It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli special forces DID fight on Iraq in 1991 !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

While it was never officially admitted, several Israeli Defense Force (IDF) elite Special Forces (SF) teams took active yet covert part in the Desert Storm campaign, Persian Gulf, 1991......

......The Israeli SF teams were to deploy at an absolute covert manner, without any interface what so ever with other coalition forces and without any trace that may identify them as Israeli.

Shortly after the U.S. permission was granted few teams from several different SF units were inserted to the area by CH53 transport helicopters and the operation began.......

.......Since the very presence of the Israeli teams in the area was highly classified, no air assets could be called upon for bombardment or support, and insertion/extraction as well supply flights were very complex and long. In one incident an IAF CH53 leading Israeli operators to Iraq was almost shot down by American fighter jets unaware of its identity.

FOR THE REST CLICK HERE

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I read a novel on these guys a few yrs back, lets just say they are Isreals SEAL Team. Pretty high speed guys, I would love to do a cross train with them sometime.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Did anyone else see the story on Hungaria/Polish SpecOps involved in the Iraqui invasion? Drudge posted a pic showing Hungarian special forces in the port city, along with a story on it, but it was quickly yanked.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Did anyone else see the story on Hungaria/Polish SpecOps involved in the Iraqui invasion? Drudge posted a pic showing Hungarian special forces in the port city, along with a story on it, but it was quickly yanked.

I haven't heard about that Dragon, but I'll see if i can dig up some information on them.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Given they were formally under attack I would not be suprised, Isreal is afraid of no one and does not care what other people think.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
great find MS, thanks for the u2u message aobut this thread.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yep, thank for your u2u MS.

But I don't understand why it was necessary to have IAF SF teams in that war. Also, it was politicaly too much dangerous for Israel and the Allieds.

top topics

join