It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Censored books tell a history the Establishment want Hidden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Hi guys im not sure if this has been posted before, and if it is even the correct forum.

Just a cool video on some books that have been activley supressed, not banned because thats against the costitution.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish
RT...........Must be more of that Rooskie propagandums...you were warned.....

edit on 8-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Haha Yeah as i was posting it i was thinking that. I hope that doesn't stop people reading these books.

The Phoenix Program by Douglas Valentine looks very interesting with Terror related issues in south vietnam back in the day and how the people in the US are being subject to similar (identical) tactics by military/police etc forces today.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Jesus christ. Yes exposing censored books is Russian propaganda. Give me an f'n break. I'd like to check out the books OP.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Is is precisely for this kind of report, which in the UK I certainly would never hear about, that I watch RT. The books sound very interesting and in the UK as so much travells from the USA to the UK that I may get round to reading some of them.

Also in the West our own governments pour their propaganda down to us through the media so we get ample Western governmental view points, but its important to have an opposite viewpoint which is why RT is such a good station.

So what if they like Putin, many Russians do also. I must admit our top man cameron is so bland, always says the predictable, never delivers on Europe and demonstrates a complete inability to live up to the role his cousin queenie put him in.

RT does a brilliant service with small bites of information, usually with a very credible individual involved in the information they are getting out, which makes their Channel all the more interesting and superior to other news channels. I also love watching Max and Stacey but I am curious as to whether she ever wear anything other than a jacket and tight Slacks?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
How is exposing censored books propaganda? I find myself only reading censored and banned books these days. They turn out to be the greatest literary works of their time.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

I think the Propoganda comments are Sarcastic in nature. RT has nothing on Fox for propoganda lol

I agree Banned, Hidden and Censored books always have the best tasty information.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I've decided I like this post, and to comment on it. What I want to say is this:

The spiritual realites of this world are always tough, and the propaganda the dealers want us all to take a dose of are always easy. I haven't read these books and I can't speak for them, but I can say this: The real truths in this world are for those willing to take some time in the library alone free of people and social pressures, and the illusions in this world are for those willing to sit down an accept what the MSM deals up for them on their couches on the evening after dinner. The truth is out there, for all of us, but it takes effort and integrity to our own paths to discover it.

Most people in this world will never discover the truth - not because they are not smart enough, but because they lack the boldness to walk against social convention, and to have enough love for themselves to do something outside of social convention with no fear. For many, the force of liberation from social fear is a spiritual force. My two cents is that finding - and walking - your own path is always worth it.

PEace!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

LOL @ stirling - fortunately enough the message packed enough punch to deliver the required info - regardless of the messenger.

The Phoenix Program....

Book Description
By Alfred W. McCoy, author of The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade: "This definitive account of the Phoenix program, the US attempt to destroy the Viet Cong through torture and summary execution, remains sobering reading for all those trying to understand the Vietnam War and the moral ambiguities of America's Cold War victory. Though carefully documented, the book is written in an accessible style that makes it ideal for readers at all levels, from undergraduates to professional historians."
www.douglasvalentine.com...
uncensoredhistory.blogspot.com.au...

The Lords of Creation......

An acclaimed classic detailing the economic history of America in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and exposing the capitalist giants who changed the world

Frederick Lewis Allen’s insightful financial history of the United States—from the late 1800s through the stock market collapse of 1929—remains a seminal work on what brought on America’s worst economic disaster: the Great Depression. In the decades following the Civil War, America entered an era of unprecedented corporate expansion, with ultimate financial power in the hands of a few wealthy industrialists who exploited the capitalist system for everything it was worth. The Rockefellers, Fords, Morgans, and Vanderbilts were the “lords of creation” who, along with like-minded magnates, controlled the economic destiny of the country, unrestrained by regulations or moral imperatives. Through a combination of foresight, ingenuity, ruthlessness, and greed, America’s giants of industry remolded the US economy in their own preferred image. In so doing, they established their absolute power and authority, ensuring that they—and they alone—would control the means of production, transportation, energy, and commerce—thereby setting the stage for the most devastating global financial collapse in history.

As Gretchen Morgenson thoughtfully states in her introduction, “It is not immediately clear why the frequency and severity of financial scandals is increasing in the United States. What is clear is that we need to understand the origins of these disasters, as well as the policies and people that bring them on. . . . While distant actions may seem unrelated to current events, rereading about the past almost always provides surprising insights into the present.”

The Lords of Creation, first published in the midst of the Great Depression, when the financial catastrophe was still painfully fresh, is a fascinating story of bankers, railroad tycoons, steel magnates, speculators, scoundrels, and robber barons. It is a tale of innovation and shocking exploitation—and a sobering reminder that history can indeed repeat itself.
www.goodreads.com...

It appears I have some reading and research to do.

