It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday afternoon at small blues club in ho chi minh city ..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Thanks .. going to visit first son his wife and grandson first then may drop by to visit ex .. not sure yet winging it as usual may end up making rounds of the karaoke clubs .. tend to wander and see where end up at rather than set an itinerary ..

the old45s are great .. lost mine in my travels so these days settle for mp3 .. great songs been long time since heard them .. yes did four with s.o.g starting in 64 .. (went on 2nd tour when returned home to find wife in bed with another man walked out let the lawyer settle the divorce and went back to vietnam ) ..

Ahh ok .. knew he had been incountry didnt know he did two tours ..

Still bit of time before fly out grabbing bite to eat now then heading to airport to check in for flight ..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Have a Great Time and tell your Family Hello for us,,, the wife is asleep as you might guess I'm looking at pictures of long dead friends from a life I lived so many years ago.

I know you still have them as I do, they come back to visit us and we reach out to help them or try and save them but it's the same.
Anyway, we're here and someday we'll be with our old comrades in arms again.
Do you remember,,,,

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thanks will tell them theyre meeting my flight at the airport even though told them would get taxi as it will be late when arrive ..

True .. sit up many a night drinking and talking with them .. in some ways the worlds changed in others it remains the same ..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Now you be careful of those EX's you know what they say,
especially a Chinese EX-Wife,,, Enjoy the Kids!! rink two or three for me!

Yup, my wife is awake and asked me if I had another of those nights, I said yes, I visited with some old friends that died much too young.

edit on 8-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

G,day Pat. you ok cobs.
you have my email if need and if you need me i will get there for you.
in fact it will place me half way to where i need to be to see the lady i like
mate take it easy and remember , there are aussie and yank ex troopies here on ATS who remember saigon-- funnyland
and a lot of other ex troopies who care
mate if we dont look after each other no one else will. stuff em
i do hope i am pissin into the wind
but i consider u a mate
nui dat pronto
yep i have strangled half a carton of king browns tonight er 26oz BOTTLES
negative they are now called 750mil bottles
stuff a duck it does sound better in english
mate you take care
THE OLD AUSSIE DIGGER

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Now you be careful of those EX's you know what they say,
especially a Chinese EX-Wife,,, Enjoy the Kids!! rink two or three for me!

Yup, my wife is awake and asked me if I had another of those nights, I said yes, I visited with some old friends that died much too young.

G, day mate. i understand what you are saying
i turned the bed into a swimming pool last night
good thing i know how to tread water lol.
you take care cobber

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Great tunes! Classics. If I could give you a thousand stars I would.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Great selections .. bring back alot of memories .. always liked janis joplin .. hendrix .. the doors .. so many good ones back then .. tragic alot died too soon ..

Funny, I almost threw some "Red House" by Hendrix in there for ya. Anyway, hope you have a safe yet fun journey. Take care, and thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

For you and all the Aussie's I came to respect and call friend and brother.
Please understand, you and your countrymen have my utmost respect and I miss them those Brave, Crazy Bastards too.
They were my friend's and brother's and I knew them for just a short time, and now I'm tearing up like a baby, but that's OK, it's all about respect and caring and LOVE!
I hope you get to listen to this song and know I posted it with the Greatest of Respect. Mr. G.

I wanted to add, this next video because I don't know if the younger people know or not, but the Brave Aussie Soldier has been in the Fight with us every time. Much like the Canadian's, I have to admit, I only met two Canadian nurse's and a Canadian Doctor in Nam at the 8th Field Hospital in Nha Trang.

Canadian's in Vietnam, here is a Video, Like I said, I didn't know of any I served with, But, If I did, Thank You!

ETA: It's going to be a Long Night Again, I need to go and wipe the tears from my Old Eye's, I need another Rum & Coke or 7&7 and rearrange some old photos of mine.
My wife say's we need another trip to the Wall and show our Respect.
My Wife, God Love Her, This Old Chinese Woman, Understands Me Better Than My own Mother Ever Could Have.
For My Friends Here,,, Remember,,Always!!!

We'll see each other someday, even though we've never met, we have a common bond, we've face death and watch our brother's die, we'll know each other and give each other Hug's and we'll all always be Brother's, even our enemies.
Gotta Go,,, the wife is taking over from here.
With Respect
Mr.G
edit on 8-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Gday m8 .. doing ok .. after several rounds talking with the ghosts .. but no worries flight went ok got poured off the plane and the usual smile and welcome from the cute shiela at customs .. first son was wait for me at airport grandson conned him to being at airport even though was late when flight arrived .. grandson was up early this morning tagged along when went to park nearby to practice taiji had to bribe the little rascal to take his nap this afternoon ..

Appreciate it m8 .. alot of memories in saigon of the old days .. first found the club that went to back in 64 usually stop in to have a few ( would catch hell from mama san who runs the place if ever pass through without stopping for a few rounds these days her eldest daughter running the place )
True .. only way survive watch each others backs ..
Hehe ya keeping up with me on the drinking .. yep sounds better in english measure .. thats the size they serve at places here

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Rule # 17 ex's are ex's for good reason .. I always refer to that when in doubt .. besides am too used to being on my own and a cynical old bastard set in my ways far from easy to live with ..

And that ex happily remarried now so wont go interfering .. plenty others to chase that arent married .

Grandson was up early tagged along with me to park to practice taiji then after stopped and got him icecream had to bribe him to take nap or hed still be up running around ..

Had lost count along the way .. but had several for you ..

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Listening to along the watchtower now .. flight was good and got the usual smile and welcome from the cute sheila at customs ..

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Here you go Mr. Clouds, maybe you'll like some of these,,,, I sure did,,,,,

Yea, the wife is asleep and I have another one of those nights,,,,, who's with me?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ah, nice! I may be a bit young, but i was raised on Motown and all that great 50's 60's and early 70's rock and roll.

Funny, as a kid I hated it at the time... But now, as a musician, I'm forever grateful for the exposure to the classics, which have been a massive influence in my style.

Here's a few more of my favorites from the era.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join