It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Prepares To Impose Russian Gas Transit Ban, Commit Economic Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Who will pay the price ?

The ordinary European, Ukrainian and Russian...this is about world domination for the next 100 years, they just see it as collateral damage...the elite doesn`t pay, so they don`t care.

True which is the whole point of the Ukrainian sanctions. I do believe though that the priority of these sanctions are more to leverage Europe's politicians, NATO and the IMF into providing more support to Ukraine.

While the Ukraine sanctions won't help Russia it will have less impact on them than it will Europe.

As you say though, it's the ordinary citizens who will suffer more than the elite. Isn't that the way these things always go?

Kiev knows it`s not going to be let down by US, so they can play this game. But confining Russia is also a huge policy for US.

Brzezinski mapped out the battle for Ukraine in 1997

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So the US will back Ukraine and like Nuland said F%@# the EU ..Well that may not set well with the people in the EU . a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
So the US will back Ukraine and like Nuland said F%@# the EU ..Well that may not set well with the people in the EU . a reply to: BornAgainAlien

...only problem is, EU politicians don`t back their people either.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Kiev knows it`s not going to be let down by US, so they can play this game. But confining Russia is also a huge policy for US.

That won't matter if the EU sanctions coalition falls apart as it seems now to be doing. Austria has already thumbed their nose at Brussels and now Greece appears to have had enough. Even Germany is getting wobbly due to the economic backlash.

"Stop Putin" Coalition Cracking: Greece Laments "Blind Obedience To Cold War Strategies Of Brussels And Washington"

Guess we'll see if Europe will decide o take the fall for the US anti-Russian crusade. I'm going to hazard a guess they won't.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would think the pressure from some of the sane politicians considering the Ukraine joining the EU have to factor into the purse strings just what the cost will be .Bad enough that they have to go along with some of the US sanctions which will have some hurt for them and then the Russian sanctions that look like are going to hurt quite a bit to now the Ukraine sanctions that will just cripple the EU .Maybe it's all about making the people to go to war .Sad state of affairs if you ask me ... a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

That won't matter if the EU sanctions coalition falls apart as it seems now to be doing. Austria has already thumbed their nose at Brussels and now Greece appears to have had enough. Even Germany is getting wobbly due to the economic backlash.

"Stop Putin" Coalition Cracking: Greece Laments "Blind Obedience To Cold War Strategies Of Brussels And Washington"

Guess we'll see if Europe will decide o take the fall for the US anti-Russian crusade. I'm going to hazard a guess they won't.

I hope so, but I fear what the sociopaths are going to do if this fails too.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

now the Ukraine sanctions that will just cripple the EU

I think you got the right descriptor there, "cripple" being the operative word. This could actually push an already struggling EU into another recession. That's sure going to make people happy for the upcoming elections.

Maybe we can get Victory Nuland to spout one of her famous "F@#! the EU'' lines at them again to boost solidarity with the US.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Threatening to cut off the transport of Russia's gas pipelines as "sanctions" against Russia because they are "sponsoring terror."

And you see a problem with that?

Why would Ukraine help Russia make money when they are backing the group fighting the government in Ukraine?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is the Ukraine that is turning it's back on Russia and turning for support from the EU so if they are not going to bring $$ to the table which seems to have been the case and it doesn't look like they will be adding anything positive in the future then the EU would be nuts to support a country that will add to the cost of doing business . It's like bringing a fellow country man home who has a bad case of Ebola .How is it going to effect the rest of the population . Ukraine couldn't pay their own way before and by the looks of it they will be a big financial burden to the EU and will not offer any security to the whole of the EU .. a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And you see a problem with that?

Why would Ukraine help Russia make money when they are backing the group fighting the government in Ukraine?

Actually yes as this will most likely hurt the Ukrainian people the most. From the article:

Ukraine will destroy its economy, incurring $7 billion in costs, just to spite Gazprom and force Europe as leverage and to escalate the conflict

Like I said Kiev is acting like the Sheriff from Blazing Saddles,
    "Don't come any closer or I'll shoot myself."

Looks like the last move of desperation to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

So Ukraines new government who came to power through murder on the streets of kiev

And you can thank Mr.Yanukovich for the murder on Kiev streets.

Also know the one who made the call to shoot was Yanukovich which is why he is wanted for murder in Ukraine.

(Reuters) - Ukraine's fugitive president was indicted for "mass murder" on Monday over the shooting of demonstrators as new leaders in Kiev sought urgent Western aid to make up for a loss of funding from Russia, which is angry at the overthrow of its ally.

www.reuters.com...

