It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you consider yourself to be an animal lover, and you eat meat, you are a hypocrite.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I wonder how many vegetarians are wearing leather and suede belts, boots, shoes, coats...
Those came from an animal.

yes some do which is pretty icky it is skin, people get really upset about not wasting a dead humans skin though and making belts.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xquizit

But when a lion, tiger, wolf etc... Hunt and kill their pray to tear apart to eat and it's okay?

Well at least they live their natural life until the predator kills it rather quickly in most cases, not stuck in a cage to small to move and having its beak and wings cut off.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Biigs

A cow doesnt care either way, its literally a huge dumb animal that eats grass and ignores us completely.

You are way off there, try scratching a cow and talking to it, get to know a cow, they are no different than a dog just bigger.

But they taste yummy

You can keep you silly tofu im off to eat a nice jucy steak

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I disagree.

Cows are pretty stupid.
Dogs are much smarter than cows.
That is why we use dogs to herd other farm animals.
I have dealt with cows.
Now pigs are much smarter than cows.
Guess what?
I still eat bacon.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Char-Lee

I disagree.

Cows are pretty stupid.
Dogs are much smarter than cows.
That is why we use dogs to herd other farm animals.
I have dealt with cows.
Now pigs are much smarter than cows.
Guess what?
I still eat bacon.

First off I wasn't speaking of how intelligent a cow is but how loving and close to us they can be if we let them.
Our love can't be based on how intelligent a mammal is or we would eat our mentally deficient also, or at the very least shun them.

And yes I know most people feel their taste buds rule their world.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Our love can't be based on how intelligent a mammal is or we would eat our mentally deficient also, or at the very least shun them.

Do they make nice steaks?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Do they make nice steaks?

Live By The Gut......Die By The Gut.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it....I LOVE MEAT.
Yes, I'm a Carnivore and proud.

Born and raised in Texas, meat is a staple of the diet.
You have your beef cows and dairy cows, and I wouldn't eat a dairy cow just on principle...or veal.

Besides, I treat my leathers well and honor the memory of the animal who died so I could live....even if it's just by way of keeping my shoes well cared for and saying grace before a burger.

I tried going Vegan and almost went haywire.
Not all humans are born to be Vegetarians/Vegans.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

If you hate meat eaters then you can't be an animal lover. Because animals eat meat.

Your OP is not a very fair argument in my opinion. It's not a black and white issue.

It's like saying people who are against pollution should never use electricity or transportation.

Being an animal lover doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your entire way life.

No one is capable of loving every animal on the planet all the time.

Have you ever squashed a bug, killed a spider, swatted a mosquito or fly, perhaps you've sprayed ants with poison?

Have you ever set a mouse trap or owned a pet? Have you ever fed meat to your pet?

Everyone understands that animals that are raised for human consumption don't have a very happy life.

It's very sad and industries that abuse animals and violate regulations should be punished.

But eating vegan or vegetarian has negative environmental impacts also.

More vegetarians means more pesticides and herbicides are used to grow those plants.

Those pesticides contaminate our drinking water supply. Those same pesticides contaminate our bodies.

Therefore, Vegetable eaters are poisoning humanity !!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I'm doing this one post, but I won't read any of the replies. I've been down this road several times, and I'm not willing to go there again.

Let me say this one more time. If you consider yourself an animal lover and you eat meat, you are either not looking at reality, or you are a hypocrite. Visit the factory farms, and tell me I am wrong. View the line ups for the animals about to be killed, and tell me I am wrong.

What's strange is that good people support the cruelty of the meat industry.

I felt I had to post this at ATS just this one time, but I'm out of here because I know what the apologists for the cruelty will say. Been there. It disgusted me when I read their justifications. My reaction to this post would be the same.

I AM an animal lover, I LOVE the way they taste...

Jaden

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Xquizit

But when a lion, tiger, wolf etc... Hunt and kill their pray to tear apart to eat and it's okay?

Well at least they live their natural life until the predator kills it rather quickly in most cases, not stuck in a cage to small to move and having its beak and wings cut off.

Yes you are right. Predators kill fast. Except those that rely on choking their prey. Which the big cats do.

