It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hamas fires first

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
well , here we go again . the 72 hour cease-fire was ended when 45 rockets were launched from Gaza into Israel . Once again Hamas does not want peace, if there was peace there would be no need for Hamas

Israel carries out strikes on Gaza after rocket fire resumes

At least 45 rockets were fired at Israel after the cease-fire expired Friday morning, the Israel Defense Forces said. Most of the rockets hit unpopulated areas, but one moderately injured a civilian and lightly injured a soldier, the IDF said.

I hope the people of Palestine get tired of this and get rid of Hamas so there can be a lasting peace in the region

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jed001
well , here we go again . the 72 hour cease-fire was ended when 45 rockets were launched from Gaza into Israel . Once again Hamas does not want peace, if there was peace there would be no need for Hamas

At least 45 rockets were fired at Israel after the cease-fire expired Friday morning, the Israel Defense Forces said. Most of the rockets hit unpopulated areas, but one moderately injured a civilian and lightly injured a soldier, the IDF said.

I hope the people of Palestine get tired of this and get rid of Hamas so there can be a lasting peace in the region

Did Hamas really fire the rockets, are Hamas a construct of the IDF or was it IDF plants that were used to "kick the can" further down the road. I mean seriously, now that the Palestinians are down to about 2% of the original land that they lived on, they should be very happy. Even happier when Israel cuts that in half as well and kills another 25% of them crowding them into an even smaller concentration camp.

Guess what, we are all tired of this. Disarm Hamas (whomever) and disarm Israel and make the area some kind of global protectorate. That way if anyone attacks the area, everyone bitchslaps the attackers.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/8.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
But.... But.... But.... Hamas can't fire first - because that goes totally against what the blind leftist followers have been touting for weeks now.

Can we not twist the truth to better match up to flawed ideals?

When Israel starts attacking back, and Hamas puts citizens in the line of fire - can we still blame Israel?

What can we do to turn this on Israel?

......Note: Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

edit on 8-8-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jed001

Nullify the grant of the State of Israel and declare it a failed experiment.

If the UN and the world had known 1/10 of what they would do with their "State" they would have never been offered the stolen territory in the first place.

Their prophesy's are not worth the smelly scroll they are written on. Their God is clearly impotent. Evil humans are running the show.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, really...is anyone actually surprised? Hamas is a terrorist organization (just ask the U.S. government)...they don't want peace or coexistence; they want to "obliterate Israel" and "Kill every Jew".
Hard to seriously negotiate anything with people like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Well, really...is anyone actually surprised? Hamas is a terrorist organization (just ask the U.S. government)...they don't want peace or coexistence; they want to "obliterate Israel" and "Kill every Jew".
Hard to seriously negotiate anything with people like that.

Well - unfortunately the government does know they are an evil organization, but still sides with them anyway over the nation that is truly the victim - both through violence and political machinations.

Lean a little to the left

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I do agree that Israel is a failed state however with the discovery of oil off the Gazan coast and the fast demolition of homes, businesses and infrastructure Israel has managed along side a cull of children etc, I suspect Israel will get her hands on her oil without any messy Palestinians getting in the way and slowly, if she can persuade all her citizens to pay their taxes and dues etc which will be something to see, she might climb into a self-sufficient state. Lets face it she has pretty much sucked the financial benefit of the USA dry and once its n o lon ger any use to her, her dual passport holders will hop-it home to Israel.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not one rocket from Hamas has landed killing Israelis, why the need from the IDF to obliterate the area. Why can't they just keep shooting down Hamas rockets while they scream for everyone else in the world to help and do something about Hamas. It's no secret Hamas can't hit anything even when they try. That is why this whole incident is about something that isn't being talked about in the MSM.
That's my issue with Israel, they have and are OVERREACTING, which in itself isn't bad but when people are killed as a result, they should only expect to be persecuted for it.
As for Hamas they should be treated as harshly as the IDF and Israel, if not worse! As it stands now, I see the entire area of the middle east as separate groups of terrorist organizations - IDF and all, some just have more powerful friends on their sides.
And when the entire middle east all goes up in flames, I will watch it on CNN and wait patiently for it to start here too!
edit on 8/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jed001

Wrong.. but facts dont matter to those with an agenda. Only 2 rockets were fired prior to the end of the ceasefire and there is no evidence it was hamas. There are aeveral militant groups with access to rockets and even israel admitted on ynet that they didnt know if it was hamas and that hamas didnt claim responsibility.