Won't they lose all EU support,allowing Russia to stomp them?

I am pretty sure the EU knows about this and this won't make them lose support...mainly because of this...

On Monday, Saudi Arabia's oil minister said that the country would step in to cover any possible shortage occasioned by the Ukrainian crisis.

oilpro.com...

And how is Russia going to stomp them, because the only way would be an all out invasion of Ukraine and I don't think Putin is ready to do that.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This would also speak volumes when you consider the BRIC's nations and emerging markets .On one hand if India,China and the others are wanting to do more business then the EU's ability to grow is a big question mark .The EU will not be in a position to do more business but will struggle to not fall apart .They need the energy to produce and without the production they have nothing to trade . a reply to: Bassago

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Actually yes as this will most likely hurt the Ukrainian people the most.

It will actually help, especially if the start getting their oil from elsewhere and that can happen as Russia isn't the only country producing oil that can cover the loss of Russian oil.

And all Russia has to do is stop the games they are playing with the separatists, and just be happy you have Crimea for now.

Looks like the last move of desperation to me.

Not desperation, but a bargaining chip. You see they want the pro Russians to end this war they are waging and Russia to quit arming them and until this happens this is what they have to deal with.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Mr.Yanukovich had agreed to have early elections and use the older constitution .The snipers on the protesters were or could very well have been Blackwater mercenaries operation out of the motel that was controlled by the Nazi's that were acting like agent provocateurs .The phone intercept made that suggestion and as of yet there has not been a good investigation but a statement from Kiev and probably the ones that cause both the protesters and police to be shot . ETA

edit on 8-8-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Not desperation, but a bargaining chip.

Fair enough, call it what you will. You say potato I say potato.

just be happy you have Crimea for now.

Me?? I don't have anything let alone Crimea. What's that have to do with the topic anyway?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Fair enough, call it what you will. You say potato I say potato.

Don't get me wrong it will hurt the people of Ukraine, but because of the circumstances there are more than enough countries that are willing to help them any way they can.

Me?? I don't have anything let alone Crimea. What's that have to do with the topic anyway?

Where do you think Crimea get's it's oil from...the pipeline in Ukraine. And the fact that Russia has made it theirs and they can't supply them the oil they need only helps Ukraine in the end if they decide to go elsewhere for their needs.

Crimea is going to need some of what Ukraine will have and Russia can't supply.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If any one wanting to help Ukraine considers their ability to pay then it may be only wishful thinking . Russia cut of their gas because they were into them for Billions and couldn't pay .I am sure the Saudi's are willing to give away their oil .Yea sure .. a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Crimea is going to need some of what Ukraine will have and Russia can't supply.

I believe Russia is already working on a new pipeline to Crimea. Either way they'll deal with it. My question was why did you make it about me personally. I have no stake in Crimea.

Anyway looks like the coalition of the unwilling is starting to crack in Germany now as well.

Gabor Steingart, the chief editor of Handelsblatt, Germany's leading economic newspaper, came out with a stunning op-ed, in German, English and Russian, titled simply that "The West on the wrong path" in which the editor comes out very vocally against the autopilot mode German media has been on for the past several months and calls for an end to a strategy of sanctions and Russian confrontation that ultimately "harms German interests" and is a dead end.

German Handelsblatt Releases Stunning Anti-West Op-Ed, Asks If "West Rabble-Rousers Are On The Payroll Of The KGB"

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The snipers on the protesters were or could very well have been Blackwater mercenaries operation out of the motel that was controlled by the Nazi's that were acting like agent provocateurs .

How can they be from a company that is no longer in business?

And exactly what Nazi's are you talking about?

.The phone intercept made that suggestion and as of yet there has not been a good investigation but a statement from Kiev and probably the ones that cause both the protesters and police to be shot . ETA

Now I find this kind of funny that when the phone intercepts that caught the separatists discussing the downing of MH 17 was edited and here you give us a video that uses the same tactic.

Look this video is a one sided puff piece as it says Svoboda is connected to a group that was loosely allied to Nazi Germany. Well hate to burst that bubble but so was Russia,.

That is as far as I am going to go into that video as all it will do is cause this to go off topic, but that video seems to make it's way into Ukraine threads and it is not the truth, but one man's opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

My question was why did you make it about me personally. I have no stake in Crimea.

It was not meant to be aimed at you, but what Ukraine should say to Russia once they end this conflict.

I didn't think it came out that way...Sorry about that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join