It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop milking the middle east!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't need to remind people of the recent events.

We are all aware of the lives lost and the crimes committed abroad, and we can all agree that the madness must stop. But it hasn't stopped some people from taking advantage of the current events to broadcast their views so they can remain relevant. And now the situation is beginning to snowball , and we are at the point where the first post er or broadcaster garners the most viewers, listeners, clickers, or all three-regardless of the facts.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not pointing the finger at any single individual, but at the broader online and media community as a whole. What made me so incensed to start with is that my local radio station took a call from a guy who was also tired of the media taking advantage of the middle east. And what was the stations response? to play circus music. "Duh duh da la la la da duh duh duh duh" and after that his called was disconnected. I'm was waiting for the host to provide a call back number so I can defend this man, but after his call the station is no longer taking calls-how convenient.

I won't lie to you; I know next to nothing about the motives behind the current crisis, all I know is that men,women,and children are dying. But there are some people out there who are using the current conflict as an opportunity to remain in the spotlight by recycling the same old stories and arguments for their benefit.

And I can't stand it anymore. Enough is f@%k!ng enough. It's one thing to keep us up to date with recent developments, it's another thing to thrive off it.

edit on 8-8-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have been quite vochal regarding the situation over there. I have to agree. I hate the pi8cking sides and ignoring the atrocities their side has commi8tted by stating its just propoganda.

Im sick of it because it is not helping.

If 2 boys are hitting each other at school, does the teacher pick a side or reprimand tham both?

We are the international community, pi8cking sides is not an option if this needs sorting out.

People on ATS are posting the same crap just to get recognition from their' team', it is sad.

Its a sad day on ATS today, lots of blame, pointing fingers at various elements in society, racism, discrimination....its all over ATS at the moment.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm kind of with you.

All the breaking news today on Kurdish Iraq...it's awful. But is it any worse than Israel/Gaza...or Ukraine/Russia? The average world citizen can do nothing about any of it. Not at all minimizing the struggles or outrages - the life and death of it. It totally pisses me off!

But there is little we can do..not a damn thing we can do. It's been raging for centuries, lives lost, treasure spent.
And our own governments routinely ignore the wishes of the citizens.

So what's the point of beating the drum over and over again to people who can't do a damn thing about it?Especially when the people with a vested interest in the region can't solve the problems?

I'm left to conclude it can only be a few options: media is the marketing end of war for profit or they are twisted purveyors of voyeurism for profit or they are simply a tool in psychological warfare.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

So what's the point of beating the drum over and over again to people who can't do a damn thing about it? Especially when the people with a vested interest in the region can't solve the problems?

I can't say for certain that some individuals have a vested interest, but I can't help feel that there are quite a few people out there that see this tragedy as an opportunity. The hash tags speak for themselves.

top topics

join