It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF Whistleblower Who Posted ‘Israeli Troops Killed Gaza Civilians in Revenge,’ Now Under Arrest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Eran Efrati is now under arrest by Israeli authorities for his comments made earlier this week about the illegal killing of civilians in Gaza by IDF members. He had been informed by the IDF that the reason of the massacre in Shuja’iyya which had been carried out a week earlier was revenenge for the deaths of soliders in there units.

Soldiers in two different units inside Gaza leaked information about the murdering of Palestinians by sniper fire in Shuja’iyya neighborhood as punishment for the death of soldiers in their units. After the shooting on the Israeli armored personnel carriers, which killed seven soldiers of the Golani Brigade, the Israeli army carried out a massacre in Shuja’iyya neighborhood. A day after the massacre, many Palestinians came to search for their relatives and their families in the rubble. In one of the videos uploaded to YouTube, a young Palestinian man Salem Shammaly calls the names of his family and looking for them between the ruins when he is suddenly shot at in his chest and falls down. A few seconds after that, there are two additional shootings from snipers into his body, killing him instantly. Since the video was released, there was no official response from the IDF spokesperson.

countercurrentnews.com...

If these claims hold true then this man just like Snowden deserves a medal..

purp..

edit on 8-8-2014 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
ICC better start handling business....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Both Hamas and the Isreali govt need to be prosecuted for war crimes.

Both of them, no taking sides. We cannot legitimise either sides murders.

Taking sides in this conflict is the same as making excuses for murder. It needs to stop.

The Isreali soldier did the right thing exposing this. Would be cool is someone from Hamas did the same (exposing their crimes against Palestinians). We could get the ball moving towards some kind of deal. If it stays one sided, it will never stop as the other side will feel victimised and will not want that.
edit on 8-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

If 2 kids are hitting each other in the playground, should the teacher take sides or reprimand them both equally?
edit on 8-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of Kiev....no they were shot by their own snipers....still,...
I guess my point is that life seems pretty cheap all over....these days...
I am appalled, but no longer surprised by the shooting or the arrest....everyone needs a scapegoat and its somebody elses turn....
It just doesn't seem to ever stop......

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I have no doubt that Israeli solduers have done this, but I saw that vudeo and I thought it was a bit suspect. Impossible to prive either way really though.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

Taking sides in this conflict is the same as making excuses for murder. It needs to stop.

The Isreali soldier did the right thing exposing this. Would be cool is someone from Hamas did the same (exposing their crimes against Palestinians). We could get the ball moving towards some kind of deal. If it stays one sided, it will never stop as the other side will feel victimised and will not want that.

If 2 kids are hitting each other in the playground, should the teacher take sides or reprimand them both equally?

Both...

BUT... where we again and again see / hear Palestinians who aren't really too keen on the work of Hamas, you will however find that 85% of the Israeli population actually agrees with Netanyahu.

So the Palestinians are people who just want to live any peace, like any other rational being and the majority of the Israelis are people who think that ALL Palestinians should be punish for the wrong doings of Hamas.

So it's not really a case of kid vs kid, but more of one group of kids facing another group of kids.
One kid from each group steps forward and hits each other. However the first group doesn't really like what they see and are maybe saying "please stop... stop that fighting" and the other group is say "look at them.... lets kick their ass because their "friend" is hitting our friend."

Who is the wrong doers then and who should the teacher punish?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

In a conflict (I don't call it a war because one side cannot wage a legitimate war) you are likely going to lose soldiers especially when it is a ground assault. To turn around and attack civilians on purpose and for means of revenge is nothing more that gutless and the cowards who can find a way to justify these actions need to be brought to justice, not the man exposing them for their disgusting actions.

It's sort of like me and my next door neighbor getting into a fight and then I confront the guy across the road and hit him for something he didn't do in the first place.. The logic is ridiculous and I'd hate to have the mindsets of some of these people we continue to hear about.
edit on 8-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

Both for war crimes?
I could see pressing charges against israel for war crimes, but hamas is only guilty of attempted murder.
Killing invading soldiers is just fine by me as they are invading and all.
Similar to someone breaking into your house looking to kill you, kill them first hopefully.
This whistleblowing soldier is only looking out for his nation as he apparently sees a crime, too bad all soldiers did not have a conscience.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I would hope to see some of these solderers held to account for their actions. I cannot see that happening in the near future though..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

In a conflict you are likely going to lose soldiers especially when it is a ground assault. To turn around and attack civilians on purpose and for means of revenge is nothing more that gutless and the cowards who can find a way to justify these actions need to be brought to justice, not the man exposing them for their disgusting actions.

Yes, Israel is showing it's true colors. War crimes, propaganda and nazi-style imprisonment for ppl who criticize them.

They have gone down a few pegs in my mind as respectable countries.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oh the fake sniper story again, been debunked a kabillion times already.

It's good they got the perpetrator.

Hoax bin

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Hoax bin

Revenge attacks by Israel are a Hoax? What about the children who were gunned down when the IDF were raiding Palestinian homes after the Israeli teens went missing? They are revenge killings. This doesn't even come close to a Hoax.

(post by samsamm9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So much for Israel investigating the video. I guess we all knew they were not going to.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh the fake sniper story again, been debunked a kabillion times already. It's good they got the perpetrator. Hoax bin

If you have a real reason for calling this a hoax please let me know and I will have the thread moved. But until such times this is worthy of investigation. People have died and if this is the cause of some of the deaths then it needs to be know.

purp..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

Good question.
If one kid is known to be a bully and has been know to be violent in the past, maybe that kid should be reprimanded.
The other kids DON'T have to live through that and should be separated from an aggressive child who deeply believes he's superior to everyone and because of his "supposed" superiority, is allowed to respond with as much violence as he wants.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hoax bin

Pot meet kettle.

I find it deeply amusing that you go on these tirades when you yourself have been caught posting propaganda, and have had two of your own threads debunked and chucked into the hoax bin.

Instead of posting a pointless comment, why not provide information as to why the incident is a hoax?

My personal opinion on the matter is that any revenge killings could be possible. Additionally, the arrest of any whistleblower or activist is not out of question. Many in the Israeli government have called for the arrest of Gideon Levy, and Israeli journalist, simply for speaking his mind.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing purp...

Now these warcrimes have been uncovered. Lets see if anything is done about it... If I was to make an educated guess, then nothing will change. Everything will carry on regardless...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hoax bin

I originally posted the sniper story and there was no debunking of it. Perhaps you can show were it was debunked. Here is the link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Thanks for that Buster. I was not really aware of this story. Will have a read now..

purp..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join