It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you consider yourself to be an animal lover, and you eat meat, you are a hypocrite.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm doing this one post, but I won't read any of the replies. I've been down this road several times, and I'm not willing to go there again.

Let me say this one more time. If you consider yourself an animal lover and you eat meat, you are either not looking at reality, or you are a hypocrite. Visit the factory farms, and tell me I am wrong. View the line ups for the animals about to be killed, and tell me I am wrong.

What's strange is that good people support the cruelty of the meat industry.

I felt I had to post this at ATS just this one time, but I'm out of here because I know what the apologists for the cruelty will say. Been there. It disgusted me when I read their justifications. My reaction to this post would be the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You are right, Never considered that before.

PM me about changing my diet if you could.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Um...you know that plants are living things too right? We can't live on air. I do believe though that animals could be treated more humanely before they are killed for consumption. It is an outrage how these animals are kept and treated.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Kinda lame to post something then refuse to read the replies.

Personally I don't think many animal lovers are aware enough of factory farming and the cruelty involved or the health risks behind some of the practices.

And what about ethically raising your own animals, or hunting? Your title implies all meat eating, but your post is about factory farms. Oh nevermind, you're not reading this.
edit on 8-8-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
You are right, Never considered that before.

PM me about changing my diet if you could.

Just make sure you eat things like beans for protein and vegetarians lack a certain vitamin in their diets so check that out. But fruits and vegetables are living things too. Just sayin'.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I'm doing this one post, but I won't read any of the replies. I've been down this road several times, and I'm not willing to go there again.

Let me say this one more time. If you consider yourself an animal lover and you eat meat, you are either not looking at reality, or you are a hypocrite. Visit the factory farms, and tell me I am wrong. View the line ups for the animals about to be killed, and tell me I am wrong.

What's strange is that good people support the cruelty of the meat industry.

I felt I had to post this at ATS just this one time, but I'm out of here because I know what the apologists for the cruelty will say. Been there. It disgusted me when I read their justifications. My reaction to this post would be the same.

Maybe you shouldn't post something so inflammatory (since you already knew what the replies would be like having done this topic before) and then run away from the replies. If you are going to post it up at least have the cajones to stay and back it up.

Put your big girl panties on and either stay for the replies or don't start a thread. This is troll bait plain and simple.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go snap into a slim jim to tide me over until my turducken is done.

BTW - If you love all the animals so much and don't want anyone to eat them... Why do you not care that you are eating all of their food and then asking everyone else to do it too?

What are they going to do when you eat all of their food? It's the circle of life and it works exactly how it is supposed to work. I don't know one person IRL that condones some of the things that go on in the slaughter houses. To ASSume people do simply because they like meat is really just ludicrous.
edit on 8/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I can love my cat and my KFC if I want to.....you are being deliberately.....petulantly....obtuse.
If you want attention say something intelligent........
This is a nowhere statement.
Your logic is flawed.....I even loved my meat animals I raised myself....they tasted good too....because that's what they were for.... food.....to feed my own offspring....
We ARE NATURE

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56
I'm am an animal lover.

I love 'em stewed. I love 'em fried. I love 'em baked, roasted or fricasseed.

I love me some animals!

But for the most part, I only eat animals that I bleed out myself.

edit on 8-8-2014 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Burp.....What did you say. I missed it. I was eating some fried chicken while petting my dog.

While I agree that the needless cruelty of the meat industry should be done away with. There are such things as humanely killed meat sources. And plants have feeling too. I know, I talk to potatoes before i boil them. They scream, oh do they scream. So remember that next time you kill a plant to feed yourself. You selfish selfish person. For shame sir for shame.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm guessing you're a vegetarian. Why do you hate plants so much?
I agree that there are some practices in the factory farming of animals that are atrocious, but I still eat meat.
I prefer to kill the meat I eat myself. Evolution didn't provide me with these ripping incisors for tearing into lettuce.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Chicken lips and lizard hips, and alligator eyes
Monkey legs and buzzard eggs, and salamander thighs
Rabbit ears and camel rears, and tasty toe-nail pies
Stir them all together, it's momma's soup surprise!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Animals aside...........why post a thread if you refuse
to defend your position intelligently ?

For the record I love animals, but that doesn't mean I don't
source my meat to responsible farmers.......

Life and ATS without bacon ? Unthinkable.

Cody

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Me and the pooch pretty much consider popeye's like oxygen we have to have it regularly. He barks when we go by a KFC and we fight because he doesn't want to wait for the drive to popeyes. But it's a party when we pick up some ribs on a saturday night, he crunches those bones like crackers while doing a happy dance. There is only one thing he likes more than fried chicken and thats the haddock from Cracker Barrel, he is the fishiest darn pooch I have ever seen.

He tells me he was reincarnated from a shark, and thats why he loves the Haddock so much, but I don't think so I think it's the tartar sauce myself.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I love animals and I eat and meat. My husband has a T-Bone steak tattooed on his leg.

