It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza ceasefire expires, conflict continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The ceasefire has ended in 8am Jerusalem time, and immediately afterward rockets have been launched towards Israeli cities of Ashkelon and Ashdod, ending a truce of 72 hours between the two sides.
Source

Hamas refused to prolong the ceasefire as no agreements have been reached between the two sides in Cairo, Israel is expected to retaliate for the rocket attacks.

Please let's try to keep up a civil thread with simple news and updates, no propaganda, k? I know it's hard, but i'm sure we can do it. Or at least try to.

Stay objective and informed.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

The non biased counterpart to the "Gaza murders ceasefire, rains chinese lanterns down on Israel like the Devil's hellfire. Half IDF presumed kidnapped." thread.
edit on 8-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Exactly.

I don't know if people are in fact interesting in objective & propaganda-free news in Gaza conflict, there's too much name-shouting and hatred going on... Surprisingly even among people who are far far away from the conflict.

People are too much emotionally invested to try and see both sides of the story.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sorry I was doing god's work in the biased thread. You have my flag, but good luck not sensationalizing.

Ive tried that with a few threads.. they rarely make it.

Reason being people get stuck arguing and extend a thread forever rather than discussing the topic. Others just pick the longer thread thinking it gas the most info when in reality its the most fighting.
edit on 8-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
From OPs source, info you wont see repeated in the biased thread that hase blamed Hamas for two pre ceasefire rockets and claimed they broke the ceasedire (when in all likelihood Hamas did not - 2 lonely rockets in the 68th hour of a 72 hour ceasefire isnt their style).

Two rockets fired from Gaza landed in open areas in Eshkol Regional Council earlier on Friday at 4 am, hours ahead of the expiration of the 72-hour ceasefire that ended a month of violence, the IDF said.  The rockets fell in an open area in southern Israel and caused no casualties, it added. There has been no immediate Israeli response. No one claimed responsibility for the rockets and it was not clear if it was Hamas that had fired them. There are a number of militant groups in the crowded territory that operate outside the control of Hamas with rockets of their own. 

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
From OPs source, info you wont see repeated in the biased thread that hase blamed Hamas for two pre ceasefire rockets and claimed they broke the ceasedire (when in all likelihood Hamas did not - 2 lonely rockets in the 68th hour of a 72 hour ceasefire isnt their style).

Two rockets fired from Gaza landed in open areas in Eshkol Regional Council earlier on Friday at 4 am, hours ahead of the expiration of the 72-hour ceasefire that ended a month of violence, the IDF said.  The rockets fell in an open area in southern Israel and caused no casualties, it added. There has been no immediate Israeli response. No one claimed responsibility for the rockets and it was not clear if it was Hamas that had fired them. There are a number of militant groups in the crowded territory that operate outside the control of Hamas with rockets of their own. 

What if..... Israel discretely pays off individuals which are in Gaza to fire these rockets, so that they can then say... Oh! they fired on us, now we can justifiably level 1,000 square feet around the area the rocket came from... ? and would it even be a surprise if it turned out they did..?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The ceasefire has ended in 8am Jerusalem time, and immediately afterward rockets have been launched towards Israeli cities of Ashkelon and Ashdod, ending a truce of 72 hours between the two sides.

So which is it?

It was being called a truce until the "truce" period expired. Now its back to calling it the end of the "Cease Fire"?

There was neither.

As long as Israel refuses to allow these people out of their prison there will be no agreement. Regardless of how the western mean stream paints it, this is one of the great injustices currently taking place in the world.

The media in the west is focused on the Russians (who haven't done anything), the thirsty children on a hill top is being used to restart a bombing campaign in Iraq and the best we can do about the Evil Gazans is let Israel return to pound the rubble there with Impunity.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

Honestly, its the one place where I think all possibilities are equally realistic.

I kinda doubt Hamas waited 68 hours to violate the ceasefire but they couldve. Couldve been random militants. Couldve been Israeli/mossad supported militants, could just be a media fabrication that it happened before the official end of the ceasefire.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Do you know what? This whole thing in Gaza is diabolical. I think the children should be taken away from their parents, taken to another part of the ME or elsewhere and bought up differently. Leave the rest of them to fight it out and kill eachother over there stupid childish arguments!

I think this would be the best thing to happen because otherwise it will just continue going round in circles anyway with more children being killed.

Get rid of the Religious Motivations and you get rid of the War! Or just get rid of that Religion.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Where's the evidence that rockets were fired from Gaza? Is it just Israels word or is there evidence? I really would like to see it. Business as usual. But hey!! At least now the news medias will shift peoples focus away from that and on ISIS in Iraq!!

top topics

join