It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Al perform at the Super Bowl? Yes please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Heck yea!

So I awoke to a link a friend posted on my Facebook page and it made me smile. There is a petition going around on change.org to get Weird Al to headline the Super Bowl! Awesome! I signed...twice lol maiden and married name. Hehe. When I signed this morning there were over 45k signatures already!

Personally I think this would be great and far better than the crap they usually have. He is a great performer and I bet it would be an awesome show. If it were to happen the only thing I would hope for is NO collaborations with other artists, just Weird Al on his own. Oh imagine the parody possibilities!

I have always been a Weird Al fan and find his parodies brilliant as well as his original work. He's a true musician. He even got to Billboard Number 1 with his new album, Mandatory Fun. Of course I own and preorder it and love it! My son likes to dance to "Word Crimes" it's better than him dancing to the original song! Weird Al got all Geary when presented with his first ever number 1 album. I'll be honest it made me Geary eyed for him!

So who thinks he should play the half time show?

Weird Al play at Super Bowl

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
Heck yea!

Personally I think this would be great and far better than the crap they usually have. He is a great performer and I bet it would be an awesome show. If it were to happen the only thing I would hope for is NO collaborations with other artists, just Weird Al on his own. Oh imagine the parody possibilities!

Weird Al play at Super Bowl

Haha yes! Word crimes is so much better then Blurred Lines-- I hated the song-- and I'd much rather see Weird Al than some young pop star such as Miley or Rihanna half naked, portraying that that is the way to feel beautiful.

Time to go sign the petition!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Pont52

Haha agreed! I don't care for the original either. I laughed so hard when I heard "a Word Crimes" I had tears.

I listen to his CD every time I'm in the car. My ringtone is "Party in the CIA" and my son stood up in the tub a few weeks back when my phone rang and started dancing. I just cracked up!

I would rather see a nice fun show than some vulgar trashy one like they usually have now.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

DEFINITE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he makes me laugh! would love to swee him do the super bowl!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm all for it too but I doubt the nfl would ever allow it. Seen it talked about on a couple shows this week and hasn't been getting a warm reception from what I have seen. I'll go sign it tho cause that would be great

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
That would be the greatest thing ever. I mean better than the printing press and the internet combined plus infinity x the distilled awesomeness of everyone you love. However I do not think it will happen. One of the rival channels should put up a Weird Al concert during the half time show to take away ratings.

edit on 8-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yes..Yes.. Yes!

I have been a fan of his for over 20 years now. Al deserves that honour. A week or so ago he finally made #1 on the billboard music charts. He really is the best person for the job.

I hope he would do a medley to sum up all his greatest hits. Sure the new stuff is good but nothing beats Yoda, Fat, Amish Paradise, Like a surgen ect.

There are not a lot of artists that can entertain ALL audiences at the same time...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

would I like to see him try to pull it off? Absolutely.

Would i hate seeing his show flop? Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Sadly I think this song is a prime example of why this will never happen

And wouldn't headlining the superbowl kinda make him like all the the people he parodies?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This song grew on me. I find it hilarious.

Weird Al does more than parodies.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Is there a petition for this to happen?

To any news-channel members out there, if you have Weird Al perform, I may actually wipe the dust off my TV, and watch your station. Can't guarantee that I'll watch the game, as "me + watching sports = lost braincells", but I can at least watch the halftime show.

I got lucky enough to see him in person, so I'd put a vote that he be allowed to do it.

-fossilera

new topics

top topics

join