It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Time to really go to War?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: gortex

I agree but are we gonna just stand by and allow genocide?

We are in the case of the Palestinians, hell were even bankrolling it!
If the US would just stop ALL funding, this behavior would stop pretty quick.
It is never time to GO to war, especially if there are those who will not defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

move where? they have been in that area for thousands of years....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yep its time to send in the air force to back the minorities up.....Another thread recommends AC130 Gunships and that's a good plan if we get the MANPADS situation under control....
A squadron of A10s would be nice too......

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
God I wish you were right...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Your gonna have to post some kind of legitimate source if you want your thread to go anywhere man.

I agree with you and I normally do but didn't want to repost those vids. I'll look for a legit MSN source and post. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Your gonna have to post some kind of legitimate source if you want your thread to go anywhere man.

news.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's time the world left them to their own devices and let them sort it out. We don't need to be the poster child for them to hate. We have enough of that now! That's how we got into this mess to begin with. Sticking our noses where they don't belong because of oil.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: wrkn4livn

It almost seems like its time to rally the freedom-seeking humans of the world and declare war on this ideology.

I think we've learned over the years you can't declare war on an ideology , look where the war on terrorism has got us.

Sure you can.

For over 2 centuries in this country there has been a war waged by ideology.

Right versus left here.

For over 2000 years in the ME the same snip different day different century.

In the west we fight our 'war' of ideology with debate instead of bullets.

Over there in the ME that ideology is marriage made in hell of religion and politics.

Where it's ok to kill those who disagree with them.

IT's ok to behead people who disagree with them.

Make no mistake though what goes on in the ME has never been in the name of 'Allah'.

It is, and has been in the name of men. That are seeking the same thing that mankind has always sought.

Power, and control.

It is in their name only,

And their arrogance.

To presume to know what Allah wants.

To put the it into 'perspective' the fringe element over there will not be happy until the west, and it's ideology is gone.

Check the recent news today, and a spokesman for ISIS want to plant their flag over the White House.

Dark times are ahead of us.

Because most people refuse to see the truth.

They will never stop fighting.

They are 'true believers'.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: wrkn4livn

You want war you can go in first.

I'm a little old but at this point, I think I would go.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nah you're alright mate if you want war then go

Myself? My lil boy is a week old and I sure as hell don't wanna die in some sand sh!thole I wanna see him grow up in a world without all this war malarkey

Go watch a few vids on live leak of people blown and shot to bits and then have a good think about going to war

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: DarknStormy

I'm not about pointing fingers about who is wrong or right, I care about the people who are at the mercy of the crazy crazy religious crazies. No one is safe if you don't follow their ideologies and that makes for the most dangerous type of people.

They are insane. But we must also understand that we (or our governments) have been pumping these guys with everything they need since Libya. Our very own leaders need to be held accountable also for supporting those thugs. Sometimes I think our governments are more dangerous than them.

la2

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The west has a moral obligation to help those who cannot help themselves, recent history shows us that we can't just stand by and hope it turns out ok, remember Bosnia, Rwanda and The Sudan. We have the military and humanitarian capabilities to help, so why wouldn't we, under these circumstances?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Check the recent news today, and a spokesman for ISIS want to plant their flag over the White House.

Dark times are ahead of us.

How many 5th Gen Aircraft do ISIS have? More than the USA? Nope
How many Aircraft Carriers do they have? None
Nuclear submarines? None
Amphibious assault ships? None

I could go on and on but fact is they have NO projection capability's!

I think the USA is pretty safe from them planting there flag in the white house don't ya think?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think the USA is pretty safe from them planting there flag in the white house don't ya think?

Nope.

If the Battlestar Galactica 'universe' was real its equivalent would be the current administration would be Gauis Baltar on New Caprica.

And the Cylons are ISIS, and 'terrorists'.

Since the entire story line was ripped from that 'war'.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sorry but how will ISIS transport millions of troops across the Atlantic or Pacific?

Am I missing something? Have ISIS invented teleportation ? Did they suddenly build a blue water navy? Have the USA suddenly become French and will surrender?

ISIS will not be occupying DC let alone the USA!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Yes, we are. Its the way th world works. Its always been this way. But, I do share your concern over this.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I stand with you on this one - It's easy to say "hey, I think we should go to war" when you aren't the one being deployed. Just saying, as my cousins are happy to be home, and would not look forward to yet another deployment. Those saying we should go can start the trend, and sign up.

Here's the thing - although we do have a moral responsibility to help, at some point the countries need to fix the problem themselves; the more a country relies on someone, the more likely it is that the nation will fall back into old practices once we leave, because the "bad guys" know that when help is gone, the nation won't be able to solve the problem.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and ISIS will be the ones to get the majority of the Ebola pandemic.

Remember, these are my thoughts on the issue. I'm not God, so what I say is not going to be the golden standard for everyone else.

-fossilera

PS: Maybe it's just me, but when I saw a news report where ISIS members were taunting other countries, telling them to leave the drones and send in soldiers - Did anyone else picture a scene like in the first Indiana Jones, where the swordsman is showing off all his moves, and Indy's able to kill him with a single shot?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join