Animals are freaking awesome. My particular favorite, itty bitty kitty cat. They're so snuggly, independent and I love to watch them hunt. My cat caught 4 birds in one day, she brings them inside so they can't escape. Then she goes back out and catches one for her sister. Yes, it's a little sad to watch, I admit. However, it's a natural part of life...the food chain.

Why the heck did you even post this thread, you have zero intentions of reading or responding to the replies. Le sigh.

You're right about some factories treating the livestook inhumanely. That's why I buy local meat, it may be a bit more expensive but it's worth it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
We are not created equal as great as that would be.

I dont eat dogs, they are friendly, lovable and also taste bad.

A cow doesnt care either way, its literally a huge dumb animal that eats grass and ignores us completely.

They are not the same thing. Animals even need to be kept in line when it comes to population, esp when they share a food source either with other animals or humans - if they need to be reduced to keep the balance - if they taste good why not eat them?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

What are they going to do when you eat all of their food? It's the circle of life and it works exactly how it is supposed to work. I don't know one person IRL that condones some of the things that go on in the slaughter houses. To ASSume people do simply because they like meat is really just ludicrous.

Animals don't rely on our farm-grown food, heh heh. I don't think the OP is asking people to go out in the wilderness and raid herds of deer for their berries.

Also, what else would you call willfully perpetuating something if not "endorsing"? I don't run around and accuse people of it since my own purchasing habits no doubt contribute to somebody suffering somewhere but let's call it what is is. Eating store-bought meat is condoning the practices that got the meat there.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is the most pointless thing I've seen in a long time. Just share your OPINION like fact then we're all supposed to accept it. You won't even defend your stance so why should we take you seriously. That being said I love animals and I hate cruelty to animals, but WE can't help that most people abuse them for mass production, but why let their death be in vain? I'm not going to be a vegetarian because of animal cruelty. Humans were made to be omnivores. You know those pointy teeth you have? Those are called canines and they're used for biting into meat. Whether you believe in God or Evolution you can't fight the fact you are made with the capability for eating meat. So how is it cruel to eat meat?

Ever see those videos of an Orca launching itself onto the beach and eating baby seals? Is that animal cruelty? Or how about when a lion attacks a gazelle? The answer is no it's not animal cruelty its the food chain.

"God made every animal for a purpose. To be right next to the potatoes and gravy."
edit on 8-8-2014 by Wanderer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
But for the most part, I only eat animals that I bleed out myself.

If you have to have it, that's the only way to have it right.

I don't really like the hunting culture but I love the fact that I know those guys aren't going to buy Big Macs on the way home for their families. They'll be eating an animal that at least knew freedom and breathed some fresh air for a while before it died. Most animals being eaten today don't get any of that.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Animals aside...........why post a thread if you refuse
to defend your position intelligently ?

For the record I love animals, but that doesn't mean I don't
source my meat to responsible farmers.......

Life and ATS without bacon ? Unthinkable.

Cody

I could not agree with your answer more Cody...

Bacon... BACON?... Don't foget snails too?

On a more serious note and a little message to the OP... I think I know why you don't want to respond to this post... You have just discovered that your computer (Unless of course you have a Mac?) may contain Stearic acid of possible animal origin :

Stearic acid is a saturated fatty acid that has an enormous variety of uses as an ingredient in food, cosmetics, and industrial products. It is extracted from many types of animal fats, vegetable fats, and some oils. It is also often used to change the consistency or melting temperature of a product, as a lubricant, or to prevent oxidation. The versatility and cost effectiveness of the acid makes it a popular ingredient in countless types of products, from candles and soap to lotion and margarine.

More here : www.wisegeek.com...

In pharmaceutical dosage forms, stearic acid is used as an emulsifying agent, solubilizing agent, tablet and capsule lubricant. It is also commonly found in lotions, detergents, soaps, and shampoos, and is a natural component of cocoa butter and shea butter. Stearic acid use as an inactive ingredient must be approved by the FDA.

More here : www.drugs.com...

There are so many everyday articles that we use on a regular basis using animal derived products that it is practically impossible to not ingest or touch an object which is not of animal origin!

Personally I think that some people just have to get real and accept the fact that we as a society have to cater to the growing consumer masses with whatever big corporations decide (and can get away with) to add to our everyday products... Either that or just quit enjoying life as best as we can!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Don't foget snails too?

Ive tried snails, that was a weird experience.

They drown it in garlic and herbs but amazingly, i didnt mind the taste or texture, however, not somthing i would even THINK about attempting to cook myself.

Also technically not strictly a meat, surprisingly chewy in a good way like meat. While i didnt mind it, i dont think id eat it very often if it was more available (i had it in paris).

While me and my father tryed the snails my mother order "head of veal" assuming just a nice bit just off a baby cow, what she got was a small steak with a calf brain on it - she was nearly sick looking at it - me and my father thought it was hilarious

edit on b2727235 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join