Is it Time to really go to War?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Recent news (check you tube) includes articles about ISIS be heading Christian children (yes, children) as well as mass executions of Christians and other non-Muslims. This sounds as bad, if not worse, than the crap Hitler pulled in the 30's and 40's. Only this behavior is not being lead by one specific person. It's more an ideology.

It almost seems like its time to rally the freedom-seeking humans of the world and declare war on this ideology.
I don't think it can be "educated" out of them but I guess we will have to wait until cars, trucks, and buses start blowing up in Manhattan. Even if, and I pray it doesn't, this doesn't happen, I don't think we're quite done with "Boots on the Ground" over there. If, and it WILL happen, more and more people are slaughtered, I'm afraid we will be going back...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Your gonna have to post some kind of legitimate source if you want your thread to go anywhere man.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

Sure it is an "ideology", but it is also driven by cultural/economic forces.

You talk of war. War is checkers, solving what makes it easy for ISIS and Al-Qaida to recruit so many followers is Chess.

Imagine yourself living in a little hell-hole in the world. Where your family has suffered for generations while your Arabian Royalty rulers and Oil barons live literally like kings. Where they rule you with an iron fist.

Imagine severe and painful poverty. Imagine being bombed and seeing family and friends blown apart for a geo-political conflict you barely care about and then realizing the cost of that single bomb that blew your sister or mother to bits could have fed your entire village for years.

You would likely despair...turn angry...turn to some deep religion as salvation...and would become numb to violence and suffering.

I am not a pacifist. Today Pres. Obama authorized air strikes against ISIS in Iraq. I think it might help, but it is checkers...short-term with the risk of perpetuating things. The middle east needs severe political and economic change and that can only come from within. Absent the USA and Russia shoveling money and advanced weaponry across the entire region, it's possible the governments of the middle east and the citizenry of the middle east would sort themselves out and evolve to a place where joining ISIS or Al-Qaida no longer seemed appealing for young men.

edit on 8-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I've seen the videos of these beheading and they are cruel and inhumane. One man converts to Islam and a man tells his men not to shoot him since he is a non muslim and shooting him is merciful. He then crudely beheads him.

The other of the many they boast on the internet, cut a mans throat(who is actually muslim) watch him bleed out and put their shoe on his face as they watch him die, shouting ALLAH AKBAR! and then they finish beheading him. another a child helps to cut off the head of a christian man.

they're a disease and after watching these savages touting the heads of minorities they beheaded with crude knives I really wanna bomb them to hell. I don't agree with war but watch the videos and you may understand my outrage.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its NEVER time to go to war!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Idealist ideas sure are a nice thought in our cruel world

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Your gonna have to post some kind of legitimate source if you want your thread to go anywhere man.

ISIS beheading Christian kids and women

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It almost seems like its time to rally the freedom-seeking humans of the world and declare war on this ideology.

I think we've learned over the years you can't declare war on an ideology , look where the war on terrorism has got us.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Oh and they actually do behead children. You can easily find videos on the internet, they brag about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree but are we gonna just stand by and allow genocide?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There was a simple solution to this problem. Stop training them and giving them the resources to go out and do this crap... Not long ago some of these ISIS pricks were freedom fighters in Libya according to your government, looks like we created another enemy for ourselves, yeah? So much for the war on Terror, we are allowing it to happen. Point the fingers at your Government and their ABC agencies.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You want war you can go in first.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

No , we need to get the countries of the region to take action and sort their own back yard out , countries like Saudi Arabia who have common ground with the Islamic State (ISIS).

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I'm sure YOUR government had their hands clean as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm sure the Saudi government is really concerned about the minorities in that area. I don't want a war I just want someone to stand up and fight back and I agree it should be a middle eastern country.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't have the stomach to watch videos, but I read the link you gave. This reminds me of the crusades--"convert or die".

I think it's time the rest of NATO gets off its fat butt and does something. We just left there for goodness sake.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We ARE at war and have been for a long time. Its funny how the word war has been redefined as "conflicts" and other such words so that they won't have to call it what it really is...WAR. It's completely ridiculous, we have troops in a foreign country firing at other troops who are armed (call them insugents, militias or whatever).

Until all our troops have been brought home, we are at war.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I'm sure YOUR government had their hands clean as well.

No, my government were and still are a pack of imbeciles and to be honest with you will follow the US government into anything like a little b**ch yet somehow think they can give Putin a spray down like we are 100ft tall and bullet proof. Our spy agency not long ago asked to train with Al-Qaeda and used the ridiculous excuse it was for surveillance purposes.

So yes, we are just as bad. Training with them was probably arming them and sending them off to Syria.
edit on 8-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm not about pointing fingers about who is wrong or right, I care about the people who are at the mercy of the crazy crazy religious crazies. No one is safe if you don't follow their ideologies and that makes for the most dangerous type of people.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
gee,think about it....you're a christian living in a third world country that hates you.You have lived thru 3 or 4 wars,both sides wanting to kill you...and you still live there?? I'm not sending anyone to war,if the people they are defending are too stupid to move!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join