It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you consider yourself to be an animal lover, and you eat meat, you are a hypocrite.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Night Star
I wonder how many vegetarians are wearing leather and suede belts, boots, shoes, coats...
Those came from an animal.

yes some do which is pretty icky it is skin, people get really upset about not wasting a dead humans skin though and making belts.

I take the attitude of giving thanks to the animal for supplying me sustenance. I also love suede or leather boots, shoes, belts. Like the Native Americans, they had a deep reverence for the animals and gave thanks to the souls of them and appreciated whatever they used from them.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Bullcrap about giving thanks to the murdered animals supplying leather. This is much worse than murdering animals for meat. Protein is necessary. Leather is not. New age bullcrap.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I thought you were not gonna read and reply. You shouldnt be attacking night star. I believe everything I see. And I see night stars avatar. She is an elf. She is closer to nature than you will ever be.

The souls of a million fruits are gnashing their metaphorical teeth at you good sir. Your dreams will be haunted by fields of murdered vegetables. They sit in judgement on you. The eater of their children. Woe be unto you slayer of carrots and celery. You lord over us mere mortals but your day of reckoning is coming. Your dark deeds will be weighed by a tribunal of legumes and you will be found wanting.

Other than that I hope your having a great day.

edit on 9-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I wonder how many vegetarians are wearing leather and suede belts, boots, shoes, coats...
Those came from an animal.

yes some do which is pretty icky it is skin, people get really upset about not wasting a dead humans skin though and making belts.

I take the attitude of giving thanks to the animal for supplying me sustenance. I also love suede or leather boots, shoes, belts. Like the Native Americans, they had a deep reverence for the animals and gave thanks to the souls of them and appreciated whatever they used from them.

Unfortunately the animals you get your leather from today did not live a good life nor have any freedom to select their mates or their food or move and roam before they died, they are kept in tight dirty quarters and in fear, illness and pain pumped full of drugs and robbed of their young in many instances. The exotic leathers and furs have wiped out some species altogether.

it is more akin to the men who came in those days and raped the wilderness of the creature. Like these
buffalo hunters no thanks given there!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Char-Lee

I disagree.

Cows are pretty stupid.
Dogs are much smarter than cows.
That is why we use dogs to herd other farm animals.
I have dealt with cows.
Now pigs are much smarter than cows.
Guess what?
I still eat bacon.

EAT but don't close your eyes look first then choose.

I know you don't care but I will add... just a few minutes of time to see the wonder of the creatures we abuse. We don't want to recognize their pain nor their rights so that we can have what we want. They hear and see and smell their loved ones dying ahead of them.

Heifer so lonely: How cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

All animals have feelings, they don't feel any different than we do when their babies are yanked away after birth or they are forced to leave their friends and family.
Animals!
They Are All The Same!

edit on 9-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I couldn't watch the sad vids all the way through. Too sad.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't eat animals.

I get my meat from the grocery.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

RABBIT!!!

Hes coming right for us, get him Ned!!!!!

Oh i meant Pet it!!!

No wait, i was right the first time. Mmmmmm Rabbit on toast.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

hee-hee

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
WITH GREAT BIG TEETH!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Would I be a hypocrite if I shared my steak and burgers with my beloved pets?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't eat animals.

I get my meat from the grocery.

Always good to share in an intelligent conversation

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Would I be a hypocrite if I shared my steak and burgers with my beloved pets?

I notice a lot of people feel compelled to compare our killing and eating animals to the feeding of meat eating "pets" but how do we compare? Do we lick our butts clean? The thing is we can think, we can make choices AND our bodies don't need the non human animal flesh for food, we do great without it. Just something to think on, maybe we can evolve?
edit on 11-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
I've had escargot a few times, but way too much work to make at home. There's a ton of the grey snails in my yard. I'll send them on over

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I couldn't watch the sad vids all the way through. Too sad.

It really is. I once knew a woman who was I thought a vegetarian, she was coming for dinner on Thanksgiving and we had turkey and all the traditional stuff, I thought she could eat a lot of the food but turned out she was Vegan and there was milk and butter in the biscuits and potatoes and everything good thing she bought herself some food!

Well I thought she was crazy all those years ago, I could not understand. One thing she said to me once was that if I was going to eat a creature that was killed for me to eat, I should face where and what that animal lived before and through it's death. I forced myself to watch a lot of the videos and read and try and get REAL facts not dramatized or excessive cases, and I asked my husband to look also.

One of the heart rending articles I read said "nothing tastes that good" it made me think, is our taste buds and selfish desire for taste worth the suffering these really feeling, caring gentle creatures go through. What if a human child was treated like veal and taste beyond wonderful...would the tast be all I should consider?

Anyway, my husband and I were not pushed to make the changes we did it was a decision that led to a lot of fun, hard to grasp from the other side, but learning to cook and eat new food has been a real blast and drawn us closer over the years!

I have a sister who raised her girls vegetarian since birth, one works for the government ARB and one is a lawyer with top honors and runs a charitable law firm on the side...very healthy and happy ladies now in their late 30's. My youngest sister also vegetarian has three half sisters and brother who are vegan (raised from birth), they are the most incredible people, genous IQ's and so beautiful and healthy that the younger who is in her 70's could pass for 40, not exaggerating! She is an artist and her work sells well but also works for Kashi foods.

So to explain why I have gone on about all of these people so much, it is because I keep getting pelted with arguments that you can't have a working brain or be healthy on vegan or vegetarian diets. Jim and I still eat free range "pasture" eggs.

Sorry for being long winded, it is just that I feel such sorrow that the creatures that have no way to speak and can only show their sorrow in their eyes and cries are considered nothing, no soul so unworthy to care about :-( Our disrespect of their lives with the jokes about their flesh and death saddens me deeply.

A discussion on the subject should not need to be rude or angry, it should be a two way exchange of thought. But this should be true of all discussions. it all ends up in one liner jokes or rude retorts sadly.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bless you droid56,

I have been back and forth since age 19, but have in the last week been wrestling with this again and have decided to try vegan *again* it's not hard, just more thought and prep.

Anyway -------> You are correct... people who love animals and still eat meat are Hypocrites!

I just found this lady's vids yesterday looking for an alternative recipe for milk based products and she is vibrant, healthy and beautiful. Check out her facebook page too. Her reasons for not eating meat are all throughout it.

lalaraw's facebook page

a few good recipes on her youtube channel.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Never done this before but just to show people what a raised from birth vegetarian looks like, my sisters beautiful girls. Both pictures are within a few months this year (in their late 30's)

My sisters half sister vegan from birth, she is in her 70's and this picture is up to date.
home.comcast.net...
edit on 11-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I wonder if that bird tastes better fried or grilled.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join