It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse’s Trial: In His Own Words

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Mr Ventura, i have to say i must give you credit for putting this video up not a easy thing to do i would imagine but, i think you need to get your head out of the sand.

I do recall your defence was arguing that this was about money and your loss of earnings.

Tax returns showed Ventura made more than $13 million in the decade before “American Sniper’s” release. Much of that came from his contract for an MSNBC talk show in 2003-05, but Ventura took in $676,000 in 2011, the year before the book came out.

After Kyle’s autobiography was released, Ventura’s earnings dipped to $190,000 in 2012. Ventura said job offers, usually plentiful, “came to a screeching halt.” The third season of his TruTV series “Conspiracy Theory” was put on hold because of the story, he said, and the series eventually was canceled.

Link

So don't try and tell us this was about "truth" this was about your lose of earnings and damaged reputation.

Which by the way is probably in tatters with the whole of the Special forces community and not because you sued some former SEAL who said he once punched you in the face. No.

Your reputation in the Special forces community is probably in tatters because you have made a name for your self with all this macho BS about how your "The Governor, Former Wrestler, Former Seal (well UDT), and True American Patriot (with big arms)". You make a name for yourself over stuff you done 40 years ago and even at that, lets face it, we all know you never saw active combat (Intersting link regarding Jesse's military service). Yet you go on about it like you are some kind of American hero, you are not, you are a celebrity personality.

Chris Kyle on the other hand is a true American hero who said he once punched you in the face, truth or not, it does not matter. You are still a celebrity and he is still the American hero, so when he dies and you try to sue his estate (by extension his widow) it does not sit will with folks.

You could have dropped the law suit upon his death, just said, you know what I deny having ever been punched by this guy, but i cannot sue a American hero after he dies.

Your reputation would have been restored, and I am sure your precious earnings would have been boosted.

Sorry to sound so harsh but that's how i see it.

If you want to redeem yourself in the eyes of your opposer's do yourself a favour.

Pay your legal fees then what is left of that 1.8 million donate directly to a war veterans charity.
edit on 11-8-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So don't try and tell us this was about "truth" this was about your lose of earnings and damaged reputation.

Those loss of earnings do demonstrate however the damaging impact the defamation by Kyle caused JV. It provides a quantifiable marker to the loss of earnings and reputation.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot
well I will not go into details, but yes my spouse did work in the business.
Are you really a wrestler? Because even if you are just on the road you should know that is all a show and all fights are already set as to who is the winner and the looser. Yes must guys work and train hard to be where they are, but no famous wrestler, celebrity, or Politian for that matter, are where they are without loosing much of their integrity, and must likely selling themselves. The wrestling world is also full of steroids and other drugs.

My last post on the subject.

<< 1  2   >>

join