this here.

I too find it disgusting when christian missionaries go to Africa to give starving children food, only after they enrol and attend in bible school/study. Who would of ever thought the church could be so hypocritical as that! (sarcasm)

Thats news to me. Not saying its not true but the missionaries from here do nothing of the sort. US missionaries may operate differently.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join