Or even birds of prey that are really considerate.

edit on 8-8-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Even though you say you're not gonna read the replies, I'm pretty sure you will anyway.

I'm an animal lover not a hypocrite. I eat meat yes, but it's because we're human and OMNIVORES.

I HATE animal cruelty but sadly the only thing we can do is to buy cruelty free meat. Vegans and vegetarians only think they're saving animals, but really, they aren't helping at all! They're blindingly turning the other way while animals are being treated like dirt! The real ones who are helping save animals are the people who buy only cruelty free meat, or they have their own farms.

I've always wondered this about vegans and vegetarians... are you against carnivorous animals too? do you want them to stop eating meat because it's not right? they can't survive without meat! it's just the way they're made.

Also, did you know killer whales torture seals just for fun? Why don't you tell a killer whale to stop animal cruelty.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wanderer777

It's not eating the hotdogs I find disrespectful.

Its consuming more than is needed, and not respecting the beings life that you are taking.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

I've always wondered this about vegans and vegetarians... are you against carnivorous animals too? do you want them to stop eating meat because it's not right? they can't survive without meat! it's just the way they're made.

True some animals cannot survive without meat as the way their system is made...no so for humans, humans are shown to live longer without meat.

Most animal feed is grain and other than meat even commercial cat and dog food is mostly non meat now days. I don't know how much they need but I do about human nutrition.

Still personally I have nothing against meat eaters I was there once I understand, and hope they, like you think of how the animal is treated. It does seems odd though when I see people at the fair or petting zoo talking to the cute pig and the calf and goat saying ohhh how sweet, how cute, most if they saw you walked over and simply cleanly slit it's throat would want you put in jail, and of course letting the children see where the meat comes from is cruel!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you love animals so much, why didn't you stop this?! Poor thing!

Too bad that painted dog has to live. And I guess it didn't get the memo about how predators are so noble and kill so quickly. Yeah, uh-huh, not even slightly. Predators kill. They don't care how efficiently it happens so long as they don't take any unnecessary damage themselves. Obviously, this young kudu is not dying quickly or cleanly being eaten alive like this.

Carnivores need meat to live, and for omnivores like humans, meat is also a part of our diets.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah exactly, there are some horrible ways some animals meet their maker.

At least humans kill our meat FAST (instantly if possible) no suffering, they would have faced a grizzly death in the wild.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I consider myself an animal lover, after all I AM an animal. I also eat animal meat. I also don't see anything wrong with being a hypocrite, because humans in general are hypocritical. Usually people aren't completely honest in their opinions when someone has a haircut they don't like or shoes or a shirt or other clothing, but they still consider themselves honest. The only way to rectify that is to say there is a hierarchy of values, and that doesn't stop the contradiction. It merely justifies it.

What's strange is that good people support the cruelty of the meat industry.

What's strange is that you use a lot of emotion-laden words without realizing they're emotional. What do you mean by a "good" person? Do you have any idea how big of an industry the meat industry is? I don't, but I know it is big and I know you're not talking about ALL of the meat industry, just the ones who do things you don't like. I'm not even going to get into that other emotional word (it starts with a c).

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

The most considerate animals of all are those wasps that lay eggs inside caterpillars (or was it ants? probably both) and when the eggs hatch, the larva eats the insides of the host.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah exactly, there are some horrible ways some animals meet their maker.

At least humans kill our meat FAST (instantly if possible) no suffering, they would have faced a grizzly death in the wild.

Yes happy cows taste better. No suffering involved.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

(Except I would have spelled behavior right)

It was spelt right, I too imagine a world; a world where US doesn't stick its nose in other countries affairs...Ah what a Utopian dream. Take no offence (dont go on the offensive) I mean your elected leaders and foreign policy makers. I think the general US population need to be pitied. Peace

[ I apologise ( apologize ] with ardour ( ardor ) that I judge your Americancentrism gambolling ( gamboling ) at your inadequacy at correct spelling. I must continue to immunise ( immunize ) my mind lest I jeopardise ( jeopardize ) my spelling sanity. ]

have fun, Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join