S&F

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
When i have kids..... I will homeschool them on these types of books

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm sure we'll all be told that these books don't exist or that they're all Russian propaganda.
There'll be an official thread soon I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The time for propaganda is over. It is obsolete. A new phase of this world transition is taking place. The mission of RT.COM is to run counter to 'typical mainstream' media outlets ie. CNN, FOX, BBC, MSNBC, and offer an 'alternative'. The alternative will sound 'truthy', as they tell you about books you shouldn't read, because if you did, you would become angry with your leadership.

As the people become more fed up with the obvious malfeasance of their leaders, which is deliberately staged, intending to foment distrust and a lack of confidence, the 'alternative' will be the voice of truth and reason. RT will present to us our problems in easy to swallow, 30 second soundbites, give advice as to how WE the people should react, what recourse we have to address these problems, and of course, what will happen to America should we continue to do nothing.

ALL information received via mainstream media, and indeed all major cable and satellite providers, is information intended for CONSUMPTION. The information is presented in a superficial and oversimplified manner so that no one will be able to know enough about an issue to form a useful opinion. However, we all are encouraged strongly to have an opinion, and a strong one.

The veracity of the news reported is no longer an issue. The propaganda trap has already been sprung, and it is no longer important whether or not we believe. What is important now is that we are divided. Deeply divided among these issues which we largely know nothing about. With an ideologically divided populace, wedges driven between authority and citizen classes, and separations between each successive generation of families, we are headed for a civil war.

The platform has been created, and now all that needs to happen is for the hornet's nest to be kicked. Look and you'll see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
..Screaming "Russian Propaganda!"..
Jesus Christ, everything is from 'somebodies' perspective.
Do your own thinking.
Mind you Skeptic made a thread about the 'bad bad wolf' RT - Which is Skeptics propaganda, and all you sheep jump on the same band wagon.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou
..Screaming "Russian Propaganda!"..
Jesus Christ, everything is from 'somebodies' perspective.
Do your own thinking.
Mind you Skeptic made a thread about the 'bad bad wolf' RT - Which is Skeptics propaganda, and all you sheep jump on the same band wagon.

That's exactly it. People in the US have been feed information someone wants us to hear during every commercial break since we first we sat down in front of tv cartoons when we were 5 years old. We dont need to he "saved" from RT because we are too innocent to think critically about media meassages.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Can someone please list the 5 books for me? For some reason i am unable to watch videos today. Bloody technology!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The Lords of Creation by Frederick Lewis Allen

Blowback: America's Recruitment of Nazis and Its Destructive Impact on Our Domestic and Foreign Policy by Christopher Simpson

The Phoenix Program: America's Use of Terror in Vietnam by Douglas Valentine

The Search for an Abortionist: The Classic Study of How American Women Coped with Unwanted Pregnancy before Roe v. Wade by Nancy Howell Lee

Interference: How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football by Dan E. Moldea

Going by this site

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwirionedd

Blowback: America's Recruitment of Nazis and Its Destructive Impact on Our Domestic and Foreign Policy by Christopher Simpson

The Search for an Abortionist: The Classic Study of How American Women Coped with Unwanted Pregnancy before Roe v. Wade by Nancy Howell Lee

Interference: How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football by Dan E. Moldea

Going by this site

Where are 'Tom Sawyer' and 'Huckleberry Finn'???

Digital books make it simple to change the words of history.

With the touch of a button the 'N' word was edited from the historical record.

History is now written by the servers.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwirionedd

Going by this site

Thank you so much for this. Don't have a problem watching videos usually.......grrr!!!

I think i now some new material for my reading lists although, to be honest, i think i will give the Dan Moldea book a miss (no real interest in subject matter) and also probably the Search for an Abortionist book - not because of the subject matter but more because i imagine it to be pretty much the same as it was for women in other countries at the time.

The Lords of Creation looks particularly interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Did you see how much Lords of Creation go for on amazon for a hard copy. Its over $2000, holy carp! lol

To gwirionedd

Thankyou for posting the list, i was in a big rush yesterday.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Can someone please list the 5 books for me? For some reason i am unable to watch videos today. Bloody technology!

After seeing that little RT logo I'm not sure if I even WANT to see them.

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
RT is one of the most successful KGB programs of all time.

RT isn't fooling Americans, especially since one of their anchors quit on air after refusing to parrot Russian propaganda. They can bring this idiot Brian Becker on to shout and perform as an American skeptic, but if you do a little research into who he is, you will find out he has ties to the World Worker Party, and is a rabid anti-American who seems to be happy getting this opportunity (like many turncoats and traitors before him) to bash America with Russia's help. Nobody in America thinks that RT is legitimate. www.youtube.com...

RT portrays a conflict between Russia and the West, or Left and Right, when in reality it's a Punch & Judy show. They are all puppets of the Judeo Masonic Banking cartel. The Kremlin-funded propaganda channel Russia Today indicates that Russia itself is an Illuminati proxy. The station promotes CIA assets and Co-Intel operations.

"Russia Today" is an Illuminati Proxy

edit on 8-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join