Russians Mock Obama With Racist Laser Projection On U.S. Embassy In Moscow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Link

In Russia, protesters used lasers to beam a crude, racist image of Obama onto the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. The image showed the president in a birthday hat with a banana going in and out of his mouth followed by projections of the words "Obama" and "happy birthday" in English.

Please don't accuse me of trying to stir the pot, I don't care. I laughed even though I tried not to. Go ahead and sling your mud.

Wasn't me.....

It doesn't stop there. How nice of Russia to put so much thought and effort in celebrating Obama's birthday.

Across from the US embassy in Moscow today, Russians hung this racist banner addressing Obama on his 53rd birthday. Racially-charged messages aimed at Obama have been cropping up with alarming regularity in Russia. Also on the president's birthday, a banner depicting Obama as the "Three Wise Monkeys" -- see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil -- was unfurled near the U.S. Consular Section in Moscow, The Washington Post reported.

Putin got to stare at it all day long out of his window at the embassy. Look, I've never seen him laugh so hard!

Keep trying Obama!

*WARNING* - This thread was created in poor taste and is bad for your health.
edit on 7-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Is it that the Russians are being racist, or are they trying to make a point that Obama/America refuses to hear/see/speak of the evils they participate in?

Either way, it's creative....yet I have to question the race aspect.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Look, I've never seen him laugh so hard!

Damn near flooded my keyboard from that comment alone!

Putin has found his Piñata... he probably wasn't behind this, but I'd wager a good amount that he saw it and laughed his arse off just like he is doing in your pic above.

edit on 8/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is nonsense. This was NOT the Russian government doing this. It was Russian citizens and it's "Racist"? Give me a break.....

Propaganda and yet, actually a little funny.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Is it that the Russians are being racist, or are they trying to make a point that Obama/America refuses to hear/see/speak of the evils they participate in?

I guess they knew being racist was the easiest way to get onto American television.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is just a taste of whats to come, the midterms is the major key element here. If the dims remain 2/3 control of the fed, this will be kicked in to turbo mode....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
This is nonsense. This was NOT the Russian government doing this. It was Russian citizens and it's "Racist"? Give me a break.....

Nonsense indeed. The headline at Huffington Post definitely makes this sound like a trash piece. Apparently all the other news sites are running the same headline. Putin did it whether he likes it or not. Sadly that's how most Americans will view this.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I guess they knew being racist was the easiest way to get onto American television.

Good point. In the US, our racist morons tend to equate monkeys, hence the bananas, with black folks....simply because they're morons, and so we look at this as a race thing. But the banana inserted in to the mouth means more in a different, but interesting, context.

Perhaps they were meaning it in that context, rather than the racist side.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I bet he is laughing, but not because Russian students are mocking Obama, but because Russian students are mocking Obama and not him.

I guess the propaganda is working when students are mocking another country's leader instead of their own..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Pastor Manning just said a day or 2 ago Russia was going to out Obama as being gay in 100 days.

I am guessing the banana part means it has begun?

hey, gwb is gay too. It might be a prerequisite to be vetteda reply to: eisegesis

edit on 7-8-2014 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I think the 'Russian Projection' is a continuation of the Chinese form of a 'Monkey' to suggest 'Puppet'.

THE EVIDENCE:

Chinese Government is calling Obama ‘MONKEY MAN’!

The Chinese Government is calling Obama 'Monkey Man'

(Not because he's black, but because monkeys are treated/controlled 'like puppets' in China).

edit on 7-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I don't think Russia is mired down in political correctness like we are.

Racist...no. Racy...probably

As far as the 3 monkeys. Those statues have been around since I can remember. My Grandma had one on a bookshelf when I was a little girl. They've never been racist. Anyone who attributes being racist to them, has fallen off the political correctness cliff.

The three wise monkeys (Japanese: 三猿, san'en or sanzaru, or 三匹の猿, sanbiki no saru, literally "three monkeys"), sometimes called the three mystic apes,[1] are a pictorial maxim. Together they embody the proverbial principle to "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".[2] The three monkeys are Mizaru, covering his eyes, who sees no evil; Kikazaru, covering his ears, who hears no evil; and Iwazaru, covering his mouth, who speaks no evil.

