It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Allows Limited Airstrikes on ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

President Obama on Thursday announced he had authorized limited airstrikes against Islamic militants in Iraq, scrambling to avert the fall of the Kurdish capital, Erbil, and returning the United States to a significant battlefield role in Iraq for the first time since the last American soldier left the country at the end of 2011.

Speaking at the White House on Thursday night, Mr. Obama also said that American military aircraft had dropped food and water to tens of thousands of Iraqis trapped on a barren mountain range in northwestern Iraq, having fled the militants, from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, who threaten them with what Mr. Obama called “genocide.”

“Earlier this week, one Iraqi cried that there is no one coming to help,” Mr

Obama Allows Limited Airstrikes on ISIS

I'm glad to see that we're at least making a humanitarian effort to provide much needed support to all of the innocent people who've been caught in the crossfire. What I'm curious about now, though, is how are we going to determine and ONLY airstrike ISIS? I don't know a ton about the subject, but I thought ISIS was almost an abstract term that included multiple groups of people spread throughout. I don't see how an airstrike could ONLY affect the bad guys and not cause more collateral damage.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

I watched his speech last night, and thought, Okay, good. Still it's the first step into the gates of war, but, at least we are trying to do "some good".
Then I thought, Why are we not reporting on what Everyone one else IS NOT Doing, or Is Doing? Are we alone in this? France? Aussies? Japan? Anyone Will Do. It seem to Me that the Russia & China are In Cahoots, while we can't even get on board with Canada and well....F any plans to work with Mexico or The Southern Region for that matter.-Argentina going bankrupt and stuff.

American gives and gives, makes treaties that, in the short term seem great, but in the long run bite us in the arse because the other side that signed will be like, Hey! You broke your treaty, so now we hate you for everything you did to make us recover and prosper, now go F-urself.

Why is one side of the world seeming to Fair better than ours? wtf moments.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ahh.. different article title, my mistake.

Mods if necessary, you can feel free to close this thread down.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Very good point, I'm curious as well. Who else is coming to help? I didn't even hear a whiff of NATO thrown out regarding this yet either.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

I moved my post to the existing ongoing thread btw. thanks for agreeing to my point of view.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My mistake.

edit on 8-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
What I'm curious about now, though, is how are we going to determine and ONLY airstrike ISIS? I don't know a ton about the subject, but I thought ISIS was almost an abstract term that included multiple groups of people spread throughout. I don't see how an airstrike could ONLY affect the bad guys and not cause more collateral damage.

You got to factor in "intelligence" and laser targeting...

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Why is one side of the world seeming to Fair better than ours?

Some say when your taking care of your business you will get hated on for doing so... Perhaps this is a cause SirKonstantin.

Hopefully some peace can be made in that region for the people there (they deserve it), with the mirrored responses to the projected evol-ignorances demonstrated from Certain unbalanced groups...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The way we need to take care of business is focusing on ourselves.

I wonder what would happen if we just said F-Everyone Else and Spent all that money towards border control & defensive set-ups in place to have less men in harms way (heat detecting laser locking tec with sub silencer machine rail guns for both land and air), cleaner energy (cleaner environment), renew-able resources development (sustainable economy), Research and development of viruses, etc. for only Americans (maybe people outside with special interests, but deff everyone within the boarders)(and no biological control evil-ness attached to it) , Allow free womens choice abortions, kill the condemn killers OR kick them out of the State( i give 2 choices). With this in place, health care would never be an issue because we are ensuring the survival and population control of USA.
Did i miss anything? I kept it all in a general sense to understand where i was heading.
We wouldn't need to rely on others.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the extremely limited airstrikes upon the genocide focused IS-Jihadi will be more bark-than-bite

already pointed out is how to identify the Caliphate Jihadist Perps. from the Kurds or Peshmerga...
or even from the besieged non-Sunni & Christians, who are on the ISIS Death List to be beheaded, crucified. or just head shot in mass graves

I seriously doubt the WH occupier will build up a Intel of ISIS troop distribution to be attacked by manned aircraft...

this whole operation is suited for UAV recon & drone attacks on company sized squads of the ISIS Death Merchants, but I doubt the chief of the military will rain death on his radical Muslims, or rain on the Saudi/Qatar smugness in destroying the Shia led Iraq by their proxy army called ISIS

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I hear what your saying SirKonstantin,
Hypothesize if say there was SOLsystem war(s) & VENUS was responsible for EA*RTH and other planet protections Because they felt it was right to do so with the technology and intelligence they have and decided to turn their back on EA*RTH and other planets (only protecting themselves allowing some rouge moon/planets opportunity to do anything they wished with those unprotected).

You would possibly feel bad as a EA*RTH inhabitant being attacked from rouge moon/planet forces especially when seeing VENUS inhabitants thrive "only" why the rest of the SOL system fell apart.
Also if you knew the rest of the SOLsystem and you REALLY counted on VENUS but cried about their ways a lot but knew when it came down to it w/o VENUS many would parish faster then already from rouge attacks abroad. Would you an EA*RTH being (in secret be extremely thankful) for VENUS support even if you followed the crowd with open social attacks, attacking them for their deeds that helped the crowd to even be able to speak their SOLsystem mindstates?

So since VENUS has the tech & intelligence they support and Provide Services To Others who may appear not to appreciate them but STILL need them...
At least the Venesiuns KNOW they are doing their best to help and can find comfort knowing that when others complain about their presence and responses abroad...

So let VENUS protect itself ONLY and allow EA*RTH and other planets/moons the opportunity to deal with what happens outside their influence abroad.

Eventually the rouges may take over the SOLsystem and re-form into a powerful adversary of VENUS once they have conquered the unprotected interest within the SOLsystem.

And now VENUS has to activate unknown technologies in response that may destroy the SOLsystem in maximum response to the attackers who conquered the unprotected moons/planets...

Its not always easy to LEAD the way or LIGHT the path nor is it impossible

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Thanks BoneZ :-D

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yes, more "surgery" (preformed with bombs), to "save the children"…

in Iraq.

Cues the choir chorus…

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Damn, that was well written perspective. So I understand this situation much better. How about we just do the bare minimum, and not get into their political government stuff? or Is that still the Same Mind-set?

What would you suggest?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Seems logical its SPECIES support when you get down to it.
I am kind of forbidden as of now to get deep into these political agendas globally but I am granted to communicate about the destruction causes abroad of the/a SPECIES...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

lol... I am certain we are all the same species...

I checked though, just to be certain.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Just like ALL* being different perspectives of the same source just being perceived through different/lenses-prisms

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Well you certainly are an interesting one. .....granted.....

Some Species Just Can't Work Together. Universal Love Will Be Achieved After a Massive Purge (that i hope to survive to see and be apart of). It's Easier to Achieve Common Ground With a Small Group and Lay Down the Ground Rules For Love & Prosperity.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Generally speaking i am against violence. However, ISIS really do not appear to have any redeeming features - even Sunni's don't like them and yet ISIS allegedly represent Sunni's (at least according to ISIS). Given that China and Russia also have serious problems with Islamic fundamentalists, i do not really know why a more proactive campaign to eradicate them isn't pursued.

Why only limited airstrikes? Why not allow the use of MOAB's to destroy entire columns of thousands at a time? This viewpoint really doesn't sit too well with me given my usual nature but really, what purpose do ISIS actually serve? Would the world be a better place without them? In short, yes.

Complete annihilation would also send a very strong message out, particularly if that action was taken with Russian and Chinese backing, which is certainly possible given their own problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join