It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you consider yourself to be an animal lover, and you eat meat, you are a hypocrite.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hunt what I eat along with fish .. no stores out in boonieville.
Animals are tasty .. besides humans are predators and predators eat meat.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
See them faces to the left?
You guessed it, apparently they are not animal lovers!
Every time I cook meat they give me extra attention.
Me, I'm an animal lover though.
I'd eat any human before I'd ever consider dog.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Everyone engages in hypocritical behaviour at one time or another.

Let me sit down with you for a day and have a deep, meaningful conversation and I guarantee you will come to the realisation that you also take part in hypocritical behaviours to some degree.

edit on 8/8/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

No, not yet

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I eat meat and my favourite animals I love are carnavoires so see no hypocrisy there.
edit on 8-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

No your not a hypocrite, some animals are essential to our survival and this has been happening since the beginning of time. If people were saying they loved animals and were eating cats and dogs at the same time then I may have an issue. Animals eat other animals to survive also. It's just the way the world is.
edit on 8-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Let's think about this ... what are the two animals that by far are the most loved and adored as pets? Cats and dogs. We are able to form a bond with these intelligent pets that is far greater than the bond we may form with other cute cuddly animals such as bunnies, hamsters, etc. We can relate to them much more strongly on an emotional and intelligent level. Why is that?

Cats and dogs are carnivores. Hunters. Even your sweet faced pug has the genes of a ruthless meat eating assassin. It takes intelligence to cleverly hunt down your prey, and strong emotional and societal bonds to do so as a pack. That is something we as the human species can relate to. It's why losing a dog or cat is like losing a family member. The hamster, not so much. Our strong affinity with them only reinforces that we are fellow carnivores at heart.

So yes, I can love my dogs and cats, and all of us can love and share some fried chicken (my dog actually growls are me for fried chicken, it's the only food he goes really really nuts for). And I can still have fondness, love and respect for other animals too, as any good meat eating carnivore should. After all, do vegetarians hate the plants that give them life? No. Stop being so silly.

edit on 8-8-2014 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Just what is it that a vegetarian's cat eats... Lettuce?
I like bacon.
I like steak.
I think dogs make wonderful pets.

If this makes me a hypocrite .... Well, I can learn to live with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You know, if people truly wanted to improve animal welfare in the food industry, the answer is not to stop eating meat.

The answer is to keep eating meat, but only buy ethically sourced meat.

Thus increasing the value of the ethically run non-factory food industry, leading to significantly improved conditions for animals.

So really it's sort of hypocritical for animal lovers ~not~ to eat meat.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I wonder how many vegetarians are wearing leather and suede belts, boots, shoes, coats...
Those came from an animal.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I wonder how many vegetarians are wearing leather and suede belts, boots, shoes, coats...
Those came from an animal.

I think most avoid it, but then opt for faux leather, suede and fur. What's the point? If human society eats meat, we should honor that animal's sacrifice by using every part possible and wasting nothing.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Dear Original Poster

I know you don't read the replies but just in case you do......

If you consider yourself having written an intelligent OP then you are wrong. You didn't.

And don't bother replying. I won't read your reply to the post you didn't even bother to read.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
Part of the problem with ethically sourced meat is simply availability. Our population is too large, there are too few family farms. Governments are actively discouraging local growers providing organic food for their communities via oppressive regulations. HOA's tell people they can't have chickens in their backyard, or tomatoes planted in the front yard. Ranchers with free range cattle are forced off land to save tortoises that are doing just fine, thank you.

Historically food production was always community based - people planted and raised their own food, or bought from local farmers. Under current population demands, and the unnatural pushing of people into cities and suburban areas, family farms are disappearing and being replaced by factory farms to meet demands. Unfortunately I don't see a large scale solution to this that can serve the needs of all people, unless there are drastic changes to society and government as a whole. It would take much more than a consumer push to ethical sourced meats to cure this.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Also remember that cows are just "concentrated vegetables".

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Everyone engages in hypocritical behaviour at one time or another.

You took my response! LOL (Except I would have spelled behavior right)
(j/k)

We each have to find our way in this life and if I can find a place where I love my dogs and animals in general, but don't feel any guilt about eating meat (mostly fish, turkey and chicken) it's really no one else's business. I agree they are housed and slaughtered in inhumane ways, but how I deal with that is also no one else's business.

In this day, we are FAR, FAR too concerned with how other people live their lives. I imagine a utopia where people get their freaking noses out of other people's lives and live their own how they see fit... Ah... What a nice dream...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The consumption of meat is what you call the circle of life.

However, the way they do treat the animals prior to human consumption is disgraceful. Which is why I mostly buy local.

But when a lion, tiger, wolf etc... Hunt and kill their pray to tear apart to eat and it's okay?

We are on top of the food chain and if you don't eat chicken, cow, pig, deer, moose etc... One of the species mentioned above will.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

oh goody goody goody i can say what i like
sin loi

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I agree, it is very hard for me hear people say they love animals when they don't care how they are treated and they eat them even though they don't need the food, just because they "taste so good". :-(

The whole thing makes me so sad i could cry and the lady next door that LOVES birds...we have feeders and bird baths she has a huge 8 ft cage outside full of many birds and the birds cry and cry and it is not a happy singing, where does her love come into this?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: mwood
You are right, Never considered that before.

PM me about changing my diet if you could.

Just make sure you eat things like beans for protein and vegetarians lack a certain vitamin in their diets so check that out. But fruits and vegetables are living things too. Just sayin'.

No vegetarians don't lack anything in their diets if the eat a variety of fruit, nuts

A vegan diet, for example, eliminates natural food sources of vitamin B-12,

Good info here.
www.mayoclinic.org...

I feel the difference between eating another flesh and blood mammal that has a family life many mate for life, and eating plants which are grown and live with loving care is quit different. Often we do not kill but care for the plant unless death and the dispersing of seed is a natural end to its cycle anyway. Such as harvesting walnuts and replanting the best for new trees in the future.

Still it would be great if we had a body that did not need food for fuel...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

A cow doesnt care either way, its literally a huge dumb animal that eats grass and ignores us completely.

You are way off there, try scratching a cow and talking to it, get to know a cow, they are no different than a dog just bigger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join