There are various meanings ascribed to the monkeys and the proverb including associations with being of good mind, speech and action. In the Western world the phrase is often used to refer to those who deal with impropriety by turning a blind eye.

The source that popularized this pictorial maxim is a 17th-century carving over a door of the famous Tōshō-gū shrine in Nikkō, Japan. The carvings at Toshogu Shrine were carved by Hidari Jingoro, and believed to have incorporated Confucius’s Code of Conduct, using the monkey as a way to depict man’s life cycle. There are a total of 8 panels, and the iconic three wise monkeys picture comes from panel 2. The philosophy, however, probably originally came to Japan with a Tendai-Buddhist legend, from China in the 8th century (Nara Period). It has been suggested that the figures represent the three dogmas of the so-called middle school of the sect.

In Chinese, a similar phrase exists in the Analects of Confucius from 2nd to 4th century B.C.: "Look not at what is contrary to propriety; listen not to what is contrary to propriety; speak not what is contrary to propriety; make no movement which is contrary to propriety" (非禮勿視, 非禮勿聽, 非禮勿言, 非禮勿動).[9] It may be that this phrase was shortened and simplified after it was brought into Japan.

It is through the Kōshin rite of folk religion that the most significant examples are presented. The Kōshin belief or practice is a Japanese folk religion with Chinese Taoism origins and ancient Shinto influence. It was founded by Tendai Buddhist monks in the late 10th century. A considerable number of stone monuments can be found all over the eastern part of Japan around Tokyo. During the later part of the Muromachi period, it was customary to display stone pillars depicting the three monkeys during the observance of Kōshin.

Though the teaching had nothing to do with monkeys, the concept of the three monkeys originated from a simple play on words. The saying in Japanese is mizaru, kikazaru, iwazaru (見ざる, 聞かざる, 言わざる?) "don't see, don't hear, don't speak",[clarification needed] However, -zaru, an archaic negative verb conjugation, is pronounced the same as zaru, the vocalized form of saru (猿?), "monkey", so the saying can also be interpreted as the names of three monkeys.

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't think that was about his race, it was about his sexuality. Notice how his cheek is bulging out like someone depicting a bj?

edit on 7-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

I think the 'Russian Projection' is a continuation of the Chinese form of a 'Monkey' to suggest 'Puppet'.

THE EVIDENCE:

Chinese Government is calling Obama ‘MONKEY MAN’!

The Chinese Government is calling Obama 'Monkey Man'

(Not because he's black, but because monkeys are treated/controlled 'like puppets' in China).

That and, Obama's said to be a puppet of the Zionists(Brzezinski's Puppet).

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I don't think was about his race, it was about his sexuality. Notice how his cheek is bulging out like someone depicting a bj?
yes. Remember Joan Rivers recent comments that Obama was gay. Obama is being outed

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

As a US Citizen, I'm appaled by the lack of respect shown to a sitting US President. I wouldn't condone such for any sitting Head of State. It's childish and ignorant. You may not respect the man but you must respect the position.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

As a US Citizen, I'm appaled by the lack of respect shown to a sitting US President. I wouldn't condone such for any sitting Head of State. It's childish and ignorant. You may not respect the man but you must respect the position.

Tell Obama to respect HIS own position first, then I can respect him as a man.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Where's the racist part? I didn't see anything racist about the entire silly video.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I bet he is laughing, but not because Russian students are mocking Obama, but because Russian students are mocking Obama and not him.

I guess the propaganda is working when students are mocking another country's leader instead of their own..

That's a definite possibility Alpha. I had not thought of that, but it is a very good point.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I don't think was about his race, it was about his sexuality. Notice how his cheek is bulging out like someone depicting a bj?

Yeah ... Even monkeys have the good sense to peel a banana before it goes in their mouth.

There was no subtlety in what was being depicted.

<<   2 >>

join