So no.. there is no evidence at all that the ceasefire was violated. I gyess you think hamas waited 68 of the 72 hours? Theres a reason why the significant volleys didnt begin until after the ceasefire ended.

Alsk Israel created Hamas, so dont expect peace ever until Israel ends the genocide and returns some land instead of continuing to steal it.

edit on 8-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Nullify the grant of the State of Israel and declare it a failed experiment.

If the UN and the world had known 1/10 of what they would do with their "State" they would have never been offered the stolen territory in the first place.

Their prophesy's are not worth the smelly scroll they are written on. Their God is clearly impotent. Evil humans are running the show.

While I may not agree with anything you said, I appreciate the honesty and candor. Perhaps if more stopped hiding behind PC phrases and were more honest, true dialogue could start.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I try to refrain from these threads as it seems pointless.

The entire thing is so stupid.

Hamas should stop firing rockets and diplomatic discussions, involving a mediator if necessary put in place to sort the mess that is Israel / Palestine.

It is obvious that Hamas aren't capable of controlling themselves or behaving with scruples when their ways of hiding in communities and using kids became known.

It is also obvious Israel won't stop reacting to the rockets.

Therefore every time Hamas sends a rocket Israel will send bigger and better, trashing entire buildings and neighbourhoods.

If it continues like that , and I hope it doesn't, Palestinian obliteration would be within months.

For their own sake, Hamas needs to stop the rockets, first and foremost.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

What can we do to turn this on Israel?

They'll think of something.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Israel is a failed state?

It is the most prosperous country in the middle east for Jews, Muslims, and Christians, and the only thriving democracy.

This argument that Israel is the cause of conflict in the region is getting old. Radical Muslims would be more than happy to slaughter moderate Muslims and Christians even if the State Of Israel didn't exist.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You know what I find to be EXTREMELY odd about this whole thing? Why do these 'rockets' never seem to hit anything important? You'd think that statistically speaking, that they'd aim for actual places of interest? Why 'rockets' to begin with? There are many many more effective IED's out there if they just wanted to kill people. Logic dictates that there is a reason why these so-called rocket attacks never really do that much damage, and it's probably because they aren't supposed to. Let that roll around your heads for a bit.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Finally one person out of 6,000,000,000 figures it out!

You my friend win a prize.

Unfortunately you have to go to Gaza to pick it up!
edit on 8/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

so, isreal is firing on themselves to continue the fighting , Hamas is really IDF , i have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you are interested

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

who stole what territory, i read that the whole area belonged to the Brits right after WWII and they gave the initial land to Israel

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

i think Israel has to react harsh to any attack , if they let one attack happen without any retaliation then all of the other terrorist groups in the area will see if they can also attack without any reprisal

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
interesting point ,i am not sure what the capability of the rockets are or how well Hamas is trained to fire them . if all they can do is point and shoot you are going to miss more than you are going to hit anything

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So, then, why is Iran giving Hamas those rockets...If they're not using them to hit anything?
The fact is that their rockets are ineffectual due to the Iron Dome defense system.

Additionally, the rockets are being used as a propaganda tool to launch from sites shielded by innocent Palestinian civilians; in the hopes that retaliation by Israel results in civilian casualties.

Let's not forget the massive tunnel system Hamas constructed into Israel...in order to launch terrorist raids.
Much of the Palestinian economy has been stolen and wasted in order to create these tunnels.

Hamas is no friend to the Palestinian people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join