It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: 6 more people tested for Ebola in NY. These cases were "not made public".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In this video at around the 1:23 mark, medical correspondent, Sanjay Gupta, says that 6 more people have been tested for Ebola but he seems to contradict himself.

First he says that the hospital has "made this known" but then almost immediately says that these cases were "not made public"...

So, they made it known to him but not to the general public?

Then at the end of the video, former AIPAC lobbyist Wolf Blitzer says they know of 6 people who were tested for Ebola but tested negative.

Wait, if Gupta just revealed information that wasnt previously public, how can Blitzer already claim that they all tested negative? Gupta said the final tests still havent come back, "that they take a day or so".

Seems like he may have just thrown some spin in there at the end to prevent a panic?

edit on 8-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Is the US still accepting flights from W. Africa even after Europe halted its flights from the region? Are they sure an outbreak couldn't happen here/

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

CNN is a well known government lap dog. At the same time however, they're fighting for survival, they're ratings being so low and worsening that they're in a race with MSNBC for the ratings cellar. Thus, I suspect that CNN's tripping over its own feet in a last ditch effort to appear to be on top of the Ebola story while at the same time being carefully and forcefully instructed to tell no truth and to bury the story on page 6. CNN doesn't have the deep pockets that MSNBC has and can't survive much longer as a cellar dweller.

If I were a gambler, I'd bet that the Ebola story will quickly fade from MSM coverage to be replaced by 24 hour coverage of Obama's plan to bomb Iraq, (which may or may not ever materialize).

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The CDC did say they were testing six days ago but they didn't release who or where they were.
edit on 8-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is close to my stomping ground area so as soon as I see or hear anything I'll let you guys know. The thing is all these people saying it can't spread and have been so relaxed about it need to think twice. If this attitude causes even just one death that shouldn't have happened it will be a massive failure. Personally, I don't think this is going to be a nightmare scenario. I'd still prefer that they would err on the side of caution though.
edit on 8-8-2014 by DetectiveT because: grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Is the US still accepting flights from W. Africa even after Europe halted its flights from the region? Are they sure an outbreak couldn't happen here/

List of all airlines still flying to Africa and infected areas, number of flights and what precautions have been put in place for dealing with passengers for boarding in infected areas. With the exception of British Airways and Emirates, who've canceled flights.

If you want to scare the bajeezus out of your self....read the article for what precautions have been put in place with various airlines for dealing with a suspected ill person during flight, and criteria for boarding flights. What a freaking joke.

www.helsinkitimes.fi...

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Of course they want to prevent a panic. Because someone with a mild sore throat is going to be freaking out that they have Ebola. And they will all likely be negative for Ebola - so why disclose this to the public? Even the OP makes the suggestion that they are lying about the negative results. There is no reason to announce every time they test someone for Ebola. The first announcement can be if someone HAS it. Then it's important.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well if there are only suspected then there is no point shouting it from the roof tops so that the scared and paranoid get even more scared and paranoid.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The CDC did say they were testing six days ago but they didn't release who or where they were.

They cant as that is illegal and breaks doctor patient confidentiality laws.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Its not a blanket ban in the EU only certain airlines have voluntary stopped flights.

Personally I would stop west African flights full stop.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Didn't the doctor that flew back to the u.s. first test negative first then he tested positive? a reply to: fleabit

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If you want to scare the bajeezus out of your self....read the article for what precautions have been put in place with various airlines for dealing with a suspected ill person during flight, and criteria for boarding flights. What a freaking joke.
a reply to: Destinyone

A bad Freaking Joke at that......:-(

Thanks for that link and we will sleep well tonight after reading it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Although 2 Airlines have stopped flying to that part of Africa, there are still another 4 or 5 which are continuing to do so which IMO is not very cool.

edit on CDTFri, 08 Aug 2014 17:50:06 -0500u3105x106x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join