It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia trying to start another Cold War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Alright well maybe not another Cold War but what are they really up too? I was talking to a friend and he brought up a few good points that I never really took into account.

- In Ukraine Yunokovich was endorsed by Putin.
Trying to set up some Soviet supported states
Also there is a Pro-Russian faction of Ukraine in the east

- Putin told us that Iraq was planning attacks and had WMD's
The Iraqis use many Soviet made weapons and now we are stuck in a quag with the Iraqis making us busy for a very long time. Now Putin is going around trying to rebuild a Soviet Empire while we are busy with Islamists.

it just seems to me that this guy whos a Ukranian extension of Russian gangterism wins an elextion and gets Putins blessing. Putin was the head of the FSB and he was also a KGB spy. It just seems like a classic example of something a KGB thug would do.

Whats your take on this? It could be a way wild thought but now it bugs me to hell.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ermm...im not too sure of the Russain. Yeah, they can be trusted, but of course we have to watch them. With the Pro-Russian east of Ukraine stating it would split if Yunokovich was removed from office and replaced, some sources stated that it would join the Russian federation.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes, after having millions of their people killed by the great leader of the Soviet Union, Josef Stalin, their economy reduced to rubble, mass deformities caused by Societ lack of nuclear knowledge, they are willing to give it another shot.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Russia cant afford another cold war not enough cash left.
It kind of makes sense that Putin would want to built a wall of Pro Russian countries to the west of Russia. Perhaps Putin has a vison of a political curtain rather then a iron curtain.
Isnt Poland pro U.S ?
Weather or not Putin messed with the Ukraine election to get the result he wanted is a more suspect question.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Putin wants Russia to be great again but i think he realized that they will never get the cold war thing back. Russia can become extremely powerful again but so powerful as to start Cold War 2, no way.

new topics

top topics

join